Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 05/11/2022 at 1:50 AM, ZLordofAwesome said:

Either the badge is too large or I'm dumb

Just now, Rebourne07 said:

@DrBloodmoney Any tips on making the badge a better size for signatures?

You should be able to resize it by double clicking on the image once it's embedded, to get this:

Screenshot-2022-11-07-at-17-41-38.png

It can be problematic depending on your browser (it's fully fucked on Safari,) but will work on most. Chrome it works just fine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

DrunkenEngineer I'm jealous of those Doom platinums. If I had the balls I'd do Doom 1 and 2 for my 9 and 10 next year but idk if I have the fortitude to get it done lol

If I can do it, anyone can.  But they do require a high degree of fortitude - especially Doom 2.  Never have I played a more...oppressive game.  Some of the missions are just absolutely brutal and require outrageous amounts of brute forcing.  In the end I'd often just mute the game so I wouldn't be so on edge.

Honestly I found level 17 more of a platinum breaker than level 29.  The latter can't be brute forced, so when you fuck up you have to restart.  Level 17 I don't think is possible to clear on console with a clean, no death, pistol start run.  (Someone will come out of the woodwork now and correct me).

Absolutely proud of myself for getting these done, but not sure it was worth it haha!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Before I do it, I just wanna be sure if it's possible to change a games difficulty position after having gotten the plat for it? Like I want to move my Doom 3 plat difficulty from a 9/10 to an 8/10.

No problem, you can do that if you want. I did myself. I pushed Victor Vran from 9 to 7 after i completed Dirt Rally and put that as my 9 instead :)

• Like 1

Update time!

1 - Unpacking :platinum:

2 - Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 :platinum:

3 - The Caligula Effect: Overdose :platinum:

4 - Mortal Kombat X :platinum:

5 - Melty Blood: Type Lumina :platinum:

6 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

7 - Planet Coaster (playstationtrophies.org)

8 - Dragon Ball FighterZ :platinum:

9 - Hollow Knight

10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout :platinum:

I think this finally puts me in the Bronze Tier?

• Like 3

Congratulations to @MissShake on Bronze tier!

@AgentPenguin08 Yes I will be doing this again in 2023. It'll be the same rules so you can make any amount of progress you want now, but the platinums have to pop in 2023.

@Kramers001 Yes you can move it from a 9 to a 8 but you have to have a link from a guide showing as an 8. You can't substitute higher rated games for lower ratings but if you have a guide showing it as an 8 then you can move it to an 8. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Kramers001 Yes you can move it from a 9 to a 8 but you have to have a link from a guide showing as an 8. You can't substitute higher rated games for lower ratings but if you have a guide showing it as an 8 then you can move it to an 8. 

Like this one? I know it is from the PS3 edition, but they are technically the same, give or take a few trophies.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/doom-3-bfg-edition/guide/

Edited by Kramers001
Information needed

❎ 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 

❎ 2/10 - The Stanley Parable

❎ 3/10 - Carto

❎ 4/10 - Doom Eternal

❎ 5/10 - Hotline Miami 

:platinum: 6/10 - Rollerdrome (15/9)

:platinum: 7/10 - Inertial Drift (28/8)

:platinum: 8/10 - Doom 3 (29/9)

:platinum: 9/10 - Splasher (9/11)

:platinum: 10/10 - Super Meat Boy (19/10)

Okay, I'm doing a bit of spot switching if the 8/10 guide on Doom 3 on playstationtrophies.org is legit, otherwise I'm gonna have to remove Doom 3 all together from the list, because Splasher deserves to be on here so much, that I'm sad that I can't put it on the 10/10 spot, cause this platinum is way harder than Super Meat Boy imo.

To anyone going for this platinum, only do so if you love the game like I do, otherwise it will be a nightmare for you with the time attacks, speedruns and the no death run.

• Like 2

@Kramers001 Yeah man that guide works :) Some games like Doom 3 work even if you switch PS3 and PS4 versions. Depends on the game. Doom 3 comes down to Nightmare mode which is on both lists. Other games like Shadow of the Colossus the PS3 and PS4 games can't be treated the same cause they are so different. Good job on Splasher! Have fun on Hotline Miami! One of my favorite games of all time, definitely harder than a 5 though lol I'd do Hotline Miami 2 platinum if people rated it as the 10/10 that it is...but for some reason people act like it's a 6 ?

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Kramers001 Yeah man that guide works :) Some games like Doom 3 work even if you switch PS3 and PS4 versions. Depends on the game. Doom 3 comes down to Nightmare mode which is on both lists. Other games like Shadow of the Colossus the PS3 and PS4 games can't be treated the same cause they are so different. Good job on Splasher! Have fun on Hotline Miami! One of my favorite games of all time, definitely harder than a 5 though lol I'd do Hotline Miami 2 platinum if people rated it as the 10/10 that it is...but for some reason people act like it's a 6 1f644.png

Haha I've probably gotten more biased on difficulty coming off a very hard 10/10, so I might end up agreeing with the 5/10 when I'm done it Hotline Miami ?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

You should be able to resize it by double clicking on the image once it's embedded, to get this:

Screenshot-2022-11-07-at-17-41-38.png

It can be problematic depending on your browser (it's fully fucked on Safari,) but will work on most. Chrome it works just fine.

I saw this post and it's a godsend - now I can display all the event badges I earn and STILL show off the quote from my signature! Thanks for the tip! ^_^

• Like 2

274e.png 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 

274e.png 2/10 - The Stanley Parable

:platinum: 3/10 - CrossCode (16/11)

274e.png 4/10 - Doom Eternal

274e.png 5/10 - Hotline Miami 

Carto got changed to CrossCode and I regret nothing. What a beauty of a game, I cannot recommend this one enough. I'm actually shocked why this game isn't played or talked about more, but it deserves every praise it gets.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Wook77 said:

Here's my take on this challenge.

1/10: My Name is Mayo 3 :platinum:

2/10: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl :platinum:

3/10: It Takes Two :platinum:

4/10: Need for Speed Heat :platinum:

5/10: Crysis 2 Remastered :platinum:

6/10: Dead or Alive 6 :platinum:

7/10: Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition :platinum:

8/10: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition :platinum:

9/10: Back 4 Blood :platinum:

10/10: Devil May Cry 5 :platinum:

Oh man! I knew this would happen eventually! You're the first and only person to go from never having posted here, to Platinum tier, in a single post lol Congratulations man! Good job on completing the whole DMC series this year! I see you're not new to the site but are new to forums. Feel free to grab the challenge badge from the main post and put it as part of your forum signature. You can adjust your forum signature by clicking your profile in the top right, going to Account Settings -> Signature then pasting it in there. 

• Like 1

For next year, I'm trying to think of extra bonuses I can attach to completion of the challenge. This year it's been basically complete the challenge, complete it twice, complete it three times etc. But every time you complete it it makes it harder for future times. So I'd like to have extra categories that'll spice things up and help people stand out in their own unique ways of completing the challenge. I wanna open up the forum for some ideas. I'll only do like 10 or so categories to keep it simple so not all ideas presented here will be used. I'll try to make little images like some Project Platinum's use to put next to your name on the leaderboards. 

Here's a few examples I've thought of:

[System] Master - 6 or more games on your list are [System] games (Vita, PS3, PS4, PS5)

FIRST! - First person to complete the challenge

Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list

Series Conquerer - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

Shameless - Auto-popped 3 or more games on your list

Fresh Starter - You had 0% progress on any game on your list prior to 2023

Hardcore - 8 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list

etc etc. 

Let's hear some ideas and I'll take some of the best!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

For next year, I'm trying to think of extra bonuses I can attach to completion of the challenge. This year it's been basically complete the challenge, complete it twice, complete it three times etc. But every time you complete it it makes it harder for future times. So I'd like to have extra categories that'll spice things up and help people stand out in their own unique ways of completing the challenge. I wanna open up the forum for some ideas. I'll only do like 10 or so categories to keep it simple so not all ideas presented here will be used. I'll try to make little images like some Project Platinum's use to put next to your name on the leaderboards. 

Here's a few examples I've thought of:

[System] Master - 6 or more games on your list are [System] games (Vita, PS3, PS4, PS5)

FIRST! - First person to complete the challenge

Shameless - Auto-popped 3 or more games on your list

Fresh Starter - You had 0% progress on any game on your list prior to 2023

Hardcore - 8 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list

etc etc. 

Let's hear some ideas and I'll take some of the best!

Wow this sounds like an amazing idea ?i definitely am up for the Hardcore extra badge!

In this case...I wonder if I should save my 10/10 for 2023 ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dammit, should have waited with the Doom series and waited on writing the guide for Doom II. Captain Hindsight to the call-out! ?

What about something like x amount of a genre completed on the list, like FPS, platformer, spectacle fighter etc.

❎ 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 

2/10 - The Stanley Parable

:platinum: 3/10 - CrossCode (16/11)

4/10 - Doom Eternal

:platinum: 5/10 - Hotline Miami (19/11)

And Hotline Miami got done, quicker than expected too. The only slight obstacle but also a fun challenge was getting A+ on all levels and only level 10 took more than one- two tries. 

Sorry @Rebourne07, I'm on the agreeing end on the 5/10 difficulty, but it was a fun challenge still. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

274e.png 1/10 - Duke Nukem 3D: 20th anniversary World Tour 

274e.png 2/10 - The Stanley Parable

:platinum: 3/10 - CrossCode (16/11)

274e.png 4/10 - Doom Eternal

:platinum: 5/10 - Hotline Miami (19/11)

And Hotline Miami got done, quicker than expected too. The only slight obstacle but also a fun challenge was getting A+ on all levels and only level 10 took more than one- two tries. 

Sorry @Rebourne07, I'm on the agreeing end on the 5/10 difficulty, but it was a fun challenge still. 

Congratulations on reaching Bronze tier on your second list! 

Thanks for the idea on using genres. I'll add two more accolades:

Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre

Jack of One Trade - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre

Also, Hotline Miami I'd agree is a 5 :) It's Hotline Miami 2 that I think should be a 10/10. 

13 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Uhh, a 10/10. Now you've done and peaked my interest. One question though, I've heard it's very buggy, is it true or did they fix it?

Idk about buggy. But Hard mode is insane and A+ is even harder than Hotline Miami 1. The problem is that it’s not fair difficulty, it’s cheap. The levels are much much bigger and there’s way too many windows so 90% if your deaths come from enemies that are waaay off screen seeing you and shooting you through windows. 

Worst part though is that officially it’s a 6/10, even though in my opinion it’s much harder than that. 

Edited by Rebourne07

52 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Idk about buggy. But Hard mode is insane and A+ is even harder than Hotline Miami 1. The problem is that it’s not fair difficulty, it’s cheap. The levels are much much bigger and there’s way too many windows so 90% if your deaths come from enemies that are waaay off screen seeing you and shooting you through windows. 

Okay, that doesn't sound fun, probably gonna skip it then.

Sadly I don't have like a lot of numbers. But I will put the ones I got done.

1. My name is mayo 2

3. Mass effect 3

4. Homefront the revolution

5. ELEX

6. White day

7. Marvel Vs Capcom 3

I will update it at some point but hardly think I can get over any more as I got only 4 extra games and none are over level 7 sadly.  if this was here last year I would of earned it no problem as I had one of each I believe.

Also am not sure where serious sam collection would be ranked as there is no rating to it. I feel it would be either 8 or 7 but am not sure

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 2