Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I need a better entry for 1/10... 1f602.png But I couldn't come up with anything better for now... 

I’ve been eying this event up from a distance but I’m really struggling with 1-3 selections. 

The only game that has caught my eye so far is Donut County in the 1/10’s or The Wolf Among Us - I’m not sure if you’ve played either already but I fear the latter would be difficult for me to get through because of the lack of gameplay ? - So yeah probably not that helpful but I’m keen to see some recommendations, also.

Nice list though dude!

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

From what I know of this game, you might want to start sacrificing virgins to RNJesus right now! 1f602.png

???? I haven’t checked this one out but that made me chuckle!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KindaSabbath said:

I’ve been eying this event up from a distance but I’m really struggling with 1-3 selections. 

The only game that has caught my eye so far is Donut County in the 1/10’s or The Wolf Among Us - I’m not sure if you’ve played either already but I fear the latter would be difficult for me to get through because of the lack of gameplay 1f602.png - So yeah probably not that helpful but I’m keen to see some recommendations, also.

Donut County is pretty rad BTW - if you ever played Katamari, it's got a lot of similarities - just goofy fun.

I was a fan of The Wolf Among Us.... but Fables (the comic it's based on,) is one of my all time favourites, (one of the only books I have the entire run of,) so it's hard for me to get distance from that, and know if TWAU works independent of that pre-existing fandom :dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Donut County is pretty rad BTW - if you ever played Katamari, it's got a lot of similarities - just goofy fun.

Good to know! I haven’t played Katamari but I trust that if you rate a game, it’s probably decent!

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I was a fan of The Wolf Among Us.... but Fables (the comic it's based on,) is one of my all time favourites, (one of the only books I have the entire run of,) so it's hard for me to get distance from that, and know if TWAU works independent of that pre-existing fandom :dunno:

Ok cool - TWAU is £3 currently so I may go with that. My good friend has asked me to play it multiple times (the guy I shared your Arkham Asylum review with, which he loved btw) as he rates it very highly. It’s just not my normal style of game with it being heavy story focus > gameplay… Good opportunity to try something different though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Wait - is this meant to be a plat rain?

...because I'm not really into that - I like my dopamine slow and steady!

Lol, to be honest I thought it was a typo and "plat rain" just meant "platinum" 

What is a plat rain?

Edited by Rebourne07

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Lol, to be honest I thought it was a typo and "plat rain" just meant "platinum" 

What is a plat rain?

A plat rain would be where you left one pretty easy trophy for the end of the game and then sat on it until you were done with your list.  Then you'd go through and pop each platinum really quick and get all 10 plats basically at once.  

45 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

A plat rain would be where you left one pretty easy trophy for the end of the game and then sat on it until you were done with your list.  Then you'd go through and pop each platinum really quick and get all 10 plats basically at once.  

lol, that'd be hilarious if someone did that with this event and finished it January 1st. Technically you could. Though there's no prize for first or how quick its done. 

I think I'll join this one as well since it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

I'll do these -

1/10   - 

2/10   - 

3/10   - Anarchy: Rush Hour (PST)

4/10   - 

5/10   - Gran Turismo 6 (PSNP)

6/10   - Gran Turismo 7 (PSNP)

7/10   - Split/Second (PSNP)

8/10   - Blur (PSNP

9/10   - GT Sport (PSNP)

10/10 - Assetto Corsa (Platprices)

I'm not sure what games I'll do for the easier ones since most of the games I wanna do are higher up. I'll try to change it as it comes but I probably have games that I have yet to put on.

This will be a lot of fun so glad to join this.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 4

I would also like to participate in this challenge.

Here is my tentative list:

1) You Don't Know Jack

2) Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

3) Fallout 4

4) God of War: Ascension

5) Mighty No. 9

6) Final Fantasy X-2

7) Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

8) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

9) Sonic Unleashed

10) Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Rounded up from 9.5)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

lol, that'd be hilarious if someone did that with this event and finished it January 1st. Technically you could. Though there's no prize for first or how quick its done. 

To complete all 10 games on Jan 1st you definitely need to have played a lot in advance... but you're right there's only the personal feeling of finishing the games as reward :)

The thought of doing a Plat Rain actually crossed my mind :) but it would take most part of the year to complete these 10 games and leave all others unfinished so i decided against it :P

1/10
  • TWD Season 1/3/4/Collection (PS4)
2/10
  • 初音ミク Project Diva Future Tone DX
  • Word Search by Powgi (PS4)
3/10
  • Akiba’s Trip (PS4) 
  • J-Stars Victory VS+ (PS4) [EU]
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
4/10
  • Battlefield: Hardline (PS3)
  • Borderlands (PS4)
  • Freedom Wars
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
5/10
  • Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
  • Rayman Legends (PS4)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)
6/10
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
7/10
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3
8/10
  • Rayman Legends (Vita)
9/10
  • Super Street Fighter IV (PS3/PS4)
10/10
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom (PS3/PS4)
Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 4

This will help me focus a bit on what to play next year, want to use PSNP for all difficulties just to have some sort of consistency by only using 1 site but it was harder than I thought finding games for 1 and 2 that I either want to play or haven't played already.

1 - My Name is Mayo 2

2 - Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

3 - God of War 2

4 - Sly 3 

5 - Uncharted 2

6 - Crash 2

7 - Yakuza 0 

8 - Unravel 2

9 - Crash 4

10 - Fall Guys

Fall Guys as my 10 is cheap as I already got infallible by boosting but apart from SMB I can't think of another 10 I would play and it might actually motivate me to go back and get the race wins I need for the plat

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

This will help me focus a bit on what to play next year, want to use PSNP for all difficulties just to have some sort of consistency by only using 1 site but it was harder than I thought finding games for 1 and 2 that I either want to play or haven't played already.

1 - My Name is Mayo 2

2 - Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

3 - God of War 2

4 - Sly 3 

5 - Uncharted 2

6 - Crash 2

7 - Yakuza 0 

8 - Unravel 2

9 - Crash 4

10 - Fall Guys

Fall Guys as my 10 is cheap as I already got infallible by boosting but apart from SMB I can't think of another 10 I would play and it might actually motivate me to go back and get the race wins I need for the plat

Sounds good man. Your Fall Guys will still count even if you boosted Infallible :) Good luck on that and Crash 4!

Looks like a fun little thing to do , so here is my list with the obviously possibility of changing games up ;

1) Burly Men at Sea 
2) Astro's Playroom 
3) Minecraft 
4) Day's Gone 
5) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag 
6) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X  
7) The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt Complete Edition  
8) The Evil Within 2  
9) Divinity: Original Sin  
10) Shadow Warrior  

All difficulties based on PSNProfiles except Shadow Warrior which is based on Platprices, but I couldn't find any 10s that I own and actually want to play so that one it is I guess

• Like 2

Saw this thread recently and I decided to put my hat in the ring as well.

I don’t know if I could complete this, and the list itself might change throughout 2022 but I will at least try next year as I want to get many of these games done.

1/10 – Batman: The Telltale Series (PS3 or PS4)

2/10 – One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (PS4)

3/10 – Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner (PS4)

4/10 – Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS4) (Plus DLC)

5/10 – Jump Force (PS4)

6/10 – Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4)

7/10 – Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) (Plus DLC)

8/10 – Devil May Cry 1 HD

9/10 – Sonic Unleashed (PS3)

10/10 – Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus (PS4) (Plus DLC)

Honestly, the games from 7/10 and above look very intimidating but I will make attempts while hopefully get the platinum and 100% for all of them.

Good luck to the rest of you and wish me luck as well!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Groudon9000 said:

Saw this thread recently and I decided to put my hat in the ring as well.

I don’t know if I could complete this, and the list itself might change throughout 2022 but I will at least try next year as I want to get many of these games done.

1/10 – Batman: The Telltale Series (PS3 or PS4)

2/10 – One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (PS4)

3/10 – Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner (PS4)

4/10 – Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS4) (Plus DLC)

5/10 – Jump Force (PS4)

6/10 – Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4)

7/10 – Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) (Plus DLC)

8/10 – Devil May Cry 1 HD

9/10 – Sonic Unleashed (PS3)

10/10 – Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus (PS4) (Plus DLC)

Honestly, the games from 7/10 and above look very intimidating but I will make attempts while hopefully get the platinum and 100% for all of them.

Good luck to the rest of you and wish me luck as well!

You got this bro

I've more or less finished Blazblue and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Persona 5 Royal nearly being completed as well, which will let me achieve a 2/10, 4/10, and a 6/10 difficulty Platinum Trophy on the 1st of January! I started X-Men Origins: Wolverine as my 5/10 as it will be faster to finish than Sonic Generations! Getting 4 Platinums in one day will be amazing, so I hope that I can get it done. Good luck to everybody!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BELIEVEINTHENET said:

I've more or less finished Blazblue and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Persona 5 Royal nearly being completed as well, which will let me achieve a 2/10, 4/10, and a 6/10 difficulty Platinum Trophy on the 1st of January! I started X-Men Origins: Wolverine as my 5/10 as it will be faster to finish than Sonic Generations! Getting 4 Platinums in one day will be amazing, so I hope that I can get it done. Good luck to everybody!

It's not a race... you have the whole year to complete the games ?

Edited by HOGIE13EIRE
  • Like 1

Seeing as we can swap games and nearly half are on my list from another challenge, I'll join too. ?

1. Tokyo Dark: Remembrance (psnprofiles)

2. Ratchet and Clank: a Rift Apart (psnprofiles)

3. One Piece: Burning Blood (psnprofiles)

4. MGS3: Snake Eater (playstationtrophies)

5. Metro Exodus (psnprofiles)

6. Disco Elysium (psnprofiles)

7. Valfaris (platprices)

8. Superbeat Xonic (psnprofiles)

9. Back 4 Blood (platprices)

10. Trackmania Turbo (platprices)

On 12/3/2021 at 1:19 AM, Copanele said:

Ok, this is quite the fun event! I will join as well :D

1/10 - XBlaze Lost: Memories

2/10 - Spyro the Dragon

3/10 - Yakuza 6 Song of Life

4/10 - Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend

5/10 - Hitman Blood Money

6/10 - Guacamelee 2

7/10 - Victor Vran

8/10 - Mirror's Edge

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Persona 4 Arena

This list will definitely be changed later on (especially the 1/10 and 2/10 entries)

Ok after checking more info, sales and advices, will do some switches to games that are abit more appealing xD 

1/10 - The Wolf Among Us - let's try at least one of these modern Telltale games. Heard this one is the best. Really not getting along with Visual Novels.

2/10 - Hitman GO - Since I want to play all Hitman games anyway...

3/10 - Yakuza 6 Song of Life

4/10 - Hitman Absolution - I simply can't find a copy of Continuum Shift EX anywhere

5/10 - Hitman Blood Money

6/10 - Yakuza 4 - I will start this one, Guacamelee 2 afterwards :D 

7/10 - Blazblue Chronophantasma - way more likely to finish this game, since I want to start it in January anyway.

8/10 - Furi - I am more confident in this game.

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Persona 4 Arena

Well, hope I won't have to change the list again!

• Like 4

All difficulty ratings were taken from PSNProfiles and PlatPrices.

1/10 - The Walking Dead Season One
2/10 - Harvest Moon Light of Hope
3/10 - .hack//G.U. Last Recode
4/10 - Days Gone
5/10 - Digimon World Next Order
6/10 - Kingdom Hearts (PS4)
7/10 - Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
8/10 - Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
9/10 - Divinity Original Sin
10/10 - The Long Dark

This looks like a fun challenge. Would love to take part in it. 

• Like 4