Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 01/01/2022 at 6:37 PM, Shinoda_2qx said:

Found out last week that I’m going to become a father in 2022 1f60a.png with that in mind, I’ve decided to keep my gaming spend down to a minimum, and focus more on my current backlog. Keeping with that, I have gone through my already started games, and created a list from there. 

1. Nightmares from the deep: the cursed heart

2. Tropico 5

3. Battlefield 5 / Uncharted Lost Legacy / GTA San Andreas 

4. Prince of Persia: the forgotten sands

5. COD Modern Warfare remastered / inFamous

6. Assassin Creed 3

7. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

8. MGS 2 / Medal of Honor: Warfighter 

9. Vanquish

10. Aliens vs Predator 

Might change a couple of titles over the year, not thrilled about doing the campaigns on AvP. 1f605.png 

Happy New Year everyone, all the best! 

So first month is down already. A couple of changes already. Due to the sudden threat of delisting to Nightmares from the Deep, I ended up platting the 1st and 2nd games sooner than intended, so that’s my 1/10 done. I also was really enjoying Astro’s Playroom, and finished that up today too, so that’s my 2/10 down. I’ve also recently been getting into Shift 2: Unleashed as a bit of a bed time ritual, so I may move that in to be my 8/10 if I decide to plat it. Nice to see everyone’s updates so far! 

1. Nightmares from the deep 1 and 2

2. Astro’s Playroom

• Like 4

Count me in for the event! ? Here's the games I'll be tackling:

1/10: Tales from the Borderlands - PlatPrices
2/10: QUBE 2 - PlatPrices
3/10: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - PSNProfiles
4/10: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - PSNProfiles
5/10: Ducati - 90th Anniversary - PSNProfiles
6/10: Bioshock Infinite - PSNProfiles
7/10: Hyper Light Drifter - PSNProfiles
8/10: WipEout Omega Collection - PSNProfiles
9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - PSNProfiles (However, I've already completed this game in January, so if that doesn't count then I'm willing to do the JPN version of Sonic Unleashed which is also a 9/10 difficulty game - PSNProfiles)
10/10: Trackmania Turbo - PlatPrices

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Count me in for the event! 1f60e.png Here's the games I'll be tackling:

1/10: Tales from the Borderlands - PlatPrices
2/10: QUBE 2 - PlatPrices
3/10: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - PSNProfiles
4/10: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - PSNProfiles
5/10: Ducati - 90th Anniversary - PSNProfiles
6/10: Bioshock Infinite - PSNProfiles
7/10: Hyper Light Drifter - PSNProfiles
8/10: WipEout Omega Collection - PSNProfiles
9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - PSNProfiles (However, I've already completed this game in January, so if that doesn't count then I'm willing to do the JPN version of Sonic Unleashed which is also a 9/10 difficulty game - PSNProfiles)
10/10: Trackmania Turbo - PlatPrices

Welcome :) Great list! And yeah, you can count Crash 4 as your 9. Any platinum earned in 2022 counts even if it was before you signed up.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, MartialLawful said:

Hello everyone first time chatter, long time lurker and I thought this would be a pretty fun challenge to get into.

This is my list
1/10 - Zero Time Dilemma
2/10 - Rime changed to Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
3/10 - Pyre
4/10 - Transistor
5/10 - Salt & Sanctuary
6/10 - Hades
7/10 - Bastion
8/10 - Cuphead
9/10 - La-Mulana
10/10 - Hollow Knight

I am hoping this challenge really kicks me into gear with playing some more challenging games I have been putting off for a long time.

January is over and unfortunately I only finished the first game on the list, but I am mostly done with Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars which replaced Rime for the 2/10 spot. In all honesty I wanted to have at least 3 games completed or near completion, but recently I have acquired an addiction to the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV so that has exponentially slowed down progress. With Voice of Cards nearing its end the next game on the list I wanna start however is Bastion which is the first of the Supergiant Games. See you all next month and hopefully FF14 won't be eating up so much of my free time now that I am nearing the end of the free trial's MSQ.

Edited by MartialLawful
Fix some spelling mistakes and clean up some discrepancies
  • Like 4

Update: 1 more completed, my 7/10 Demon’s souls ( what a game that is… ) gonna start Ratchet before Returnal but unfortunately I still don’t know about the rest of my list ( going to play Elden ring and Horizon but don’t know where they going to land )

1/10: 

2/10: Ratchet and Clank: rift apart (psn profiles) 

✔️ 3/10: Watch dogs: legion (psn profiles)

4/10: 

5/10: 

6/10: 

✔️ 7/10: Demon’s souls (psn profiles) 

✔️ 8:10: Mega Man 11 (psn profiles) 

9/10: Returnal (plat prices) 

10/10: 

Edited by totakos1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BELIEVEINTHENET said:

I've finished the challenge this year with Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! (8/10) and Street Fighter IV (10/10) as my final games needed for completion. Check my profile to see that I have indeed earned the Platinums. I started the challenge on December 31st (really January 1, but due to me being in Australia, the time zone on PSN Profiles is different, meaning the trophy timestamps show up a day early) and ended them today. Good luck to everyone else attempting the challenge this year!

List:

Telltale's The Walking Dead (1/10)
Persona 5 Royal (2/10)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (3/10)
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (4/10)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (5/10)
Blazblue: Chronophantasma (6/10)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (7/10)
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! (8/10)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (9/10)
Street Fighter IV (10/10)

Congratulations to BELIEVEINTHENET for being the first person to complete the challenge! Incredible work man! I've added your name, a link to your profile and a link to your highest difficulty game to the main post! Good job!!! ?

• Like 1

I've been very inactive about the plats but I earned one today!

1/10-Job Simulator

2/10-MediEvil

3/10-Katamari Damacy ReRoll

4/10-Deathloop

5/10-Dishonored Definitive Edition

:platinum: 6/10-Titanfall 2

7/10-Demon’s Souls

8/10-Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2

9/10-I Am Bread

10/10-Devil May Cry 5

One down, nine to go.

• Like 3

I wish i saw that thread a bit ealier, sounds like a lot of fun... 

Here's my list below, i already earned some platinums in 2022 which are crossed out. The other ones might change over the course but that's the plan as of today: 

1/10 The Wolf Among Us (PSNP)

2/10 Rocket League (PSNP)

3/10 NieR:Automata (PSNP)

4/10 Control: Ultimate Edition (PSNP)

5/10 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PSNP)

6/10 Bayonetta (PSNP)

7/10 Yakuza 0 (PSNP)

8/10 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 [PS5] (PSNP)

9/10 Vanquish (PSNP)

10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PSNP)

I already have the PS4 plat for Tony Hawk 1+2, i hope it's ok to autopop that on PS5 if possible. I haven't really found any 8/10 games i'm interested at the moment. I hope Elden Ring is difficult enough for maybe a 7 or 8. ?

Do i have to post the screenshots additionaly to my trophy card in the signature?

And yes, i already hate myself for choosing Wolfenstein. Good look to everyone and have fun. ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigE1286 said:

I wish i saw that thread a bit ealier, sounds like a lot of fun... 

Here's my list below, i already earned some platinums in 2022 which are crossed out. The other ones might change over the course but that's the plan as of today: 

1/10 The Wolf Among Us (PSNP)

2/10 Rocket League (PSNP)

3/10 NieR:Automata (PSNP)

4/10 Control: Ultimate Edition (PSNP)

5/10 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PSNP)

6/10 Bayonetta (PSNP)

7/10 Yakuza 0 (PSNP)

8/10 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 [PS5] (PSNP)

9/10 Vanquish (PSNP)

10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PSNP)

I already have the PS4 plat for Tony Hawk 1+2, i hope it's ok to autopop that on PS5 if possible. I haven't really found any 8/10 games i'm interested at the moment. I hope Elden Ring is difficult enough for maybe a 7 or 8. 1f601.png

Do i have to post the screenshots additionaly to my trophy card in the signature?

And yes, i already hate myself for choosing Wolfenstein. Good look to everyone and have fun. 1f609.png

Welcome and great list. Yes its counts to autopop the PS5 version of Tony Hawk. No screenshots needed, just a difficulty link like you already have :) If you're looking for more suggestions on 8s and 10s you can check PlatPrices. Ratings can come from any trophy website, not just PSNProfiles. Good luck :)

33 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome and great list. Yes its counts to autopop the PS5 version of Tony Hawk. No screenshots needed, just a difficulty link like you already have :) If you're looking for more suggestions on 8s and 10s you can check PlatPrices. Ratings can come from any trophy website, not just PSNProfiles. Good luck :)

Thanks for the suggestion, i will have a look especially for another 8. Autopop from a 2020 game isn't really what this challenge is supposed to be imo. 

• Like 1

1 - Undecided 

2 - Undecided 

3 - Sly Cooper Thieves in time (psnprofiles)

4 - Assassins Creed Unity (psnprofiles)

5 - Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of memories (psnprofiles) 

6 - kingdom hearts ps3 version (psnprofiles)

7 - Kena Bridge of Spirits (psnprofiles)

8 - Tony Hawk Pro Skated 1+2 (psnprofiles)

9 - SUPER MONKEY BALL BANANA SPLITZ Vita (PlayStation Trophies)

10 - doubtful there is any in this category I could plat, unless a chess game that requires you to be good comes out this year.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 11:30 PM, Kishnabe said:

1. Life Is Strange (PS3 version, linked PS4 Version)

2. Laser League

3.  Final Fantasy XV

4. inFamous 2

5. inFamous

6.  Mafia:DE 

7.  Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

8.  Tennis World Tour

9. Time Recoil

10.  Volgarr The Viking

Swapped Senran Kagura for Laser League

Swapped DQ Heroes 2 for Mafia DE.

Finished Mafia DE back in January. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Congratulations to BELIEVEINTHENET for being the first person to complete the challenge! Incredible work man! I've added your name, a link to your profile and a link to your highest difficulty game to the main post! Good job!!! 1f60e.png

Thank you! It's pretty cool to see my name on the main post! I'm still going for more Platinum trophies throughout the year as the challenge has motivated me to get as many Platinum trophies as possible. Good luck! :)

• Like 1