Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 2021-12-02 at 8:51 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Telltale games are often 1/10 and my personal favorite 1/10 is Donut County. I think at some point I'll make a suggestions list of 1/10 and 10/10 games since a lot of people have questions and concerns about them.

A Telltale quality game is exactly what I’m looking for, but I think I’ve got most of the main Telltale games already.

That’s a great idea by the way, I think it would be really helpful to have a resource like that which lists games by difficulty rating so people could put together a list easily. Or even just a small handful of suggestions/examples for each tier. 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

A Telltale quality game is exactly what I’m looking for, but I think I’ve got most of the main Telltale games already.

That’s a great idea by the way, I think it would be really helpful to have a resource like that which lists games by difficulty rating so people could put together a list easily. Or even just a small handful of suggestions/examples for each tier. 

I’ll make a special resource for quality easy games and every 10/10 I can find. Everything in between can be easily searched on www.PlatPrices.com :)

I'd like to sign up with the following list:

1/10 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS5 EU)

2/10 - Virginia

3/10 - Carrion

4/10 - Alien Isolation

5/10 - Assassin's Creed Black Flag (PS4)

6/10 - Need For Speed Most Wanted (vita)

7/10 - Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War (PS4)

8/10 - Cuphead

9/10 - The Evil Within (PS4)

10/10 - Wolfenstien II: The New Colossus

• Like 1

On 02/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, N1ghTmaN227 said:

Crazy, I literally just heard about you on Gameranx and that you had all the trophies for all the Final Fantasy games.
Sounds awesome! I want to attempt this. Not sure how well I'll do tho, but I think this'll help me get my completion up as well. I'm going to try and go for at least bronze tier! 
All of the difficulties are taken from PSNProfiles.

1. I honestly have no idea. Assuming Tales From The Borderlands is a 1/10 difficulty, I could maybe play that? Or the new Life is Strange game if I base the difficulty off some other website, like platprices.

2. No Man's Sky

3. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

4. Injustice 2 or The Last of Us Remastered depending on which I want to go for first.

5. Star Wars: Battlefront II

6. Just Cause 3

7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

8. Outlast 2 or Black Ops 3 depending on which I want to go for first.

9. XCOM 2

10. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

If you want a partner for BO3 Zombies and Realism stuff I’ll be around :)

Good luck to everyone going for Fall Guys. Even using Squads mode Infallible is still a ridiculously hard trophy. And if you’re just starting to play now, for the event, just winning for the related trophies could prove difficult.

Fingers crossed its rarity doesn’t increase too much 

• Like 1

I can't wait to participate next year! I've spoken with OP a bit on r/trophies, so I'm excited to make a list of games that each have different difficulty levels to try and complete the challenge in the new year. I'm mainly on PS3 because I have lots more games for the system. Do I need to already have a list of games in this post (or any future posts) or can I just post a game whenever I finish it without saying what it is beforehand? I've thought of going for Street Fighter IV (9/10 on Playstation Trophies) and The Amazing Spider-Man (3/10 on the user-rated Platinum difficulty rating also on Playstation Trophies). I'll think of more games to Platinum soon and I hope everybody has fun completing this challenge!

Edited by BELIEVEINTHENET
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, BELIEVEINTHENET said:

I can't wait to participate next year! I've spoken with OP a bit on r/trophies, so I'm excited to make a list of games that each have different difficulty levels to try and complete the challenge in the new year. I'm mainly on PS3 because I have lots more games for the system. Do I need to already have a list of games in this post (or any future posts) or can I just post a game whenever I finish it without saying what it is beforehand? I've thought of going for Street Fighter IV (9/10 on Playstation Trophies) and The Amazing Spider-Man (3/10 on the user-rated Platinum difficulty rating also on Playstation Trophies). I'll think of more games to Platinum soon and I hope everybody has fun completing this challenge!

Sup man! You can post a list beforehand or just post as you complete them. However you want us fine. If you do post a list, it still doesn’t lock you into that. You can change games anytime. Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 06/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Sup man! You can post a list beforehand or just post as you complete them. However you want us fine. If you do post a list, it still doesn’t lock you into that. You can change games anytime. Good luck! 

Awesome! Thank you very much for clearing it up! I'm a few seconds away from getting the Assassin's Creed 2 Platinum, so I'll try to get the ones for Brotherhood and Revelations in the new year. Best of luck to you, too :)

Edit: I've decided on Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing as my 4/10, Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma as my 6/10 and I've decided not to go for Street Fighter IV now since I don't think I can be bothered to play it to completion due to me platting Super Street Fighter IV last month lol.

• Like 1

I'd like to sign up, please. My tentative list is below and based on the ratings from PlatPrices. Naturally, the titles might change with time. 

1. The Wolf Among Us
  2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  4. Bioshock Remastered
  5. Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition
  6. Alien: Isolation
  7. Yakuza 0
  8. Cuphead
  9. The Evil Within (PS4)
  10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 

• Like 3

Usually don't have much time to complete more difficult games but let's give it a go! So after a quick search in my library, here's my tentative list:

1 - Oxenfree (psnp) 
2 - Last of Us 2 (powerpyx)
3 - Far Cry 3 Classic Edition (psnp) 
4 - Blacksad (psnp)
5 - The Sinking City (pstrophies) 
6 - Resident Evil 2 Remake (powerpyx) 
7 - Demon's Souls (psnp) 
8 - Returnal (pstrophies) 
9 - The Witness (pstrophies) 
10 - Hollow Knight (pstrophies) 

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey, I don't tend to tailor my play to specifics, so my list might change up a bit, but I reckon I might have a go at this one!

My preliminary list (just from stuff I own already, but haven't finished/ started):

1/10 - Life Is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered* (Platprices)

2/10 - Lost Grimoires 3: The Forgotton Well (Platprices)

3/10 - Moons of Madness (Platprices)

4/10 - Control** (Platprices)

5/10 - FFVII R Intergrade** (Platprices)

6/10 - Moonlighter (Platprices)

7/10 - Hyperlight Drifter (Platprices)

8/10 - Stardew Valley (Platprices)

9/10 - Hollow Knight (Platprices)

10/10 - Tetris Effect (Platprices)

*This one isn't out yet, but I'm due it because I bought the Special Edition of True Colours, and I'm assuming that the remaster will be a 1/10 difficultly in line with this referenced version

** These two I have already played PS4 version of (and S-Ranked), but have every intention of replaying (without any auto-popping nonsense,) so not sure if they count? Not really worried if they don't though, as I'm sure I'll play plenty of games in those difficulties anyways - those are just the first ones that come to mind!

Your list looks great! And yes the PS5 stacks of Control and Final Fantasy VII Remake count. You can auto pop VII Remake and that'd count too but it sounds like you don’t want to and that’s cool too :) Control can’t be auto popped regardless cause of no save transfer, but god mode is super fun if you wanna go that route ? Good luck!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Your list looks great! And yes the PS5 stacks of Control and Final Fantasy VII Remake count. You can auto pop VII Remake and that'd count too but it sounds like you don’t want to and that’s cool too :) Control can’t be auto popped regardless cause of no save transfer, but god mode is super fun if you wanna go that route 1f602.png Good luck!  

Cheers - to be honest, I expect the majority of that list to probably change, as I tend to be pretty random in my game choices, so I'd expect that I'll just end up playing stuff at random, then back-checking what the difficulty was and swapping it out... but these are ones I at least know I have some intention of playing in the next year! ?

• Like 1

I’m currently working towards making Elden Ring :platinum:#300 and since I’m getting through games quicker than thought I’m changing what I play and when so I’m going to replace The Crew 2 with Cat Quest 2.

1/10 - Root Letter

2/10 - Cat Quest 2

3/10 - Torment: Tides Of Numenera

4/10 - Tales Of Berseria

5/10 - Bound By Flame

6/10 - Remnant: From The Ashes

7/10 - Mortal Shell (PS5)

8/10 - Outlast 2

9/10 - Divinity: Original Sin

10/10 - Hollow Knight

• Like 3

I'm pretty much done with Blazblue: Chronophantasma (6/10) aside from 2 easy, miscellaneous trophies and I've made some good progress on Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (4/10) so my plan is to get both Platinum trophies on the 1st of January to get a bit of a headstart. I started Persona 5 Royal as my 2/10 yesterday and I'm hoping to Platinum that on the 1st of January as well for 3 Platinums in one day! I've also decided on Sonic Generations as my 5/10.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I need a better entry for 1/10... 1f602.png But I couldn't come up with anything better for now... 

Given that you told me you didn't care for Oxenfree that much I don't know if this is helpful, but Firewatch has very solid reviews.  Alternatively Boggle is a fun game IRL and this game has Ultra Rares.  The trophies don't seem hard just really really time consuming.  I'd even do the online with you.  ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You beautiful, crazy bastard you 1f62e.png

From what I know of this game, you might want to start sacrificing virgins to RNJesus right now! 1f602.png

Yeah I'm not yet sure if I want to buy that game ? I would usually never consider it, but I really can't think of any 1/10 games that I want to play in general... we'll see, maybe I'll get some inspiration from other lists around here. 

3 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

Given that you told me you didn't care for Oxenfree that much I don't know if this is helpful, but Firewatch has very solid reviews.  Alternatively Boggle is a fun game IRL and this game has Ultra Rares.  The trophies don't seem hard just really really time consuming.  I'd even do the online with you.  1f602.png

You know that I don't care for plats but this event requrires the games to have a plat to be eligible... ? Still, thanks for the suggestions! 

• Like 1