Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

breakXedge

Im not really getting the meltdown over this. How many times have psplus given away a game but reserved some dlc. Plus is used to boost sales always has been, get people hooked reel in later. it's a business model. 

9/10 times if a plus game has dlc that dlc isn't given away freely, not all of it.. zombie army 4 is a total pisstake. but considering their game flopped i can't exactly fault the devs for wanting to be paid a reduced price for dlc. the 100% is definitely worth a tenner. idc about levelling up if i don't have to. 

• Like 2

Good to know guys, with Challenger Edition you can have one trophy of the DLC Fire & Darkness (no need to buy the DLC), you can have the trophy Smother the Flame : Defeat 200 Flameblood.
It seems to be, the flameblood in the fight against Grieves Sunsteel count, and the flameblood in the lightbringer count too, I've just unlock the trophy, but I do not have the DLC Fire & Darkness ?.
Unfortunately if you want the rest of trophies, the boss don't appear, so you have to buy the dlc if you want 100%.

After all the hoopla and questions I've and many others have asked about this dumb edition of Godfall, I finally played it on an alt account and didn't even like it, haha. 

I did the whole tutorial and then did one of the quests, which was just to kill a big boss guy. I couldn't imagine myself grinding out all those trophies doing the same stuff over and over. 

Oh wells!

• Like 2

Got the platinum now with the Challenger edition only. Was pretty fast since you didn't have to level up to get to end game. Pretty enjoyable game when you get a good build going. Got really lucky with my drops. only missing 1 augment for a full build. Might actually go 100%.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good build?

If you want I made a video (a guide) on the Lightbringer in Solo, the trophy with the 3 curses, my build is different from the video cited above, it's a build on the challenger edition (you have less skills points than the standard edition).
It worked perfectly, and you can use it on the ascended tower of trials, no worries.
The build is at the end of the video.

On 01/12/2021 at 6:18 PM, breakXedge said:

What's the best option to get 100%?

Well, right now you have two choices (as of 10th December 2021):

• Buy the Fire & Darkness DLC for 9.99€ (reduced price, usually it costs 19.99€)
  • Buy the Deluxe Upgrade for 15€.

Good to know, the only way to have 100% with Challenger Edition, is to buy the Deluxe Upgrade, if you just buy the Fire & Darkness DLC that's not working, you can't have acess of all bosses.

So there is only one way the Deluxe Upgrade -_-.

Only just discovering this. Referring to OP for most of it. 

Can I just confirm a DLC question. I understand the purchasing path to the DLC, but once you've platinumed the game, can you just start each DLC and progress as if you had completed the game 'legit'? Want to make sure I don't need story progress I wouldn't have/be able to get with the challenger edition, as I would want to get 100%, not just the Plat. Presuming you can jump into all DLC irrespective of whether you play the base game or the challenge edition?

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 11/12/2021 at 1:28 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Im not really getting the meltdown over this. How many times have psplus given away a game but reserved some dlc. Plus is used to boost sales always has been, get people hooked reel in later. it's a business model. 

9/10 times if a plus game has dlc that dlc isn't given away freely, not all of it.. zombie army 4 is a total pisstake. but considering their game flopped i can't exactly fault the devs for wanting to be paid a reduced price for dlc. the 100% is definitely worth a tenner. idc about levelling up if i don't have to. 

Oi Zombie Army 4 was a fun plat. But agreed that DLC was ridiculous, at least you could get some of the trophies from the DLC lists :)

3 hours ago, groomyboy said:

Oi Zombie Army 4 was a fun plat. But agreed that DLC was ridiculous, at least you could get some of the trophies from the DLC lists :)

worded it badly, I wasn't implying ZA4 flopped, i saw it was a great game and rebellion make great high frame rate shooters, more that Godfall was a flop, and i didn't blame the devs for wanting to make some cash from dlc, especially if the majority of the games' trophies are earnable with that edition.

ZA is a good game but im waiting for the dlc to be finished because the trophies are a pisstake.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, Kephket said:

It depends if you are 2 friends with powerfull equipments, and ascension level hight, the platinum will be fast, because the only challenge on the platinum is the ascendant tower, if you are solo player, you have to up your equipments, and ascension level.
You can plat the game in 10/15h, only if you have two friends or one, will help you to reach trial 20 in the ascendant tower, but you have to survived/dodged in the tower with lower equipment, otherwise you risk to die 3 times and it's the end, you have to re start at the beginning. So if you are solo player, maybe 30h.

Sorry If there are many mistakes in my english, I'm french, and you know, french people are bad in english, and ... well I am, sorry ?.

Thank you very much for this! I really didn't know where to start from. I'm still suffering with the tower though xD 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, breakXedge said:

Ok guys, with all the info gathered on this thread and seein that some questios are asked multiple times instead of reading the full thread, I'm putting all the info in the first post.

Reveal hidden contents

What is the Challenger Edition?

It's a part of the full Godfall game, focused in the multiplayer part. You won't have access to the main story but instead you'll get a level 50 character along with weapons and armor to engage multiplayer from the very beggining.

Okay, but can I plat this game with the Challenger Edition?

Yes. You don't have access to the story, but you can face the bosses and that's everything needed to get some trophies. Other trophies can be earned without any problem. Here you will earn the different trophies (thanks to @Kephket for the info):

• Valorplate --> Dreamstone
  • Motherlodes --> Dreamstone
  • Bosses --> Dreamstone/Tower
  • Chests --> Dreamstone/Tower

Oh wow, what about 100%'d?

Short answer, no. Challenger edition gives you access to the main base trophies and the DLC's 2 and 3 (aka Lightbringer and Challenger) but you won't have access to the Fire & Darkness DLC.

What's the best option to get 100%?

Well, right now you have two choices (as of 10th December 2021):

• Buy the Fire & Darkness DLC for 9.99€ (reduced price, usually it costs 19.99€)
  • Buy the Deluxe Upgrade for 15€.

What should I buy then?

It depends. the Fire & Darkness DLC is only that, the DLC, no thing more, while the Deluxe Upgrade gives you the Fire & Darkness DLC along with the story mode from the base game. It's up to you if you want to play the story or not (but, again, it's not needed for the trophies).

I think that's it. Please feel free to contact me if any info is wrong of if you have any questions.

Not sure if things have changed since your post but on the PS Store when you search for Fire & Darkness DLC it says that it isn't compatible with Challenger Edition of Godfall.

• Like 1

"This version of the Fire & Darkness Expansion is not compatible with Godfall: Challenger Edition. The Fire & Darkness Expansion is available for Challenger Edition players in the Challenger Edition Story Upgrade which also includes all campaign story content."

Quoted directly from the store description for the dlc. Just when you thought they couldn't fall any lower they pull more underhanded crap like this.

Welp gotta wait on a big discount for the story upgrade now.....thanks a lot Sony! ?

On 15.12.2021 at 2:13 AM, Kephket said:

Good to know, the only way to have 100% with Challenger Edition, is to buy the Deluxe Upgrade, if you just buy the Fire & Darkness DLC that's not working, you can't have acess of all bosses.

So there is only one way the Deluxe Upgrade -_-.

How can I check if the dlc works? I have bought dlc when challenger edition was just released and downloaded it. It will be very stupid if they just removed access to the content which I bought... It is still no message about compatibility of the dlc in my ps store...

On 28/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, Anton_games337 said:

How can I check if the dlc works? I have bought dlc when challenger edition was just released and downloaded it. It will be very stupid if they just removed access to the content which I bought... It is still no message about compatibility of the dlc in my ps store...

It's simple, if you have the lightbringer - fire, you have the DLC, if not, so you have to contact Sony and request for a repayment (if it's possible).

1 hour ago, Anton_games337 said:

I mean in game, bosses or something like that

I also purchased the Fire & Darkness DLC but when I rebooted my game I was still missing the “Fire Realm” which is required to fight those bosses. The description in my store states it’s not compatible with the Challenger Edition so there’s that, I’ll just get a refund. Why some PS stores aren’t showing that disclaimer, I don’t know.

What I do know is that you can meet the bosses for the DLC in higher levels of Dreamstones and AToT (levels 70+ for Dreamstones and 20+ for AToT) but whether they give you trophies without purchasing the DLC is yet to be confirmed by someone. I assume you can pop the trophies because if you have a look at my trophy list for the game, I was able to obtain one even though it’s claiming to be incompatible.

On 30/12/2021 at 9:10 PM, Anton_games337 said:

I mean in game, bosses or something like that

Yes in the game, you have to check in the game (that's seems logical to me ?) if you have "lightbringer - fire", in lightbringer you should have 4 realms, earth, water, air (basic content) and fire (DLC content)