Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

I would definitely like to sign up. I have a few I've already completed this year and I will add the rest of the difficulty levels still needed. 

List 1

1. Life is Strange (In Progress) Psnp

2. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales 06/09/22 Psnp

3. BioShock 10/09/22 Psnp

4. God of War III Remastered 21/08/22 Psnp

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 12/07/22 Psnp

6. Final Fantasy X-2 HD 04/07/22 Psnp

7. Kena: Bridge of Spirits 29/04/22 Psnp

8. Bloodborne 21/09/22 Psnp

9. Returnal (In Progress) PlatPrices

10. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (In Progress) Playstationtrophies

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I would definitely like to sign up. I have a few I've already completed this year and I will add the rest of the difficulty levels still needed. 

List 1

1. Life is Strange (In Progress) Psnp

2. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales 06/09/22 Psnp

3. BioShock 10/09/22 Psnp

4. God of War III Remastered 21/08/22 Psnp

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 12/07/22 Psnp

6. Final Fantasy X-2 HD 04/07/22 Psnp

7. Kena: Bridge of Spirits 29/04/22 Psnp

8. Bloodborne 21/09/22 Psnp

9. Returnal (In Progress) PlatPrices

10. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (In Progress) Psnp

Welcome aboard! Good job starting off already in Bronze tier! I added your name to the leaderboards. 

11 hours ago, Pro_Ralph_12 said:

another one bites the dust. finally finished my second list! @Rebourne07 also if you dont mind im gonna do a third and final list.

274e.png1/10-?

:platinum:2/10-SpongeBob Hero Pants

:platinum:3/10-Ratchet and clank 3

:platinum:4/10-Resident Evil 3

:platinum:5/10-Injustice 2(Average Votes)

:platinum:6/10-Resident Evil 2

274e.png7/10-?

:platinum:8/10-Devil May Cry

274e.png9/10-?

274e.png10/10-?

Holy crap good job man!!! You're only the 2nd person to finish a second list and the only person that has committed to a third list! Good luck!

• Like 1

Colossus 15 fell to me in under an hour. Colossus 3 fell to me in twoish hours. Was a nice afternoon. Wasn't nice to score a 5:03 time before taking a break. Got 3:50 on the second try post break though. Hard Time Attack for colossus 3 is 5:00 for reference. I think my total time spent on hard time attack mode was 5 hours 30 minutes to 6 hours. I'm surprised that I knocked it out that fast. Was expecting way longer for just colossus 3 based on the hype it got. (I climbed up the sword and jumped to he waist. He bend down and I could get to his arm to climb up. Get to the right shoulder by 1 minuteish, hang on right shoulder while it takes 3 steps, go to town once it begins the animation tied to Wander being on the shoulder, 3 stabs to head, back to shoulder, colossus takes 3 steps, 3 stabs to head, shoulder, 3 steps, 3-4 stabs on left arm, shoulder, 3 steps, go ham on the stomach till dead is the way to beat it. Makes a matter of when you beat it under 5 minutes, not if. Fuck the sword launch trick.)

To be fair though, Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game behind Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, so maybe I've just played it way too much beforehand. I do think the 8.5 difficulty rating is fair though if you don't have the game and colossus motions memorized like I do because I'm insane. I'm never going to try to get all fruit and lizard tails in one playthrough again though. May try to complete the PS2 version so that I've 100%ed all three versions in a year though.

*** means I haven't gotten the plat yet but that's the game I'm eyeing on doing it with.

All ratings are from PSNProfiles guides unless noted

Also I changed my difficulty 4 from Super Skelemania to Worms Rumble because if I don't do a double stack list I damn well want some self recognition of the 100+ hours I wasted on this stupid game.

1  Donut County
2  LEGO Ninjago
3  Tiny Tina One Shot
4  Worms Rumble
5  Flatland Vol 1  (averaged the votes in the PSTrophies thread and rounded up)
6  Shadow of the Colossus PS4
7  Ghostrunner (Plat Prices)
8  *** Astebreed (PlayStationTrophies)
9  Shadow of the Colossus PS3 (PlayStationTrophies 8.5 round up to 9)
10 Fall Guys

My intention was to just have both trophy enabled versions of SotC completed in the same year and be happy at Silver tier since it was a total coincidence that I had enough when I found this thread. Thanks to the guide giving SotC a 8.5 and this challenge allowing me to find Ghostrunner and Astebreed however, I will attempt for platinum tier.

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Done with Doom 3, and I gotta say for a 9/10 it was way too easy with the manual save option.

The Doom 3 Trophy Guide rates the PS3 Version as 9 of 10 difficulty but it has more content than Doom 3 PS4. I was working on a trophy guide for Doom 3 PS4 once myself and agreed with the author of the PS3 version a 6 of 10 difficulty would be better suited. But lucky for you there's the high rated trophy guide as a reference :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The Doom 3 Trophy Guide rates the PS3 Version as 9 of 10 difficulty but it has more content than Doom 3 PS4. I was working on a trophy guide for Doom 3 PS4 once myself and agreed with the author of the PS3 version a 6 of 10 difficulty would be better suited. But lucky for you there's the high rated trophy guide as a reference :)

Yeah, didn't really check up on it too much, but  looking at the BFG edition, it still doesn't look that much harder, only more time consuming with the older Doom games played on Ultra-Violence and the (now almost dead) multiplayer of course. Considering you can manually save at any time in the old games too they shouldn't be that much difficult either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Yeah, didn't really check up on it too much, but  looking at the BFG edition, it still doesn't look that much harder, only more time consuming with the older Doom games played on Ultra-Violence and the (now almost dead) multiplayer of course. Considering you can manually save at any time in the old games too they shouldn't be that much difficult either.

Interesting, since PlatPrices links the PS3 guide for the PS4 version that's how you are able to call it a 9/10?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Interesting, since PlatPrices links the PS3 guide for the PS4 version that's how you are able to call it a 9/10?

Exactly, but again the difference in difficulty shouldn't be that high from the BFG edition and the PS4, since you can manually save in the old Doom games too. I do feel a bit dirty though having it as a 9/10 considering how easy it was, but still proud of it nonetheless. It's a fun game worthy of your time and a nice plat to have.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Exactly, but again the difference in difficulty shouldn't be that high from the BFG edition and the PS4, since you can manually save in the old Doom games too. I do feel a bit dirty though having it as a 9/10 considering how easy it was, but still proud of it nonetheless. It's a fun game worthy of your time and a nice plat to have.

It’s not reflected in my last update here, but I’m working on Doom 2 as my 9/10, so it’s nice to know I can have an exploitable fall back if I get pressed for time!

• Like 1

@Kramers001 @Evil_Joker88 @DrunkenEngineer Yeah that's weird that PlatPrices calls Doom 3 PS4 an 8, but then the PSNProfiles link on it links to the BGF Edition on PS3 which is a 9. I'd agree with yall though that even the PS4 version can be counted as a 9. It's not like Shadow of the Colossus, that game has very different difficulties on PS3 and PS4. Doom 3 platinum comes down to Nightmare mode on Doom 3 itself which is the same on both versions so yeah I'd agree either version of Doom 3 can be an 8 or a 9.

Btw congrats @Hitman_Spinksy1 on Silver tier!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

It’s not reflected in my last update here, but I’m working on Doom 2 as my 9/10, so it’s nice to know I can have an exploitable fall back if I get pressed for time!

Good luck with Doom 2, that one is so unfair in its nightmare difficulty even with the respawn feature on co-op. I'm making a guide on it here on PSNprofiles to help future masochists trying it, and it's getting a 10/10, because of the amount of extreme luck needed on some levels. 

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Kramers001 @Evil_Joker88 @DrunkenEngineer Yeah that's weird that PlatPrices calls Doom 3 PS4 an 8, but then the PSNProfiles link on it links to the BGF Edition on PS3 which is a 9. I'd agree with yall though that even the PS4 version can be counted as a 9. It's not like Shadow of the Colossus, that game has very different difficulties on PS3 and PS4. Doom 3 platinum comes down to Nightmare mode on Doom 3 itself which is the same on both versions so yeah I'd agree either version of Doom 3 can be an 8 or a 9.

I mean, I can always switch places and make it an 8/10 and put Downwell on as a 9/10, since it has a guide here on PSNprofiles. But until it becomes a worldwide issue I'll let it stay on the 9/10 spot.

Edited by Kramers001
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thedah said:

1/10 Claire

2/10 Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

3/10 Granblue Fantasy: Versus
4/10 Arcade Game Series: Galaga

5/10 Raiden V

6/10 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

7/10 Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe

8/10 Astrebreed

9/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope

10/10 Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai

Finished Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai! Added in Granblue Fantasy: Versus for 3/10 and moved Claire to 1/10.

Congratulations on Gold tier on your second list!

• Like 2

I’m going to do one last swap now that my list is finally complete. Swapping out Disgaea 3 for School Girl/Zombie Hunter which I just completed. The trophy guide over on PlayStation trophies has it at a 6. I’ll post my 2nd list soon. 

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst 

6/10: School Girl/Zombie Hunter (playstationtrophies.org) 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Everybody’s Golf 

9/10: Ultra Street Fighter 4

10/10: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Edited by postofficebuddy
  • Like 4