Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Hi, I would like to enter.

Will update this when complete but I'm still trying to think of super easy and super hard games.

The list is:

1/10 : TBD

2/10 : TBD

3/10 : Horizon Zero Dawn

4/10 : Battlefield 4 (PS3)

5/10 : Parappa the Rapper

6/10 : COD: MW2

7/10 : COD: MW3

8/10 : COD: WAW

9/10 : Battlefield Bad Company

10/10 : TBD

Parappa the Rapper's platinum is incoming in a  few minutes, hence the reason behind the post. Everything else already has some progress but should be platted this year.

• Like 2

On 12/01/2022 at 1:06 PM, Big-Brady said:

I would like to sign up for this challenge.

I don't have any plan at the moment yet though I hope that isn't going to be an issue?

Doing a few different challenges this year so games I play change quite a bit.

1 - 

2 -

3 - 

4 - 

5 - 

6 - 

7 -

8 - 

9 - 

10 - Wolfenstein 2 (Possibly)

First Platinum of 2022 Obtained

❎1 - 

❎2 - Until Dawn

✅3 - hack//G.U. Last Recode

❎4 - 

❎5 - 

❎6 - 

❎7 -

❎8 - 

❎9 - 

❎10 - Wolfenstein 2 (Possibly)

Edited by Big-Brady
Adding in links for guides
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup man! Welcome to the challenge! And yeah just make a new post every time you platinum one of the games on your list. You can change the games anytime so no need to post if you decide to change one without platinuming it.

Also I noticed Abzu on your list. All games have to have platinums and Abzu, as brilliant a game as it is, doesn't have a platinum trophy so you'll need to switch that one out for something with a platinum. I'd recommend Donut County, Telltale games, Devious Dungeon, Sagebrush etc. Lots of good choices. 

Sorry for the mistake, here is my new list:

1/10 : The walking dead : a new frontier (PSNprofile)

2/10 : Persona 5 royal (Platprice)

3/10 : South park le baton de la liberté (PSNprofile)

4/10 : Injustice 2 (PSNprofile)

5/10 : Control (PSTHC)

6/10 : Mass effect (PSNprofile)

7/10 : Othercide (PSNprofile)

8/10 : Nex machina (PSTHC)

9/10 : Bound (PSTHC)

10/10 : Trackmania turbo (Platprice)

• Like 2

I know some folks are having trouble coming up with a 1/10 difficultly that they actually like the look of, and don't want to resort to playing a "Pig D" or one of those Breakthrough monstrosities...

...so I'd like to give a big endorsement to The Artful Escape, which just released on Playstation.

L668342.png

It's new enough that there isn't actually any guides or difficulty ratings online yet, (that I saw,) however, I've just finished it, and I'd be shocked if it ended up being rated anything but a 1/10 for difficulty, as it is extremely easy from a gameplay point of view...

...but man, is it a fantastic experience from start to finish!

A visual and auditory spectacle of the highest order, and a story that is really funny, silly, off-the-wall, unusual and oddly powerful - the whole thing is a psychedelic fandango of colour and magic, and a fantastic tribute to the transformative power of music, and the ability of spectacle and performance to elevate someone beyond their own insecurities.

An ironically-told game making an unironic point, and a sarcastically told story about actually quite sincere things!

Really, really worth playing!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, arrowdev said:

Since I last posted I have completed Donut County and God of War! The queen valkyrie was a lot of fun and took about 10 goes but I recommend playing her after all the other ones, as she is all their patterns combined to one. If you are struggling for a 1/10, I thoroughly enjoyed Donut County, fun and quirky. Only takes about 3 hours so doesn't overstay its welcome.

Nice work m'dude - that Valkyrie fight is no joke!

She's tough as a... well... as a Valkyrie I suppose! ? ?

• Like 2

Thx for the advice @KronicJinx_. I may give Wuppo a chance as i'm not really sure which 10/10 to play but i'm also looking for some Metroidvania or Roguelike for the Bingo Bonanza event.

And while i agree that Life is Strange (the original) is great and it feels like a Telltale game, it's not one :P It was created by Dotnod Entertainment :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for the advice @KronicJinx_. I may give Wuppo a chance as i'm not really sure which 10/10 to play but i'm also looking for some Metroidvania or Roguelike for the Bingo Bonanza event.

And while i agree that Life is Strange (the original) is great and it feels like a Telltale game, it's not one :P It was created by Dotnod Entertainment :)

Ah thank you, I'll make that a little more clear in my suggestions ?

• Like 1

1)  ???

2)  ???

3)  A Plague Tale: Innocence              :platinum:  1/6/22

4)  ???

5)  Assassin's Creed III: Remastered :platinum: 1/29/22

6)  ???

7)  ???

8)  ???

9)  ???

10) ???

AC 3 Remastered:   Came packaged with DLC for Origins.  When it worked right, this game was awesome, and I loved it.  And when things didn't work right, I was ready to break the controller.  This was the most ambivalent experience I've had with a game so far.  Everytime I sat in awe of this game and how cool it was, there was an equal reaction of WTF is this bullshit when my horse couldn't get over a 1 foot hill.  Or running away from a pack of enemies with a sliver of life about to make an open door and game decides, let's scale this clothesline post like an idiot repeatedly.  Or the bow and arrow mechanic being off.  Or hitting the counter button and it just decides to not work.  Or the optional (not for trophy hunters) naval missions of sink the ships this way.   So frustrating knowing what this game could have been given some more polish.

For a game with so much content, vision, and things to do....there was little use for any of it.  Seems like the whole point was to stockpile money for weapons, upgrading pouches, and the ship.  But once you can send your assassins on missions....you will make $$$ so much faster and easier than anything else.  And the only point of upgrading weapons seems to be to change their kill animations.  Everyone rags on Connor, and while he was a bit annoying at first, he seemed to be fine by the end of the game.  It was great at times, awful at times, and all in all, I'm glad it's over with  lol

Probably gonna play AC Liberation next as I heard it's much tighter than 3, and then can clear it from the system to make room for other games.  So may change plague tale to the 4 game since it's a 3.5 on powerpyx and use liberation as the 3 game if later in the year I am pressed for time.

• Like 4

274e.png  01/10 - The World of Nubla

274e.png  02/10 - Tomb Raider: Underworld

274e.png  03/10 - Unravel

2705.png  04/10 - Assassin's Creed: Unity

274e.png  05/10 - Resident Evil 2

274e.png  06/10 - Mass Effect

274e.png  07/10 - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

274e.png  08/10 - Shadow of The Colossus

274e.png  09/10 - Sonic Unleashed

274e.png  10/10 - Super Meat Boy

• Like 4