Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

28 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

For 1 I can recommend Oxenfree, A Short Hike or Life is Strange

Thank you. I love Oxenfree I played it on Xbox a few years ago! I am thinking A Short Hike is a really good idea that game looks really interesting to me.

Just now, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome! You got this bro you can finish. Though you might wanna look more into Tetris Effect. I've had several people get burned by that one this year. For 1 I recommend Donut County, for 7 I recommend almost any Souls game. For 8 you can do Elden Ring or Gran Turismo 7. Check the main post leaderboards for more suggestions on 7-10 games :)

Thanks man :). I am 84% of the way done with Tetris Effect. The SS ranks are tough but I've only got 5 left. Honestly, the only reason this is possible is because I've played a LOT of Tetris in my life (definitely 1000+ hours). Even then, some of the trophies are pretty tough and I am not sure if I'll be able to get it done this year. I will look into the 7-10 games!

• Like 3

BioShock Infinite completed, which is all 10 difficulties done!

It wasn't that hard, even on 1999 mode until the last third of the game, with the Siren fights and the Command Deck sequence. It was very fun though. I'll definitely do the DLC trophies, as I did the DLC trophies in the first 2 BioShocks and would like to fully 100% the series.

Final list:

1/10 - Burly Men At Sea

2/10 - Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

3/10 - Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

4/10 - Control

5/10 - BioShock 2 Remastered

6/10 - BioShock Infinite

7/10 - Terraria (PlatPrices)

8/10 - Deep Rock Galactic

9/10 - I Am Bread

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

If this is hosted again in 2023 I'll probably do it again, so long as I can find some fun games for the higher difficulties to do. Hopefully Hollow Knight: Silksong will be a 10, so that can be on my list.

Edited by disaster500
grammar
  • Like 3

2. spider man miles morales

3. infamous second son

4. south park stick of truth

8. wipeout hd omega collection

9. super street fighter 4

Games I plan to do:

1. the walking dead

5. driver san francisco 37%

6. shovel knight 

7. cod modern warfare 3 

10. persona 4 arena

Finished up miles morales, currently 5/10 done :) 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, RicosTrophyHunt said:

1/10 - Santa's Workshop (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (06/01/2022)

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (10/01/2022)

3/10 - Road Rage (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (15/01/2022)

4/10 - Rainbows, toilets & unicorns (PSNProfiles) :platinum: - (19/01/2022)

5/10 - Bone Marrow PS4 and PS5 (PlatPrices) :platinum: - (18/08/2022)

6/10 - Mafia (PSNProfiles)

7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PlatPrices)

8/10 - Unturned (PlatPrices)

9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices)

10/10 - Fall Guys (PSNProfiles) :platinum: - (15/09/2022)

Just popped the Fall Guys platinum - that's my 10/10 out the way ?

• Like 4

Im a little late to this but Ive gotten a couple this year still trying to figure out their ratings spent a couple years grinding plat for mortal kombat XL finished it and got plat last month,  do platinums  that are no longer obtainable qualified for the list.  Alot of sites say the invasion bosses do not appear anymore but I got that trophy years ago. 

Congratulations to @DrunkenEngineer on Silver tier and @disaster500 on PLATINUM tier! Good job guys!!!

5 hours ago, PR0T0KN1GHT3 said:

Im a little late to this but Ive gotten a couple this year still trying to figure out their ratings spent a couple years grinding plat for mortal kombat XL finished it and got plat last month,  do platinums  that are no longer obtainable qualified for the list.  Alot of sites say the invasion bosses do not appear anymore but I got that trophy years ago. 

Yes any platinum earned in 2022 is eligible. Just make up your list and post it here then work on whatever ratings you may be missing :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Last time I posted here was in July..wow...

Anyway new entry for 2/10 - Hitman GO

List 1

1/10 - The Wolf Among Us

2/10 - My Brother Rabbit

3/10 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

4/10 - My Hero One's Justice

5/10 - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel

6/10 - Guacamelee 2

7/10 - Blazblue Chronophantasma

8/10 - Elden Ring

9/10 - Arcana Heart 3

10/10 - Persona 4 Arena

List 2

1/10

2/10 - Hitman GO

3/10 - Nickelodeon All Star Brawl

4/10 - Batman Arkham Knight

5/10 - Yakuza 4 Remastered

6/10 - Sinner Sacrifice for Redemption

7/10 - Ender Lilies Quietus of the Knights

8/10 - Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

9/10 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

10/10

This game is a 2/10 if you use video solutions for the puzzles (I do suggest trying at least to complete them legit). Fun little game :D 

Now all I have left are the extremes: a 1/10 and a 10/10. Already have contenders for both of those xD 

Yeah long time no see lol Congrats on Silver tier on your second list! Good luck on whatever your second 10 is!

• Like 1

1/10 - :platinum: The Artful Escape (16/9)

2/10 - :platinum: Webbed (10/6)

3/10 - Crosscode

4/10 - :platinum: Psychonauts 2 (11/8)

5/10 - :platinum: Sayonara Wild Hearts (21/1)

6/10 - :platinum: Hades (7/9)

7/10 - :platinum: Elden Ring (23/6)

8/10 - :platinum: Doom (1993) (23/2)

9/10 - :platinum: Doom II: Hell on Earth (23/8)

10/10 - :platinum: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (19/1)

Yet another game got replaced (Oxenfree). What a fantastic experience The Artful Escape was, and I say "experience" because it had little to no gameplay if I should give it any criticism. Still very much a recommendation if you are in need of a proud 1/10.

My final game is also gonna be a replacement and I'm sticking with a theme I've apparently built with some of the games here.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

1/10 - :platinum: The Artful Escape (16/9)

2/10 - :platinum: Webbed (10/6)

3/10 - :platinum: Doom (2016) (16/9)

4/10 - :platinum: Psychonauts 2 (11/8)

5/10 - :platinum: Sayonara Wild Hearts (21/1)

6/10 - :platinum: Hades (7/9)

7/10 - :platinum: Elden Ring (23/6)

8/10 - :platinum: Doom (1993) (23/2)

9/10 - :platinum: Doom II: Hell on Earth (23/8)

10/10 - :platinum: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (19/1)

Aaand reached the finish line with another Doom game replacing Crosscode. It also happens to simultaneously be my #100 platinum milestone!

I already got a new list ready just to see how far I can make it before the year rounds up. I have already finish two on the list, Inertial Drift & Rollerdrome, both fantastic games. I'm still on a Doom craze so Doom 3 or Eternal is probably next.

❎ 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 
❎ 2/10 - The Stanley Parable
❎ 3/10 - Carto
❎ 4/10 - Doom Eternal
❎ 5/10 - Hotline Miami 
:platinum: 6/10 - Rollerdrome (15/9)

:platinum: 7/10 - Inertial Drift (28/8)

❎ 8/10 - Downwell
❎ 9/10 - Doom 3
❎ 10/10 - Super Meat Boy

• Like 3

Shadow of the Colossus PS3 is still being held off as my 125th plat. Good news is I got my 123rd and am gonna get boosted to Silver tier now. Once platinum 124 is finished I will make sure I have it such that I have all other trophies in the game unlocked and the only thing between me and the SotC PS3 plat is hard time attack colossus 15 and 3.

*** means I haven't gotten the plat yet but that's the game I'm eyeing on doing it with.

All ratings are from PSNProfiles guides unless noted

Also I changed my difficulty 4 from Super Skelemania to Worms Rumble because if I don't do a double stack list I damn well want some self recognition of the 100+ hours I wasted on this stupid game.

1  Donut County
2  LEGO Ninjago
3  Tiny Tina One Shot
4  Worms Rumble
5  Flatland Vol 1  (averaged the votes in the PSTrophies thread and rounded up)
6  Shadow of the Colossus Remake
7  Ghostrunner (Plat Prices)
8  *** Astebreed (PlayStationTrophies)
9  *** Shadow of the Colossus PS3 (PlayStationTrophies 8.5 round up to 9)
10 Fall Guys

I will take my place in Gold tier and possibly Platinum tier before the year ends!

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 4

2. spider man miles morales

3. infamous second son

4. south park stick of truth

7. dead nation 

8. wipeout hd omega collection

9. super street fighter 4

Games I plan to do:

1. the walking dead

5. driver san francisco 37%

6. shovel knight 

10. persona 4 arena

6/10 done now. 

Got the dead nation plat today, decided to do a different game for 7 difficulty :P 

• Like 3

Damn, I was confident I could use Crash 4 as a 10, but it's a 9 everywhere. Felt like an 11, though, but anyway, I don't think I'll be able to do any 10 by this year after Crash drained me so much... so here it goes my list... This year I'll still go after Sekiro, which is a 7. I'm not sure if I'm going after any 1, I ran out of Telltale games and it just doesn't seem fun to play stuff like My Name is Mayo just to get a platinum trophy...

1- :'(

2- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

3- FIFA 22

4- Need for Speed: Rivals

5- Red Dead Redemption II

6- Mafia: The Definitive Edition

7- :'(

8- Final Fantasy IX

9- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10- :'(

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Damn, I was confident I could use Crash 4 as a 10, but it's a 9 everywhere. Felt like an 11, though, but anyway, I don't think I'll be able to do any 10 by this year after Crash drained me so much... so here it goes my list... This year I'll still go after Sekiro, which is a 7. I'm not sure if I'm going after any 1, I ran out of Telltale games and it just doesn't seem fun to play stuff like My Name is Mayo just to get a platinum trophy...

3- FIFA 22

8- Final Fantasy IX

For a 1/10 there are loads of fantastic games for you to enjoy. Try checking out A Short Hike, The Artful Escape and Oxenfree for starters. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Damn, I was confident I could use Crash 4 as a 10, but it's a 9 everywhere. Felt like an 11, though, but anyway, I don't think I'll be able to do any 10 by this year after Crash drained me so much... so here it goes my list...

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/319303-platinum-difficulty-rating/

Looking at the poll results you can definitely see that the users thought it was a 9.5 minimum on average. Round that up and you get 10. I think you can get away with calling Crash 4 you're #10 like how my Shadow of the Colossus PS3 is a 9

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

3- FIFA 22

8- Final Fantasy IX

I wrote vote average calculator for situations like this that should help :) https://codepen.io/talan-kirk/pen/gOowrKR

dHZFL5g.png

So Crash 4 can be officially counted as a 9 or a 10 :) If you're looking for a 9 I recommend Returnal or The Witness. For a 1 I always recommend Donut County to anyone that asks.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

Swapping out RDR2 for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst which I just completed yesterday. Now I’m debating if I want to keep D3 on there or replace it with a few other 6/10s I have on my radar. Once I complete this list I’ll have a second one I should be able to complete pretty quickly. I wonder if it would be considered poor taste if I had Kena as my 2nd 7/10 as long as it’s not auto pop. 

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst 

6/10: Disgaea 3 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Everybody’s Golf 

9/10: Ultra Street Fighter 4

10/10: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

For a 1/10 there are loads of fantastic games for you to enjoy. Try checking out A Short Hike, The Artful Escape and Oxenfree for starters. 

Thank you, mate, I shall look for one of these.

6 hours ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/319303-platinum-difficulty-rating/

Looking at the poll results you can definitely see that the users thought it was a 9.5 minimum on average. Round that up and you get 10. I think you can get away with calling Crash 4 you're #10 like how my Shadow of the Colossus PS3 is a 9

Thank you for the heads up, mate.

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I wrote vote average calculator for situations like this that should help :) https://codepen.io/talan-kirk/pen/gOowrKR

dHZFL5g.png

So Crash 4 can be officially counted as a 9 or a 10 :) If you're looking for a 9 I recommend Returnal or The Witness. For a 1 I always recommend Donut County to anyone that asks.

Thank you, since you created the topic, I feel ok to change it in the next update. Also makes me feel better after all that effort hehe I don't have a ps5 for Returnal and I got The Witness last year, but Kramers001 gave some other tips, so I'm back to work now with Sekiro, and then I'll try to find an 1 and another 9. Thanks!

• Like 1

1/10: Donut County (PSNP)

2/10: What Remains of Edith Finch (PSNP)

3/10: Knockout City (PSNP)

4/10: Team Sonic Racing (PSNP)

5/10: Rayman Legends (PSNP)

6/10: Tennis World Tour 2 (PSNP)

7/10: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PSNP)

8/10: Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PSNP)

9/10: Back 4 Blood (PSNP)

10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PSNP)

Just finished my last game today (Donut County), all 10 games done. 

• Like 4