Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

breakXedge

So let's say I wanted to upgrade my challenger edition to the "full" experience and maybe play through the story with my level 50 character the challenger edition gives me, so I won't have to suffer through the grind maybe? What's the best path there? The store is a bit confusing in that regard...

There is:

• The Fire & Darkness expansion, normally @19,99€, right now reduced to 9,99€
  • The Deluxe Upgrade @15€

Does anyone know what the difference is? Fire & Darkness sounds like only the story and deluxe sounds like it should include more, however, without the discount the expansion is more expensive than the deluxe Upgrade?

19 minutes ago, gernboes said:

So let's say I wanted to upgrade my challenger edition to the "full" experience and maybe play through the story with my level 50 character the challenger edition gives me, so I won't have to suffer through the grind maybe? What's the best path there? The store is a bit confusing in that regard...

There is:

Does anyone know what the difference is? Fire & Darkness sounds like only the story and deluxe sounds like it should include more, however, without the discount the expansion is more expensive than the deluxe Upgrade?

Deluxe upgrade includes Fire & Darkness, so I guess that’s the best path.

Though it’s still unclear if you can get F&D trophies within the Challenger version. My guess is not.

So I claimed the free Challenger Edition, and then bought the Deluxe upgrade cause it was the cheaper option and I want to play this with friends. What I wanna know is can we play the game normally or does it force you to start with the maxed out character and gear that the Challenger Edition give you? 

Can anyone confirm if Armor of the Gods is obtainable in the Challenger Edition? I’m worried it might be fully locked to the Explore the Realm activity in the base game. 

if it isn’t, I’ll amend the trophy guide to state that it is unobtainable.

Edited by nrs1nrs1

21 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Can anyone confirm if Armor of the Gods is obtainable in the Challenger Edition? I’m worried it might be fully locked to the Explore the Realm activity in the base game. 

Ur guide is for the challenger edition?

13 minutes ago, Vinny122004 said:

Ur guide is for the challenger edition?

My guide is for the base game, and from what I can tell unless someone can definitively say otherwise, all base game trophies SHOULD be obtainable in the Challenger Edition version. The ones I'm nervous about are related to base game trophies that are found out in the "Explore the Realm" activity which was stripped from the Challenger Edition, such as Armor of the Gods or the trophy for grabbing Motherlodes out in the wild. If it ends up being unobtainable for the Challenger Edition, I'll make that extremely clear in my guide.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ekir said:

after the first 10 minutes of playing, you got access to 5 legendary pieces of equipment? I'm not familiar with the game, but that sounds broken if that follows the, almost standard, code of colours in MMOs and looter games.

I mean, jesus, 10 minutes. They could shower us in gold and gadgets the very moment we enter in the game for the 1st time if they want us that hard to get phat loot.

19 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Yeah, with this watered down version, you basically start at max level with OP weapons.

With the Challenger Edition, AND with the base game, you're now given the option to skip a character straight to Level 50, which in turn will give you Level 50 ready gear to get you started for the End Game. You don't have to and you can play straight from Level 1 on either version of the game, but @Ekir, that definitely explains the 5 legendary pieces in 10 minutes.

17 hours ago, itsDembaran said:

Can I do %100 completion without any purchase? If no, which one should I buy; digital deluxe or deluxe upgrade? What are the differences between them?

You can, but if you wanna get the base game just to check out both stories (base story and the Fire/Darkness expansion), your best bet will be the Deluxe Upgrade for $15. No point spending $27 (regular $70) on the Deluxe version. They bring the exact same stuff.

18 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Deluxe upgrade includes Fire & Darkness, so I guess that’s the best path.

Though it’s still unclear if you can get F&D trophies within the Challenger version. My guess is not.

You can't considering it's a story expansion. No story is doable in the Challenger version.

19 hours ago, gernboes said:

There is:

Deluxe Upgrade is the best path for $14.99

It includes both the base game AND the Fire and Darkness expansion.

20 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

So I’ve been playing the full version lately and I’m level 39, is there any way to boost up to level 50 wvithout downloading this challenger Edison separate?

Pause the game, go into the select/change character screen, and you'll see an option to Boost your character. This will put you at 50.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Yes you can obtain Armor of the Gods, because you can find Valorplate on Dreamstone.

7 hours ago, Killaexotic said:

So I claimed the free Challenger Edition, and then bought the Deluxe upgrade cause it was the cheaper option and I want to play this with friends. What I wanna know is can we play the game normally or does it force you to start with the maxed out character and gear that the Challenger Edition give you? 

When you complete the tutorial, if you have the base game, you have an option play the game normally or start the game at the end, but if you only have the challenger edition, you can't start the story and the game normally, you have to start at the end of the game.

Question for anyone whose already downloaded this. What's the cost to upgrade and do you need to purchase both the deluxe edition and the new dlc separately or is it together? (Looking for NA Prices Canada/US)

I purchased this three weeks ago part of the previous sale (never downloaded or played) and debating if it's worth bothering to return that version to save the money over this dumpster fire of a trial since full trophies are available anyways.

Just now, Lord_Bane999 said:

Question for anyone whose already downloaded this. What's the cost to upgrade and do you need to purchase both the deluxe edition and the new dlc separately or is it together? (Looking for NA Prices Canada/US)

I purchased this three weeks ago part of the previous sale (never downloaded or played) and debating if it's worth bothering to return that version to save the money over this dumpster fire of a trial since full trophies are available anyways.

It is $15 for the Deluxe upgrade. That will net you the entirety of the base game, along with the Fire and Darkness story expansion bundled together.

No need to purchase anything separately. It's a steal compared to the current Deluxe Edition that's on sale for $27 and is normally $70.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It is $15 for the Deluxe upgrade. That will net you the entirety of the base game, along with the Fire and Darkness story expansion bundled together.

No need to purchase anything separately. It's a steal compared to the current Deluxe Edition that's on sale for $27 and is normally $70.

Yep alot cheaper, well looks like I'll be phoning CS in over this.

If I had understood correctly, with the Deluxe Upgrade (15€) you will have access to the base game and the DLC (Fire and Darkness, which cost 9.99€ at the moment), right?. It seems like a pretty good deal if you want to get the 100% just like me. 

5 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

With the Challenger Edition, AND with the base game, you're now given the option to skip a character straight to Level 50, which in turn will give you Level 50 ready gear to get you started for the End Game. You don't have to and you can play straight from Level 1 on either version of the game, but @Ekir, that definitely explains the 5 legendary pieces in 10 minutes.

You can, but if you wanna get the base game just to check out both stories (base story and the Fire/Darkness expansion), your best bet will be the Deluxe Upgrade for $15. No point spending $27 (regular $70) on the Deluxe version. They bring the exact same stuff.

You can't considering it's a story expansion. No story is doable in the Challenger version.

Deluxe Upgrade is the best path for $14.99

It includes both the base game AND the Fire and Darkness expansion.

Pause the game, go into the select/change character screen, and you'll see an option to Boost your character. This will put you at 50.

Thank you good sir

9 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Are the main bosses locked behind the base game since you can’t go to the realms that they’re in or is there another way? 

Dreamstone Missions have those same bosses and they should pop without issue.

19 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Are the main bosses locked behind the base game since you can’t go to the realms that they’re in or is there another way? 

You can fight bosses again, well 1 at least that I know off via 'Quests' that come with the Challenger Edition and it popped the trophy for me.

I'm seeing a lot of posts that say 'Platinum is possible in Challenger Edition', yet I doub anybody has actually obtained Platinum in it yet.

Of course it does appear everything is possible BUT, I wanna know about the trophy for opening 50 Chests............?? Sure the boss trophies are ok, but what about the chests because the chests are usually in the story content or the Fire expansion aren't they, are there any chests in the Challenger Edition only??

10 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Dreamstone Missions have those same bosses and they should pop without issue.

Do you know if chests are in the Challenger Edition??

Edited by Optinooby