Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

I decided to revise the list since I know that half of the year is over so I won't have much time to do a lot of grinding thanks to doing two other events(Gaming by Numbers 2022 and the Fall Backlog Challenge 2022 which I need to revise too) so I decided on only doing up to Difficulty 7(mainly because all of the 8-10 difficulty ones would take too long for me):

1/10: Donut County
2/10: Ape Escape
3/10: Wild Arms
4/10: SaGa Frontier Remastered
5/10: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
6/10: Dragon Quest Heroes II
7/10: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Will probably do [1] first because I found out that i have one platinum short of 35 platinums after my next two games. :(

EDIT: Just completed Donut County for the first of my list. (I was tempted to do Mugen Souls since it's a 9/10 but I don't feel like streaming a game I will never finish. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, be_minor said:

I platted Gris, Word Sudoku, and TLOU Remastered to finally complete my first Platinum Difficulty Challenge! My gaming goals don't align with completing another list this year, but fingers crossed this event continues indefinitely. Thanks for hosting the challenge @Rebourne07, I sincerely appreciate all the effort you've put into it. 

:platinum: 1/10 - Word Sudoku by POWGI (PlatPrices)  

:platinum: 2/10 - Gris (PSNP

:platinum: 3/10 - Horizon Forbidden West (PSNP

:platinum: 4/10 - Dragon Age II (PSNP

:platinum: 5/10 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PSNP

:platinum: 6/10 - The Last Of Us Remastered (PlatPrices)  

:platinum: 7/10 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (PlatPrices

:platinum: 8/10 - Bloodborne (PSNP

:platinum: 9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices

:platinum: 10/10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PSTrophies

Great job! Congratulations on completing the challenge!!! I added your name and post link to the Leaderboards :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Anyone know of a 1/10 game to plat that you consider a masterpiece? My initial plan is to go for Oxenfree, but I wanna keep options open in case I stumble upon something special.

Donut County, best 1/10 game out there imo

• Like 1

Getting back in to this and hopefully get it completed by the end of the year. Once my PS5 is back with me next week I'll be going full throttle to get it completed. Updated list below.(missing a few as I'm not sure what games to go for yet for 6-9)

1/10 - Santa's Workshop (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (06/01/2022)

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (10/01/2022)

3/10 - Road Rage (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (15/01/2022)

4/10 - Rainbows, toilets & unicorns (PSNProfiles) :platinum: - (19/01/2022)

5/10 - Bone Marrow PS4 and PS5 (PlatPrices)

6/10 - 

7/10 - 

8/10 - 

9/10 - 

10/10 - Fall Guys (PSNProfiles)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Anyone know of a 1/10 game to plat that you consider a masterpiece? My initial plan is to go for Oxenfree, but I wanna keep options open in case I stumble upon something special.

These are rated 1/10 on this site:

Doki Doki Literature Club+

Unpacking

The Artful Escape

...and are among the best games I've played this year.

I'd also say The Longest Road on Earth is worth a look - I don't see any site giving it a difficulty rating yet, but it will be a guaranteed 1/10 for any site that does, and is also a fantastic experience.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

These are rated 1/10 on this site:

Doki Doki Literature Club+

Unpacking

The Artful Escape

...and are among the best games I've played this year.

I'd also say The Longest Road on Earth is worth a look - I don't see any site giving it a difficulty rating yet, but it will be a guaranteed 1/10 for any site that does, and is also a fantastic experience.

Holy hell, how could I forget The Artful Escape, it's been on my radar for a while and god knows I could use a chill game to ease my nerves with after I'm done with nightmare mode in Doom 2.

Edited by Kramers001
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Holy hell, how could I forget The Artful Escape, it's been on my radar for a while and god knows I could use a chill game to ease my nerves with after I'm done with nightmare mode in Doom 2.

It's wonderful! 

A great choice, that I'm certain you won't regret!

• Like 1

Second list update: 

1. NO IDEA

2. The Artful Escape (psnprofiles, playstationtrophies) DONE!  (11th Aug 2022)

L738464.png

3. Wattam (psnprofiles) DONE! (23rd Jun 2022)

Lde3b77.png

4. Metro Exodus (powerpyx, playstationtrophies) DONE! (28th Jun 2022)

La6236e.png

5. Code Vein (psnprofiles) DONE! (3rd Feb 2022)

L332a6a.png

6. NO IDEA

7. Blasphemous (psnprofiles) DONE! (24th Feb 2022)

Lb4f0cc.png

8. NO IDEA

9. NO IDEA

10. Fall Guys (psnprofiles, playstationtrophies) DONE! (21st Jun 2022)

L60d3a4.png

On 10/8/2022 at 0:47 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Congratulations @BlitzkriegHottie on Platinum tier!

Love the platinum screenshots! I think that's my favorite final update post of the whole thread so far. Your Nioh 2 platinum screenshot is priceless 1f602.png

Thanks! I love plat screenshotting,hopefully more will be encouraged to post their screenshots. I'm saving the second list's screenshots for the final update, tho. Although nothing is topping that Nioh 2 screenshot lol.

14 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Holy hell, how could I forget The Artful Escape, it's been on my radar for a while... 

Sadly it's a 2, not a 1. I got it past week and wanted to include it as my 1 but after googling several sites they all seem to agree that it is too hard for a 1 despite being as easy as a Telltale plat, with only 1/3 the duration. Ridiculous. In fact, platprices considers it a 3! WTF?

Just like you I also struggle to find appealing 1's. Like the guy above said, Doki Doki Literature Club is a great indie so if you haven't played that one, go for it. I already played it on PC (free over there) so I don't feel like buying it just for the trophies. Although I might do it just to support Salvato. Oh and if you play this get ready to get the biggest, catchiest of all earworms, lol.

As for me: Life is Strange, Oxenfree (good), Donut County (good), The Wolf Amongus, Tales From the Borderlands, The Walking Dead (good), GoT and Batman Telltale are all done and I'm sick of Telltale despite loving TWD1 so no more TellTale for me so I guess my only choice is to Ratalaika my ass. At least those are over quick.

OH RIGHT you can try Telling Lies, I used that one for my first list, it's a good bizarre "game" (very little gameplay). Just a heads up, you need to be good at Solitaire for one trophy, lol. There's a reason why TL is only in the 60's despite being a 1. Luckily I'm good at Solitaire so I blitzed through it.

On 18/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

The Artful Escape

It's a 2 (or even a 3) everywhere, sadly (platprices, psnprofiles, playstationtrophies, platget, xboxachievements). So many cases of obvious 1's that for some reason are given 2's or even 3's. Don't be surprised if Longest Road also gets only 2's and 3's. Those shitty, cheap big tits anime pachinko / poker / solitaire games you always see on sale for like 2 dollars are also obvious 1's, but yup, nothing but 2's. Ratalaika owns the 1's monopoly it seems.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

a 2 (or even a 3) everywhere, sadly (platprices, psnprofiles, playstationtrophies, platget, xboxachievements). So many cases of obvious 1's that for some reason are given 2's or even 3's. Don't be surprised if Longest Road also gets only 2's and 3's. Those shitty, cheap big tits anime pachinko / poker / solitaire games you always see on sale for like 2 dollars are also obvious 1's, but yup, nothing but 2's. Ratalaika owns the 1's monopoly it seems.

Oh - apologies, I could have sworn I saw that one as a 1/10! ?

Weird - my bad!

In that case, I'd definitely recommend Doki Doki or Telling Lies - both great IMO.

With The Longest Road on Earth though, there's simply no world in which it could ever get more than a 1/10. The game is excellent, but only the length of a music album, and it's literally impossible to finish it without the platinum. ?

That said... there's some good Ratalaika's out there, so perfectly worth looking in that direction for anyone having a rough time finding a 1/10. ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Sadly it's a 2, not a 1. I got it past week and wanted to include it as my 1 but after googling several sites they all seem to agree that it is too hard for a 1 despite being as easy as a Telltale plat, with only 1/3 the duration. Ridiculous. In fact, platprices considers it a 3! WTF?

I found a site that rates it a 1/10, check it out.

https://stevivor.com/guides/artful-escape-achievement-guide-roadmap/

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Did I get added? If not, I understand. I submitted a list.

Hey there. You are only added to the Leaderboards after you complete 7+ games. You're entered automatically just by posting so you're good to go :) Good pick on Donut County, best 1/10 imo. 

Also, you can do the games you listed if you want, but also any game that you platinum'd in the year 2022 counts, which in your case is all of your platinums lol. So if you want to be further along just look at your games and see what ratings you can cross off from the beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kramers001 said:

I found a site that rates it a 1/10, check it out.

https://stevivor.com/guides/artful-escape-achievement-guide-roadmap/

Excellent. Never heard of that site before but since Rebourne liked your comment then it's good to go. 

I'll definitely put TAE as my 1 on my next update, thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 2

I realised I've almost completed this, so I might as well go for it. Every difficulty is from PSNProfiles unless stated otherwise. So far I've got these:

1/10 - Burly Men At Sea

2/10 - Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

3/10 - Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

4/10 - Control

5/10 - BioShock 2 Remastered

6/10 -

7/10 - Terraria (PlatPrices)

8/10 - Deep Rock Galactic

9/10 -

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

For 6 I might do either BioShock Infinite or Just Cause 3. For 9 I'll probably do I am Bread.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2022 at 9:24 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there. You are only added to the Leaderboards after you complete 7+ games. You're entered automatically just by posting so you're good to go

I wasn't asking about the leaderboards, I was asking about joining in, so thanks for the response and wish me luck. Dragon Quest Heroes II is going to be my biggest roadblock as I don't understand how to play the game... and I finished the original Dragon Quest Heroes easily!

• Like 1

Congratulations to @Glorious Fury on Platinum tier and completing the challenge!!! Good job on Street Fighter V, that one is a beast! Also, pretty sure Plat Prices sets its difficulty based on initial values when the game first comes out then as exploits are found other sites lower their ratings but PlatPrices never changes once set.

Also congratulations to @disaster500 on Silver tier! 

• Like 1

Aaaaand it looks like Splasher is being replaced too on the 9/10 spot now.

I finally managed to get through the dreaded Nightmare coop mode in Doom II and I gotta say: if Doom 1's nightmare mode was bs, Doom II was bs with extra farts on top.

The amount of star aligning luck to get through most of the levels is bonkers insane and the infamous level 29 was the worst of them all, had to buy a new player 2 controller (if anyone recalls I broke my other one (by accident) doing the nightmare run in Doom 1) just to change up tactics on that level and even then it almost made zero to no difference at all.

Glad this one is over... Gonna play some Hades to relax myself after this.

1/10 - Oxenfree

2/10 - :platinum: Webbed (10/6)

3/10 - Crosscode

4/10 - :platinum: Psychonauts 2 (11/8)

5/10 - :platinum: Sayonara Wild Hearts (21/1)

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - :platinum: Elden Ring (23/6)

8/10 - :platinum: Doom (1993) (23/2)

9/10 - :platinum: Doom II: Hell on Earth (23/8)

10/10 - :platinum: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (19/1)

• Like 2