Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

21 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Good news! I am almost close to getting Real Platinum God in Binding of Isaac and the platinum trophy! I just need one more item to get 100% Items, the Super Bandage. That will be a pain as I haven't created a Super Bandage Girl yet. I usually get a Cube of Meat from Famine and when I do get a Ball of Bandages, the first Caves boss is not Pestilence. I got Famine and Pestilence once... and then got The Fallen on Depths 1. I may have to spam farm Book of Revelations, and even then, my journey might be stopped on Womb 1 because of the 50% chance of getting Conquest instead of Death. :(

But I'll get it, I swear. I'm probably going to make Binding of Isaac my 300th platinum. (Only nine more platinum trophies to go!)

Trick for this is going for victory runs, i got isaac repentance, so means u have to do all not just 20 challenges, which will make it take a little more time ^^

But if u can go for victory rund for bandage gril, got her allready in regular play ^^

3 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Trick for this is going for victory runs

As I said before, I am not doing anything but vanilla Rebirth so no victory laps. But thanks for the advice; I'll try to do some runs every evening and hope for the best. Unfortunately, since my save is on PS5, I can't play Isaac all the time as I have FFXIV to consider. <_<

Edited by winter_bird_22

20 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Finally got past the nightmare that is nightmare mode, I accidentally in a rage induced jump fit curb stomped my player 2 controller laying on the floor in my coop solo play, so yeah, this game cost me a controller and a foot. Sorry @PuRiZo-_- I couldn't wait with coop and I don't think my bad wifi is capable of shareplay anyway.

Also might change Splasher out with Doom II since I'm currently playing it with intention of finishing it and The Forgotten City with Webbed, but we'll see.

1/10 - Oxenfree

2/10 - The Forgotten City 

3/10 - Crosscode

4/10 - Bully

5/10 - Salt & Sanctuary

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Rain World

8/10 - :platinum: Doom (1993) (23/2)

9/10 - Splasher 

10/10 - :platinum: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (19/1)

Congratz on those high difficulty plats anyways bro :) 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, postofficebuddy said:

Try Doki Doki Literature Club for your 1. It tells a very interesting story. If I could make a suggestion for 10 try Jump King or Atari Flashback Classics volume 2. Both are pretty manageable if you abuse cloud saves. 

I have one of those on my wish-list, I will give the others a quick look and see if I can snag them on offer at some point during the year.

1/10 Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PlatPrices)

2/10 New Gundam Breaker (PST)

3/10 Dragon Quest Builders (PST)

4/10 Transistor (PSNP)

5/10 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PSNP)

6/10 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON (PSNP)

7/10 Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (PST)

8/10 Titan Souls (PST)

9/10 Nuclear Throne (PST)

10/10 Wuppo (PlatPrices)

Alright alright alrighttttt, that's another one down. Breaker turned out to be way more fun than I expected. I boosted the online trophies a few weeks ago while I was working on Builders since the online in Breaker is so comically dead you would stand exactly 0% chance of ever getting into a lobby with 5 other people in your region naturally. After I finished Builders I felt sort of burned out on playing games but with the line of upcoming games over the next month I knew I needed to really push for completing Breaker ASAP so I wouldn't start a day 1 project with any open games on my account. The game has very little to it; it's almost the exact same mission 60 times for the story mode and then it IS the exact same mission however many times for the parts grind, but man it was just a blast for me. I've said to my friends that I truly do not believe that the quality of the game explains the enjoyment I got from it, but I got that enjoyment all the same. I would personally dissent from the 2/10 rating but only to the extent of my thinking the game was probably a 3/10. Sometimes the game just decides that it wants the enemies to get in there and you get stunlocked into oblivion. That's less about difficulty and more about frustration, but I found myself unable to easily talk to people while playing the game for moments of actual effort I needed to put in sometimes. 

Anyway it's not on my list right now but I've already ordered my copy of Babylon's Fall which releases this coming Thursday so I'm going to be playing that next. I'd put it in the place of one of these games but I obviously don't know what to make of its difficulty yet. The trophy list looks a little too simple for me to believe it'll be at all difficult, but of course since I imagine it'll have a player base of like 200 people maybe it WILL prove quite challenging since it's an online game. 

@winter_bird_22 are you gonna do the PS3 or PS4 Re:CoM?

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 4

Not the game I expected to play as my 2/10 but I was in the mood for something that I could blitz through and so I just finished Goosebumps. It wasn't great but since I've really only recently started trophy hunting, it felt like something I had to do. 

1/10Oxenfree :platinum: (18/01)

2/10 - Goosebumps: The Game :platinum: (27/02)

3/10 - Horizon Zero Dawn

4/10 - Assassin's Creed: Revelations

5/10 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

6/10 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10 - A Pixel Story
9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - ?

• Like 4

Count me In guys, I already got an 8 & 10 Platinum Ranking this year but let's see what else we can add to the list;

This is my list and will update with the release of new games but those are on the top of my mind atm, definitely aiming for more than 10 this year so let's see how the list grows ?

01- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PST.org rating)

02-Ratchet and Clank: rift apart

03-Assassin's Creed Origins

04-Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Platinum Achieved)

05-Resident Evil 2

06-Sackboy: A Big Adventure

07-Kena: Bridge of Spirits

08-Dragon Ball FighterZ (Platinum Achieved)

09-Catherine

10-Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Platinum Achieved)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

I finished Vanquish. It definitely lives up to the difficulty hype.

1/10 - 

2/10 - Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (PSNP)

3/10 - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel (Metagame)

4/10 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PSNP)

5/10 - 

6/10 - Lone Survivor (PSNP)

7/10 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX (Metagame)

8/10 - 

9/10 - Skullgirls 2nd Encore (PST - Collected PS4 Trophy Difficulty Ratings)

10/10 - Vanquish (PST)

Congratulations! Your name, post and hardest game have been added to the Bronze trophy tier!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

Another month down, these are going quick! Another change, this time on my 3/10. Due to Tekken 7 coming off PS Now next month, I went back and finished that up. I’ve also made significant progress on my 7/10 Dead Nation. Forgot how much I enjoyed this game, it reminds me of Super Smash TV on the SNES growing up. Also (much to my physical regret) I’ve gone back to Creed VR. Not far off the plat for this, but can’t really find a guide anywhere. Best I can get is 62/100 difficulty on metagame guide, so I may use this as my 6/10. I sweated off 3lbs today, it’s now hurting just to hold my phone up 1f605.png 

Not sure how much I’ll get done in March, very busy month ahead. We find out if we are having a boy or a girl, and also getting married! Will look to at least get Dead Nation finished. Good luck for March everyone! 

1. Nightmares from the deep 1 and 2

2. Astro’s Playroom

3. Tekken 7 

Yeah I couldn't find anything for Creed VR except the metagame guide either, but that counts. Since its 62 you could count it as 6/10 or 7/10, up to you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Today I'm starting Wuppo. I have a little shy of two and a half weeks until Stranger of Paradise comes out but having been in communication with one of the guide writers I'm pretty confident I'll get it done in that time

Great pick, it is a good accessible 9/10 slash 10/10 and a fantastic, underrated gem! Only exceptionally tough challenge is the Boss Run: Impossible trophy. If you need any tips on the boss run mode, I have described my tactics during one of the tough sections in one of the Wuppo forums, otherwise just ask directly, I'm here to help ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Great pick, it is a good accessible 9/10 slash 10/10 and a fantastic, underrated gem! Only exceptionally tough challenge is the Boss Run: Impossible trophy. If you need any tips on the boss run mode, I have described my tactics during one of the tough sections in one of the Wuppo forums, otherwise just ask directly, I'm here to help 1f4aa.png

Yeah right on man thanks

Not a huge update but I’m officially choosing UMVC3 for my 10/10. Working my way through the combo challenges right now. 

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Red Dead Redemption 2 

6/10: Disgaea 3 (still extremely tentative) 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Dragon Ball FighterZ

9/10: Ultra Street Fighter 4

10/10: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

• Like 4

On 2/26/2022 at 9:03 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

@winter_bird_22 are you gonna do the PS3 or PS4 Re:CoM?

I am gonna change a few games up but if I do Re:Chain, it will be the remix version because I no longer have a PS3. (I tried buying one back but found out it was not worth the cost considering all of the games I usually played on it are now remastered for PS4 like Ni No Kuni.) If I do repurchase a PS3(which I will only do if there is any point to as I am not very fond of most of the PS3 lineup) I would try to go for the PS3 Ni No Kuni because there is a dupe glitch in the original Ni No Kuni involving death abuse which would let you get the 500,000 gilder trophy before you lefted Al Mamoon meaning you could fund your party up to never run out of MP. ;)