Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Sign me up!

1/10-Job Simulator

2/10-MediEvil

3/10-Katamari Damacy ReRoll

4/10-Deathloop

5/10-Dishonored Definitive Edition

6/10-Titanfall 2

7/10-Demon’s Souls

8/10-Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2

9/10-I Am Bread

10/10-Devil May Cry 5

All difficulties are taken from PSNProfiles guides for these games except for DMC 5 and the difficulty for that game is taken from plat prices. I’m so excited for this event and it’s actually going to be my first community event ever.

Edited by Drizzora-
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Drizzora- said:

Sign me up!

1/10-Trine 2

2/10-Sly Cooper 1

3/10-Katamari Damacy ReRoll

4/10-Deathloop

5/10-Dishonored Definitive Edition

6/10-Titanfall 2

7/10-Demon’s Souls

8/10-Not Determined Yet

9/10-I Am Bread

10/10-Not Determined Yet

All difficulties are taken from PSNProfiles guides for these games. I’m so excited for this event and it’s actually going to be my first community event ever.

Great list! Good luck!

• Like 1

Im in ? all from platprices/psnprofiles

Gun Crazy 1/10  (01.01.2022) Plat

Voice of Cards 2/10

Horizon Zero Dawn 3/10

Control 4/10

Captain Tsubasa: RoC 5/10

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 6/10

Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice 7/10

[Prototype] 8/10

Hollow Knight 9/10

DMC 5 or Street Fighter V yet to decide what the ultimate punshiment will be lol 10/10

Edited by Shha_D_ow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Count me in. It's going to be a struggle for me to find 1/10 games that interest me more as 7-10/10 games did. Is there a list of good games for every difficulty somewhere?

PlatPrices has the most searchable set of difficulty ratings

3 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

As a quick question: Do we need to 100% the games that we choose or just get the platinum for them to count? 

Platinum only, no DLC or 100% required. I'll add that to the info in the original post thank you.

• Like 1

This is a full year event right? And from what I understood, we can use already started games.

Do, we need to name and commit to a 10 specific games list or can we change/decide later? (I'm terrible at keeping to a plan as some should already know from all this years...)

So, I'm in.. definitely need some convincing to get back to some games..

Need a ruling on Tetris Effect, I couldn't find a guide or anything similar that gave a flat out difficulty rating, but playstation trophies has there community voting system and it has by far the largest majority for 10/10 difficulty would this count as a 10/10?  https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/305509-platinum-difficulty-rating/

Edit: Nevermind PlatPrices has it as a 10/10 https://platprices.com/game/4444-tetris-effect

Edited by Together_Comic

20 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

This is a full year event right? And from what I understood, we can use already started games.

Do, we need to name and commit to a 10 specific games list or can we change/decide later? (I'm terrible at keeping to a plan as some should already know from all this years...)

So, I'm in.. definitely need some convincing to get back to some games..

Yes this is for the full year of 2022. Any amount of progress can be made prior to 2022, but the platinum has to pop in 2022. It's best to try to come up with a list to give yourself a plan, but it's not required. You can change games at any time. It's just meant to be fun so no excessive rules or constraints :)

12 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

Need a ruling on Tetris Effect, I couldn't find a guide or anything similar that gave a flat out difficulty rating, but playstation trophies has there community voting system and it has by far the largest majority for 10/10 difficulty would this count as a 10/10?  https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/305509-platinum-difficulty-rating/

Edit: Nevermind PlatPrices has it as a 10/10 https://platprices.com/game/4444-tetris-effect

Yeah, I'd definitely go with 10/10 for that one. And I thought about having a special section or post on Playstationtrophies.org because their voted ratings could go either way, either 1) The number most votes have gone to 2) The average (if the site was better about providing that it'd be nice) or 3) The average rounded up, since by nature Playstationtrophies would never have a 10/10 like in the case of Tetris Effect, even though it clearly deserves its 10/10 rating. If in doubt its good to ask here or look around at a few other sites like you did. Good luck :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yes this is for the full year of 2022. Any amount of progress can be made prior to 2022, but the platinum has to pop in 2022. It's best to try to come up with a list to give yourself a plan, but it's not required. You can change games at any time. It's just meant to be fun so no excessive rules or constraints :)

Ok, cool.

I usually do plan things, I usually just don't stick to the plan... and I don't want to commit right away to something silly like Street Fighter 5, Gran Turismo Sport, Injustice and Wipeout Omega right from the start...

I will make a list later, but it will always have the next 3/7 games in it, since they are on my short list to complete and it's unlikely that I will go for more platinums this year after Driver San Francisco, because of an event where I'm required to get 2-7 more DLCs to 100% before the end of December..

Anyway, the list is:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Ghost of Tsushima

Tales of Arise

Jump Force

Burnout Paradise PS4

Voice of Cards

Light Fairytale Episode 2

No numbers fixed yet, since i'm not sure what rarity each game is eligible for..

• Like 1

This sounds like a lot of fun and it its a year long event, so I'll join. For my list, I'm thinking of this games:

1/10 - My Name is Mayo 3 (Unless they decide to troll everyone with this one, also I'm guessing this will come out somewhat early 2022)

2/10 - Spyro the Dragon

3/10 - Ratchet & Clank

4/10 - Resident Evil 5

5/10 - Resident Evil 7

6/10 - Resident Evil Village

7/10 - Thumper

8/10 - Cuphead

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Not sure yet

• Like 1

Ok I'm definitely in.  Here's my tentative list for the year.  Though I'm not super sold on my 6 or 7 may reevaluate as time gets closer.  

01/10 - Oxenfree

02/10 - Rime 

03/10 - Final Fantasy VIII

04/10 - Dragon Age 2

05/10 - The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel IV

06/10 - Batman Arkham Asylum

07/10 - Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

08/10 - Superbeat Xonic

09/10 - Track Mania Turbo

10/10 - Tetris Effect

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Together_Comic said:

Ok I'm definitely in.  Here's my tentative list for the year.  Though I'm not super sold on my 6 or 7 may reevaluate as time gets closer.  

01/10 - Oxenfree

02/10 - Rime 

03/10 - Final Fantasy VIII

04/10 - Dragon Age 2

05/10 - The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel IV

06/10 - Batman Arkham Asylum

07/10 - Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

08/10 - Superbeat Xonic

09/10 - Track Mania Turbo

10/10 - Tetris Effect

Amazing list! You got this bro! And of course extra love for choosing Final Fantasy VIII as your 3 :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Amazing list! You got this bro! And of course extra love for choosing Final Fantasy VIII as your 3 :)

Thanks! Looking forward to the event. Thank you for putting it on. FF8 is the only one from the ps1 generation that I havent played and Ive been meaning to get to it. Moonshot Galaxy seems sweet and Ive been looking for a reason to "borrow" my partners VR. I might pick that up at some time....

• Like 1

I'd love to do this.  Gonna coincide with some other events for next year to keep me from bobbling around too much, and only adding one new games to the backlog.  Gonna make this one of my two consistent events next year, so I'm pretty stoked some of it gets to be easy : D.

1) Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Playstationtrophies.org

2) Trials of Mana - PSNProfiles

3) Jedi's Fallen Order  - PSNProfiles

4) L.A Noire (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Guide is for the PS3 version, but I assume they overlap)

5) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International  - PSNProfiles

6) Final Fantasy X-2 - PSNProfiles

7) Yakuza 0 - PSNProfiles

8) Bound - PSNProfiles

9) I Am Bread - PSNProfiles

10) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - PSNProfiles

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

Count me in! My tentative list below, obviously might change with new releases etc!

1/10: Gun Crazy

2/10: Sly Cooper 1

3/10: It Takes Two

4/10: The Last of Us Remastered

5/10: Uncharted 2

6/10: Titanfall 2

7/10: Demon’s Souls

8/10: Rogue Legacy

9/10: Returnal

10/10: Fall Guys

• Like 1

1 My Name is Mayo - ✅ - Apr 1st