Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Another one knocked off... and keeping up my streak of every game so far being a different one than the one I planned on ?

2705.png   1/10 - Accounting+ (Ps3TrophyImports)

2705.png   2/10 - Flipping Death (PlaystationTrophies.org)

274e.png   3/10 - Moons of Madness (Platprices)

274e.png   4/10 - Control (Platprices)

2705.png   5/10 - Sayonara Wild Hearts (PSNProfiles)

274e.png   6/10 - Moonlighter (Platprices)

2705.png   7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PSNProfiles)

274e.png   8/10 - Stardew Valley (Platprices)

274e.png   9/10 - Hollow Knight (Platprices)

274e.png 10/10 - Tetris Effect (Platprices)

• Like 4

Kinda slow start for me this year with all the dlc I had to do, so only completed 2 games! Good news I got a ps5 so I know at least 3 games I am going to play!Empty spots means I don’t know what I am going to play!

1/10:

2/10: Ratchet and Clank: Rift apart( psn profiles)

✔️3/10: Watch dogs: Legion (psn profiles)

4/10:

5/10:

6/10: 

7/10: Demons souls (psn profiles)

✔️8/10: Mega man 11 (psn profiles)

9/10: Returnal (platprices)

10/10:

Edited by totakos1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

1/10 - Oxenfree

2/10 - The Forgotten City 

3/10 - Crosscode

4/10 - Bully

5/10 - Salt & Sanctuary

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Rain World

8/10 - Devil May Cry HD

9/10 - Splasher 

10/10 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus :platinum: (19/1)

After a good 22 attempts I finally beat Mein Leben difficulty! 

Yoooooo good job man! I see so many people sign up for this one, but I'm sure few will actually achieve it. Now you've got the hardest part out of the way. The challenge is a downhill coast from here lol

23 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yoooooo good job man! I see so many people sign up for this one, but I'm sure few will actually achieve it. Now you've got the hardest part out of the way. The challenge is a downhill coast from here lol

Thanks man, I'm not so sure it's gonna be that easy with Splasher though, it is a serious toughy. The platinum time trials were made in collaboration with speedrunners and the times have to be pixel perfect, no mistakes. That and the three speedruns playthroughs on top of that really puts it in leagues with Super Meat Boy.

13 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Thanks man, I'm not so sure it's gonna be that easy with Splasher though, it is a serious toughy. The platinum time trials were made in collaboration with speedrunners and the times have to be pixel perfect, no mistakes. That and the three speedruns playthroughs on top of that really puts it in leagues with Super Meat Boy.

O_O Dang that sounds scary haha Well after Wolfenstein 2 I'm sure you can do anything, but feel free to change to a different 9 if Splasher ends up being too frustrating. Good luck :) 

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

O_O Dang that sounds scary haha Well after Wolfenstein 2 I'm sure you can do anything, but feel free to change to a different 9 if Splasher ends up being too frustrating. Good luck :) 

Thanks! I really want Splasher on the list since it's a favorite platformer of mine, but we'll see in the next 11 months or so ?

I've decided to put The Binding of Isaac as my 9/10 difficulty game, with the difficulty being 9 on this site. I am not installing any of the expansions and sticking with vanilla Rebirth until I complete all 20 challenges and get The Lost because it's easier to unlock the Lost on Rebirth than future expansions. (I find it easier to kill my character of in weird ways rather than hunt down a stupid trinket that takes forever and then find a Sacrifice Room to use it on. :()

Already got three trophies(for unlocking Lazarus, Azazel and clearing the first run), also playing it on the PS5 and it controls a bit easier.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Hey has this closed for entries and can I add games I've done in this year already (only one ?)? I haven't got a list but I'll try and match this up with other events.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 3/10 14th Jan

Hey there, this event is open all year and won't be closed until January 1st 2023 so you're good. Welcome :) 

• Like 1

Been a long time coming but finally finished FF8 for the first time.  Made my wife super happy since it is her favorite.

Still a long way to go.

2611.png   1/10 -  Oxenfree(Platprices) 1/6/2022

274e.png   2/10 -  Robotics;Notes DaSH(Platprices)

2611.png   3/10 - Final Fantasy VIII Remastered(Platprices)1/20/2022

274e.png   4/10 - Control(Platprices)

274e.png   5/10 - Nitroplus Blasterz: Herione's Infinite Duel(Platprices)

274e.png   6/10 - Nioh 2- (Platprices)

274e.png   7/10 - Dragon Age: Inquisition(Platprices)

274e.png   8/10 - Cuphead(Platprices)

274e.png   9/10 - Returnal(Platprices)

274e.png 10/10 - Gran Turismo Sport(Platprices)

• Like 4

Count me in!

I've already completed one for this year, which I'll include in this list. Not sure what to put for my 1/10 just yet though. 

❌ 1/10: TBD

❌ 2/10: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

❌ 3/10: Apotheon

❌ 4/10: Sundered

✔️ 5/10: Rocksmith 2014 

❌ 6/10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)

7/10: Death's Gambit

❌ 8/10: Mega Man 11

❌ 9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5)

❌ 10/10: Super Meat Boy

Edited by coldhardcrash_
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Count me in!

I've already completed one for this year, which I'll include in this list. Not sure what to put for my 1/10 just yet though. 

274c.png 1/10: TBD

274c.png 2/10: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

274c.png 3/10: Apotheon

274c.png 4/10: Sundered

2714.png 5/10: Rocksmith 2014 

274c.png 6/10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)

231b.png  7/10: Death's Gambit

274c.png 8/10: Mega Man 11

274c.png 9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5)

274c.png 10/10: Super Meat Boy

Imo Donut County is the highest quality 1/10 out there. Telltale games are also good options. 

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Imo Donut County is the highest quality 1/10 out there. Telltale games are also good options. 

It's a great one for sure - I'd also add the Life is Strange games, which are all very good - and if you have access to a PSVR, there are a number of good, fun games that are 1/10 in terms of difficulty, but 10/10 in terms of fun!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 

Question for ya mate:

If I plat a game that isn't popular enough for any guide, or estimate to have been calculated for it, I would assume it's ineligible for this, but if such a game were to receive a guide at some point down the line, could I retroactively add it to the list if it fits a spot not already filled?

On 1/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

@Rebourne07 

Question for ya mate:

If I plat a game that isn't popular enough for any guide, or estimate to have been calculated for it, I would assume it's ineligible for this, but if such a game were to receive a guide at some point down the line, could I retroactively add it to the list if it fits a spot not already filled?

Good question. If the game legitimately doesn't have a guide or rating anywhere on the internet then yeah it wouldn't be eligible cause then it'd just be your personal rating. But if it receives a guide or rating in the year 2022 then at that time you can put it on your list :) 

• Like 4

1 - Sagebrush  :platinum: 4/01/2022 
2 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart :platinum: 15/01/2022

3 - Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered :platinum: 12/01/2022

4 - Untitled Goose Game :platinum: 11/01/2022

5 - GoNNER/Resident Evil 7: Biohazard 

6 - Bioshock Infinite/The Talos Principle

7 - Bloodborne/Mortal Shell

8 - Furi/Red Faction

9 - Hollow Knight/I am Bread

10 - Wuppo

Ive already gotten a few plats this year, it's hard to choose my favourites!

Note: All of these difficulties are based off of PlatPrices.com

Edited by KronicJinx_
  • Like 4