Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 4/4/2022 at 0:09 PM, James Tiger said:

I think this should be my first update here (totally forgot I sign up for this event lol), my latest challenge list looks different from my original plan: 

1. Minecraft: Story Mode  Life is Strange: Before the Storm :platinum: on 3rd April 2022

2. The Inner World  Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales :platinum: on 16th March 2022

3. Beyond: Two Souls :platinum: on 20th March 2022 

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider :platinum: on 17th January 2022

5. Shadow of the Tomb Raider :platinum: on 22nd January 2022

6. ICO :platinum: on 21st February 2022

7. Crash Bandicoot 274c.png

8. Shadow of the Colossus :platinum: on 27th February 2022 

9. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time ! 274c.png

10. The Evil Within 274c.png

Last update:

1. Life is Strange: Before the Storm :platinum: on 3rd April 2022

2. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales :platinum: on 16th March 2022

3. Beyond: Two Souls :platinum: on 20th March 2022 

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider :platinum: on 17th January 2022

5. Shadow of the Tomb Raider :platinum: on 22nd January 2022

6. ICO :platinum: on 21st February 2022

7. Crash Bandicoot  :platinum: on 8th August 2022

8. Shadow of the Colossus :platinum: on 27th February 2022 

9. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time !  :platinum: on 28th August 2022

10. The Evil Within  :platinum: on 8th October 2022

Well, I have done my first event in 2022 (probably the only one lol). Thanks for @Rebourne07 setup this nice challenge event, looking forward for season 2. :highfive:

• Like 4

I have another one done!

1 - Unpacking :platinum:

2 - Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 :platinum:

3 - The Caligula Effect: Overdose :platinum:

4 - Guilty Gear: Strive

5 - Melty Blood: Type Lumina :platinum:

6 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

7 - Planet Coaster (playstationtrophies.org)

8 - Dragon Ball FighterZ :platinum:

9 - Hollow Knight

10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout :platinum:

There were two guides for DBFZ, I just used the one that fit for an incomplete number :)

• Like 3

1. Donut County (psnp)

2. A Short Hike (psnp)

3. It Takes Two (platprices)

4. Spiritfarer (psnp)

5. inFAMOUS (psnp)

6. Mafia Definitive Edition (psnp)

7. Red Dead Redemption (Playstation Trophies)

Okay, I finally got done with Red Dead Redemption, that multiplayer grind is no joke. I’m going to be moving onto Catherine for no.8, and Death end re;Quest for no.9.

I’m not sure I’ll get a no. 10 done this year, but I have a few games that would count for it ready to start next year instead

Edited by Hurricane_Tanya
  • Like 3

Crossed the second most difficult entry in this event for me - the 1/10 - Lara Croft GO

List 1

1/10 - The Wolf Among Us

2/10 - My Brother Rabbit

3/10 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

4/10 - My Hero One's Justice

5/10 - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel

6/10 - Guacamelee 2

7/10 - Blazblue Chronophantasma

8/10 - Elden Ring

9/10 - Arcana Heart 3

10/10 - Persona 4 Arena

List 2

1/10 - Lara Croft GO

2/10 - Hitman GO

3/10 - Nickelodeon All Star Brawl

4/10 - Batman Arkham Knight

5/10 - Yakuza 4 Remastered

6/10 - Sinner Sacrifice for Redemption

7/10 - Ender Lilies Quietus of the Knights

8/10 - Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

9/10 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

10/10

Fun little game, the only reason why it's easier than Hitman GO is because you don't get penalized for using hints.

All that's left is the dreaded 10/10...will go after that once I get to a milestone :D 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

I’ve got most of my second list ready. As before everything is based on PSN Profiles guides unless stated otherwise. 

List 1

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst 

6/10: School Girl/Zombie Hunter (playstationtrophies.org) 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Everybody’s Golf 

9/10: Ultra Street Fighter 4

10/10: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

List 2 

1/10: DDLC (is this ok?) 

2/10: A Short Hike

3/10: Stray 

4/10: Deathloop

5/10: LittleBigPlanet 

6/10: Crash Bandicoot 2

7/10: Hyper Light Drifter 

8/10: Furi

9/10: 

10/10: Jump King

Edited by postofficebuddy
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

I’ve got most of my second list ready. As before everything is based on PSN Profiles guides unless stated otherwise. 

List 1

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst 

6/10: School Girl/Zombie Hunter (playstationtrophies.org) 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Everybody’s Golf 

9/10: Ultra Street Fighter 4

10/10: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 

List 2 

1/10: DDLC (is this ok?) 

2/10: A Short Hike

3/10: Stray 

4/10: Deathloop

5/10: LittleBigPlanet 

6/10: Crash Bandicoot 2

7/10: Hyper Light Drifter 

8/10: Furi

9/10: 

10/10: Jump King

Your second list looks good! Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is good for a 1/10. Which of those on the second list do you already have done?

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Your second list looks good! Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is good for a 1/10. Which of those on the second list do you already have done?

Well it’s a quick update but I just finished Stray a few minutes ago. I was wondering about DDLC because it was the 1/10 on my first list. In this case it would be the PS5 stack. 

1 minute ago, postofficebuddy said:

Well it’s a quick update but I just finished Stray a few minutes ago. I was wondering about DDLC because it was the 1/10 on my first list. In this case it would be the PS5 stack. 

Ah ok I wondered why you didn't think it'd count. Yeah, different list different stack you're good. 

Unfortunately, I got a little overzealous trying to participate in this event. I did complete three games on my list, and I intend to do SaGa Frontier Remastered, but the other games will take too long and I won't be able to play them 24/7 due to other games coming out (like Persona, Pokemon and all that) so I reluctantly have to ask if I can withdraw from the event. I'll try to plan 7 games in advance if I decide to participate in next year's event. Good luck to everyone who is sticking to it and congrats to all those who manage to platinum stuff like Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and endured Mein Leiben. I'd rather die of old age than stress myself out on such a difficult mode. :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Unfortunately, I got a little overzealous trying to participate in this event. I did complete three games on my list, and I intend to do SaGa Frontier Remastered, but the other games will take too long and I won't be able to play them 24/7 due to other games coming out (like Persona, Pokemon and all that) so I reluctantly have to ask if I can withdraw from the event. I'll try to plan 7 games in advance if I decide to participate in next year's event. Good luck to everyone who is sticking to it and congrats to all those who manage to platinum stuff like Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and endured Mein Leiben. I'd rather die of old age than stress myself out on such a difficult mode. :(

No problem at all! Don't stress. If you'd like, make a plan for next year and you can even make progress on games for next year now if you'd like. For the 2023 challenge as long as the platinum pops in 2023 it'll count for that year. Good luck to you :)

20 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

No problem at all! Don't stress. If you'd like, make a plan for next year and you can even make progress on games for next year now if you'd like. For the 2023 challenge as long as the platinum pops in 2023 it'll count for that year. Good luck to you :)

Thanks. I will probably look into that Debug mode for The Binding of Isaac Redemption next year, because I enjoyed the randomess of the power-ups in that game but not the constant dying. :P

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

PSA: Our friend @DrBloodmoney was kind enough to design us an awesome badge for the event so if you have completed all 10 difficulty ratings of the challenge and your name is on the Platinum tier of the leaderboards, you can add this sweet badge to your signature to show off your mad skills!

kmf1Ctv.jpeg

Don't mind if I do - Thanks @DrBloodmoney, that's some great design :D 

P.S. Don't delete the template yet, if I complete the list a second time, could you add a big fat X2 multiplier in a corner? ?

• Like 4

Just now, Copanele said:

Don't mind if I do - Thanks @DrBloodmoney, that's some great design :D 

P.S. Don't delete the template yet, if I complete the list a second time, could you add a big fat X2 multiplier in a corner? 1f602.png

haha - I hadn't thought about crazy people doing it twice - I maybe I'll create a second version, for you and any other psychopaths who manage that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

1/10 Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PlatPrices)

2/10 New Gundam Breaker (PST)

3/10 Dragon Quest Builders (PST)

4/10 Super Time Force Ultra (PSNP)

5/10 Final Fantasy XIII (PSNP)

6/10 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON (PSNP)

7/10 Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (PST)

8/10 Titan Souls (PST)

9/10 Nuclear Throne (PST)

10/10 Wuppo (PlatPrices)

Well, we got there with Nuclear Throne. I played every day since August 24, total time 185 hours, probably more of an 8/10 imo. Definitely the hardest game I've done especially since there was never really an "easy" part; you're "on" the whole time you're playing. It got easier apace with my skill improving, but as you progress the list you're expected to do more and more difficult things. The plat's trophy title, "It's Not Fair, It's Not Right" is also the best trophy title I've ever seen. Very very proud of this one. If I could do even just one more game on this list by the end of the year I'd be happy with that.

Good job man! I know you were worried about finishing that this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yeah and I still have to get myself in your Final Fantasy event lol...

Well you have 2.5 months to do 4 games on your list here so I'd say you're making good time. And yeah, come on over to the FF event any time :) I'm thinking of making an introductory tier there of 5 FF games since 10 seems like too steep an entry point for most. 

48 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

274e.png 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 

274e.png 2/10 - The Stanley Parable

274e.png 3/10 - Carto

274e.png 4/10 - Doom Eternal

274e.png 5/10 - Hotline Miami 

:platinum: 6/10 - Rollerdrome (15/9)

:platinum: 7/10 - Inertial Drift (28/8)

274e.png 8/10 - Downwell

:platinum: 9/10 - Doom 3 (29/9)

:platinum: 10/10 - Super Meat Boy (19/10)

I DID IT! Oh my god, this one was wrist breaking! In contrast to Doom 3, this one almost broke me to be honest. I'm gonna need a little break from hard games after this, so Crosscode is up next (I'm switching Carto out with it when the plat pops).

To anyone going for Super Meat Boy, I wish you good luck, cause you are gonna need it. My wrist goddamn hurts just writing this goddamn post, I need some ice...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome man, idk how you and others do that game. I couldn't even beat it much less platinum it.