Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 5/1/2022 at 9:15 PM, Briste said:

Got two more difficulty levels finished off with Team Sonic Racing as a 4/10 (which is too low in my opinion but whatever lol) The other game is Langrisser I & II which comes in with a rating of 3/10. There's no rating here or on playstationtrophies but I did find a rating here and here and both have it as a 3/10 so that's what I'm rolling with. While I enjoyed both of them, I don't think anyone needs to go sprinting to the store to pick either of them up.

1/10 - 
2/10 - The Forgotten City
3/10 - Langrisser I & II
4/10 - Team Sonic Racing
5/10 - 
6/10 - 
7/10 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
8/10 - 

9/10 - 
10/10 - 

I don't agree with the Team Sonic Racing difficulty rating either. Even as a more persistent gamer who doesn't give up easily, I felt it was way too hard to warrant a 4 out of 10. A couple of those Ring challenges and Target challenges kept me busy for a solid hour or two each.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, Briste said:

Got two more difficulty levels finished off with Team Sonic Racing as a 4/10 (which is too low in my opinion but whatever lol) The other game is Langrisser I & II which comes in with a rating of 3/10. There's no rating here or on playstationtrophies but I did find a rating here and here and both have it as a 3/10 so that's what I'm rolling with. While I enjoyed both of them, I don't think anyone needs to go sprinting to the store to pick either of them up.

1/10 - 
2/10 - The Forgotten City
3/10 - Langrisser I & II
4/10 - Team Sonic Racing
5/10 - 
6/10 - 
7/10 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
8/10 - 

9/10 - 
10/10 - 

Hey there Briste. You are welcome to change Sonic Team Racing to a 6/10 based on this rating if you want to. Up to you.

3 hours ago, Esca said:

Update : 

1/10 : 

2/10 : 

3/10 : Among Us  2705.png

4/10 : DmC Devil May Cry

5/10 : Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA2705.png

6/10 : Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD 2705.png

7/10 : Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 2705.png 

8/10 : Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition 2705.png

9/10 : Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz 2705.png

10/10 :  Deadbolt 2705.png 

Deadbolt : I really though his platinum difficulty was somewhere between 9 (psnp) and 10 (platprice) but honestly the speedrun trophy (sub 1h) was not too bad and the no death run either, Banana Splitz remain 100x harder than him, at least i find my 10 1f605.png.

Congrats on hitting Bronze tier!

4 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

SUPER MEAT BOY IS DONE! Proudest Platinum to date, and perfect for my 100th Platinum :D

7/10 games now complete! 

Z3EmiaU.png

274e.png 1/10: The Wolf Among Us

2705.png 2/10: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

274e.png 3/10: Apotheon

274e.png 4/10: Sundered

2705.png 5/10: Rocksmith 2014 

2705.png 6/10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)

2705.png 7/10: Death's Gambit

2705.png 8/10: Furi

2705.png 9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5)

2705.png 10/10: Super Meat Boy

Congratulations on Bronze tier and that epic Super Meat Boy platinum!

• Like 1

Updated list:

1. My Name is Mayo (1.23.22)

2. Friday the 13th (2.20.22)

3. Biomutant (1.27.22)

4. The Last of Us

5. Resident Evil

6. Kingdom Hearts (5.5.22)

7. BloodBorne

8. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (or Cuphead)

9. Dead Space 2

10. Devil May Cry 5

After 9 years and having years of hiatus inbetween from playing other games finally getting to platinum Kingdom Hearts was a great experience. Proud mode while challenging at first didn't become too difficult by the end. Playing through again reminded me of how much of an amazing game it was during my childhood and still is to me. Donald still doesn't heal. Will be working on The Last of Us and Devil May Cry 5.

• Like 3

The Wolf Among Us is done; that's 8 down, 2 to go!

qjk0va9a6ay81.png

2705.png 1/10: The Wolf Among Us

2705.png 2/10: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

274e.png 3/10: Apotheon

274e.png 4/10: Sundered

2705.png 5/10: Rocksmith 2014 

2705.png 6/10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)

2705.png 7/10: Death's Gambit

2705.png 8/10: Furi

2705.png 9/10: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5)

2705.png 10/10: Super Meat Boy

• Like 4

On 06/05/2022 at 3:34 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Btw I figured I’d answer before anyone asks, yes you can still count Sifu as a 7/10 even with the new update that adds difficulty modes. 

Can i use it as a Joker ? I got the platinum "day one" (8th February 2022) and can't find a 2/10 i could like (Powerpyx downgraded him to 3... ? ), it would be good if i could put him in the 2/10 category honestly.

WARNING: Might have to bow out, as I have spent a month playing Pokemon Ultra Moon crafting a living Pokdex of all the Pokemon you find in Alola and working on a Professor Oak challenge in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and just bought Pokemon Omega Ruby as the price of Pokemon games is going up up up instead of getting discounts. (The only retail store which has Pokemon Soul Silver is selling it for $200! :o) But I know this event is going to go on to the end of 2022, so this is just a warning for now. If I get too distracted and the months slip away, I might have to leave this challenge but let's hope it's not coming to that.

(Also, I may be moving shop this autumn as my dad is getting approval to set up a smaller shack-house for me in the backyard of his place so I might be moving house in a few months; if the approval happens I may be spending my summer helping him set up the house so less time for gaming.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Esca said:

Can i use it as a Joker ? I got the platinum "day one" (8th February 2022) and can't find a 2/10 i could like (Powerpyx downgraded him to 3... 1f613.png ), it would be good if i could put him in the 2/10 category honestly.

This is a good question, thank you. I've never considered the idea of a joker before. I don't think it would be a good idea though, because I think it's important to the challenge to do each of the different difficulty levels, even the lower ones. I'd say if you don't have a 2/10 yet you'd need to do a 2/10. If you're having trouble finding a 2/10 you can look here on PlatPrices or check the lists of others and see if anything intrigues you. Also keep in mind that you can round up or down for any rating that is from a community poll. So anything 1.1 through 2.99 can count as a 2. Hopefully that helps.

Congratulations to @Warpedsavior on Bronze and @coldhardcrash_ on Silver!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

Now that it's been out long enough I can update correctly.

1/10 - Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue :platinum:

2/10 - Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R :platinum:

3/10 - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age :platinum:

4/10 - Control :platinum:

5/10 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered :platinum:

6/10 -

7/10 - Elden Ring :platinum:

8/10 -

9/10 - 

10/10 - Fall Guys :platinum:

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 2

I just discovered this challenge and it looks pretty fun and interesting. I'd like to throw my hat in the rink. I've earned some platinums already in 2022, so I'll throw them on my list to start and work from there.

1)

2) Chicken Police

3) Final Fantasy VII (not remake)

4) GTA 3 Definitive Edition ps4

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

I've apparently earned multiple "4's" so that slows me down a bit lol. I got a question though. What if you did a game that doesn't have a walkthrough anywhere or any difficulty ratings, like Meme Run 2, which is probably a 1 or 2? Also, can you cite xbox websites if it's the same achievement list? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

I just discovered this challenge and it looks pretty fun and interesting. I'd like to throw my hat in the rink. I've earned some platinums already in 2022, so I'll throw them on my list to start and work from there.

1)

2) Chicken Police

3) Final Fantasy VII (not remake)

4) GTA 3 Definitive Edition ps4

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

I've apparently earned multiple "4's" so that slows me down a bit lol. I got a question though. What if you did a game that doesn't have a walkthrough anywhere or any difficulty ratings, like Meme Run 2, which is probably a 1 or 2? Also, can you cite xbox websites if it's the same achievement list? 

If it doesn’t have a rating anywhere at all it can’t be counted cause then it’s just up to personal ratings. And yeah if the achievements are the same as the trophies Xbox ratings can count. Welcome to the challenge! 

Edited by Rebourne07

Whew, been a while since I last posted here xD 

List 1

List 2

1/10

2/10

3/10

4/10 - Batman Arkham Knight

5/10 - Yakuza 4 Remastered

6/10 - Sinner Sacrifice for Redemption

7/10

8/10 - Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

9/10

10/10

Batman Arkham Knight - ok so yep this definitely feels like a 4/10 for the platinum only, the main game is one of the easiest out there. 

Too bad I can't count the DLC as well, that would have put the game in a completely different bracket xD 

• Like 4