Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Good to see you again, Rebourne :) Here's my planned list:

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club +

2/10: Tales of Arise*

3/10: Adventures of Mana*

4/10: Itadaki Fortune Street DQ & FF 30th Anniversary (It's a region exclusive, it can be found in the Hong Kong tab on PlatPrices)

5/10: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age*

6/10: Dissidia NT 

7/10: Jurassic World Evolution 2

8/10: CoD Black Ops 3

9/10: Fall Guys

10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

*Rating found on PSNProfiles

The rest of the ratings are found on PlatPrices

Edited by TheCunchPuncher
Changed my mind on 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9

Crazy, I literally just heard about you on Gameranx and that you had all the trophies for all the Final Fantasy games.
Sounds awesome! I want to attempt this. Not sure how well I'll do tho, but I think this'll help me get my completion up as well. I'm going to try and go for at least bronze tier! 
All of the difficulties are taken from PSNProfiles.

1. I honestly have no idea. Assuming Tales From The Borderlands is a 1/10 difficulty, I could maybe play that? Or the new Life is Strange game if I base the difficulty off some other website, like platprices.

2. No Man's Sky

3. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

4. Injustice 2 or The Last of Us Remastered depending on which I want to go for first.

5. Star Wars: Battlefront II

6. Just Cause 3

7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

8. Outlast 2 or Black Ops 3 depending on which I want to go for first.

9. XCOM 2

10. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

• Like 1

Ok, since I have a little of time, let's do a tentative list for now..

1. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (or something else from Artifex Mundi..)
  2. Tales of Arise PS5
  3. Ghost of Tsushima PS4 | Dragon Quest XI
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider | Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5
  6. Kingdom Hearts II PS3 | Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories PS3
  7. Dirt 3 | Modnation Racers | Split/Seccond
  8. Wipeout Omega | Boodborne
  9. Gran Turismo Sport
  10. Street Fighter V
Ya, I wasn't really joking about having to put those annoying games from the start... On top of that IF I manage to get Golden League on SF5, I will want it to be my 300th plat, and that's still quite far away..

I dropped a few games because no difficulty rate available on PSNProfiles or because they were #2 difficulty, and Arise will be 100% my first PS5 plat, so, no point in putting more games on that number..
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Well, I'm not sure yet if I can do it this way, but here is my list. All based on PlatPrices difficulties.

As a special feature, every platinum is ultra rare!

1. Harvest Moon: A Wonderfull Life

Wow that's strange. Honestly this is not against you personal but I don't know how PlatPrices.com creates the difficulty they show. I was surprised to see a game with 1/10 difficulty being UR so i checked the links on PlatPrices and all two guides say 2/10 difficulty, community rating even ~ 4.5/10.

I have a discrepancy among my list too. EDF 4.1 gets 10/10 difficulty but the only rating it links is a community voting around 7/10. Am i missing an important point how PlatPrices calculates the difficulty? I'm honest it feels a bit cheap to say EDF is a 10/10 when i cannot find proof it is. I've played it and think the 7/10 is more appropriate but this is my only chance to get a 10/10 difficulty game if any :D

2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Wow that's strange. Honestly this is not against you personal but I don't know how PlatPrices.com creates the difficulty they show. I was surprised to see a game with 1/10 difficulty being UR so i checked the links on PlatPrices and all two guides say 2/10 difficulty, community rating even ~ 4.5/10.

I have a discrepancy among my list too. EDF 4.1 gets 10/10 difficulty but the only rating it links is a community voting around 7/10. Am i missing an important point how PlatPrices calculates the difficulty? I'm honest it feels a bit cheap to say EDF is a 10/10 when i cannot find proof it is. I've played it and think the 7/10 is more appropriate but this is my only chance to get a 10/10 difficulty game if any :D

When I search "harvest moon" it is the first entry. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition to be exact

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yeah man, after all the searching I've done I've concluded that it can be really hard to figure how how ratings come out to what they are too sometimes. EDF is a perfect example. Not really sure how their algorithm works. However, to keep things simple, if a site has the rating, it works. Anyone can count EDF as their 10 since PlatPrices has it there :)

6 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

When I search "harvest moon" it is the first entry. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition to be exact

I know and this was no question but thx anyway. I just don't understand why does the game gets a 1/10 difficulty even though no guide it links to shows a difficulty below 2/10

So I have a question regarding if someone went to chose a game that has a well known exploit or an ability that changes the difficulty rating based on if you use that?

For example, Hades is considered 7/10 difficulty when playing legitimate, but when you unable a God mode that doesn't turn off trophies, the difficulty goes down and it's somewhere around 4/10. So my question is are these games allowed in this challenge and if we were to chose those games, how does one prove that they did it without any benefits or exploits, unless the rule is that the game is gonna be considered automatically from the lower difficulty with those benefits?  

3 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

So I have a question regarding if someone went to chose a game that has a well known exploit or an ability that changes the difficulty rating based on if you use that?

For example, Hades is considered 7/10 difficulty when playing legitimate, but when you unable a God mode that doesn't turn off trophies, the difficulty goes down and it's somewhere around 4/10. So my question is are these games allowed in this challenge and if we were to chose those games, how does one prove that they did it without any benefits or exploits, unless the rule is that the game is gonna be considered automatically from the lower difficulty with those benefits?  

Since there's no way to prove or disprove that someone used glitches or exploits then anything goes. If someone wants to use in game cheats on Hades or Control, use the invincibility glitch on Hollow Knight, or got Infallible on Fall Guys back when it was glitchable...that's up to them. Hacking or other cheating that can be determined through timestamps will of course be removed and not count, but glitches and exploits that are, for better or worse, completely undetectable, will be counted. I'll put a note about this in the original post, thank you.

Literally just finished a platinum difficulty challenge last week.

Gonna try to do it again.

Here's my list (difficulty taken from PSNP, Platprices, Playstation Trophies

Game list could be changed near the end.

1/10: Life is Strange

2/10: Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter

3/10: Far Cry 4

4/10: Outer Worlds

5/10: Resident Evil 2

6/10: FF7R

7/10: Yakuza 0

8/10: Cuphead

9/10: DMC 5

10/10: Fall Guys

Edited by kevinlord190

3 hours ago, N1ghTmaN227 said:

Crazy, I literally just heard about you on Gameranx and that you had all the trophies for all the Final Fantasy games.
Sounds awesome! I want to attempt this. Not sure how well I'll do tho, but I think this'll help me get my completion up as well. I'm going to try and go for at least bronze tier! 
All of the difficulties are taken from PSNProfiles.

1. I honestly have no idea. Assuming Tales From The Borderlands is a 1/10 difficulty, I could maybe play that? Or the new Life is Strange game if I base the difficulty off some other website, like platprices.

2. No Man's Sky

3. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

4. Injustice 2 or The Last of Us Remastered depending on which I want to go for first.

5. Star Wars: Battlefront II

6. Just Cause 3

7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

8. Outlast 2 or Black Ops 3 depending on which I want to go for first.

9. XCOM 2

10. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Thanks bro! Yep that's me :) Good luck! I see lots of people going for Fall Guys, I wonder if you'll be competing against each other for Infallible at any point ? I hope not. Good luck!

• Like 1

Ok, I've gotten home and looked through my backlog/outstanding games and here is what I will plan to target in 2022:

1/10 - Energy Cycle
2/10 - Bugsnax
3/10 - inFamous Second Son
4/10 - Alien: Isolation
5/10 - Driveclub VR
6/10 - Dark Souls II
7/10 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
8/10 - Dark Souls Remastered
9/10 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
10/10 - Super Meat Boy

Energy Cycle was the only 1/10 game in my backlog so I guess that is the winner. Planning on playing through the Soulsbourne series this winter so those slide in nicely. Driveclub VR, Injustice and SMB are lingering incompletes on my profile that I will aim to finish in 2022. Call of Duty was one of the first two PS3 games I bought and is still in the shrink wrap....guess I'll bust that open for the event. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the lineup I have. Look forward to finishing!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 3

Just now, yuber1234 said:

Do we have to declare the games upfront, or can we post them as we complete them?

Either way. You don't have to declare them beforehand. I'd recommend coming up with a list to give yourself a plan but whether you decide to post it here or not is up to you. You can change games any time too so posting a list doesn't lock you into anything. It's mostly to show you've thought the challenge through and also helps give others ideas for games.

• Like 1

Looks like fun, I want to join as well! Here’s my list, subject to change.

1/10: Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation

2/10: Persona 5 Royal

3/10: Azur Lane: Crosswave

4/10: Borderlands 2

5/10: Star Ocean 4

6/10: Tales of Zestiria

7/10: Yakuza 0

8/10: Jotun

9/10: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

10/10: Devil May Cry 5

• Like 3

What a coincidence, I was planning on doing a 1-10 platinum challenge once I hit 40 platinum trophies. Currently on 37 at the time of posting! Please note some games may be subject to change as nothing has been chiselled into stone, regardless here's my list.

1/10: Walking Dead (GOTY Edition) 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon HD 

3/10: Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner 

4/10: Infamous First Light

5/10: Resident Evil 2 Remake

6/10: Wolfenstein The New Order

7/10: Crash Bandicoot 1 HD

8/10: Devil May Cry 1 HD

9/10: Dead Space 2

10/10: Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

All ratings were taken from PSNProfiles. Not sure about some of the games on this list since I don't own most of them. I probably won't start this until Feb/March but I'll throw myself in for consideration ^^

• Like 3

I fancy giving this a shot, it'll be nice to actually have a plan as to what games to tackle from the backlog next year for a change.

Preliminary list:

1. Life is Strange: True Colours

2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

3. Assassin's Creed: Origins

4. Prey

5. Mass Effect: Andromeda

6. Rez Infinite

7. Yakuza Kiwami

8. Dragon Age: Inquisition

9. The Evil Within

10. Volgarr the Viking

All ratings from PSNProfiles except 1 and 10, both from PlatPrices.

List is assuming that LiS will be in a sale at some point in the next 12 months, not particularly keen to drop 50 notes on an 8 hour game.

• Like 3