How much can be soloed?

Hvalpen

I'm intrigued about this game, and it's currently on sale.

How much of it is doable solo? I know weaves are near impossible, but what about the standard platinum? How touch is the legend difficulty to solo?

Am i correct to assume this is a hack and slash mmo with hordes of enemies, kinda like dynasty warriors?

I've played this years ago on PC. I'm sure things have changed. The game is very good. Highly recommended. I've played it for fun on PC (V1 and V2) and got most of the achievements at that time. (V2 was in Early Access).

I wouldn't call it Dynasty Warriors though. Maybe more like Left 4 Dead. You travel through the map, doing objectives, fighting hordes. Special enemies will pop up occasionally, wreaking havoc. This part is why I wouldn't solo. 

I'd say playing with others (even randoms) is easier and more fun. The AI teammates can cause headaches and die too quickly. There are assassin enemies that require teammates to help because they knock you down and you can't move.

Legend difficulty: Correct me if I'm wrong, If it's anything like V1, everyone needs to know their character, know their spots, know the enemies, and know the map.

I love these games, but I wouldn't do 100% on console. With a M+KB maybe. Definitely not solo.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
  • Like 1

As you already know, doing all 80 ranked weaves will be impossible solo.

As for the rest of the trophy content, it will also be very, very, difficult unless you have a ton of experience. The bots are decent but they won't help with misc side challenges, which is what most of the trophies are. If i had to pick an arbitrary numver, I'd say you could do maybe 20% of the trophies solo. 

Some additional stuff could be possible if you persevere and become an expert at the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

As you already know, doing all 80 ranked weaves will be impossible solo.

As for the rest of the trophy content, it will also be very, very, difficult unless you have a ton of experience. The bots are decent but they won't help with misc side challenges, which is what most of the trophies are. If i had to pick an arbitrary numver, I'd say you could do maybe 20% of the trophies solo. 

Some additional stuff could be possible if you persevere and become an expert at the game.

When you did it, did you play with people from a session on here? Or just randoms within the game?

I agree with @BeautifulTorment. Weaves aside, which are impossible to complete solo (there are no bots available in that game mode either), even getting the platinum is impossible solo. 

• Legend Difficult: You can eventually become good enough at the game to beat Legend difficulty on your own. But you need tons of experience, and that experience is best gained while playing with others. You can jump into quick matches and join randoms, but if you really want to become good at the game you need communication. That is - in my opinion - the most important aspect of coop play for this game. 

Personally, I have played V1 for ~100 hours and V2 for ~200 hours, so ~300 hours total and all with the same group of 4 people (and of course some quick matches here and there), and while there are a couple of maps that I can beat on Legend solo without too much trouble, there are a few of the more difficult maps where a win is not guaranteed and are too much trouble to even try to do solo. 

But at least - unlike weaves - it is possible to beat Legend solo with enough time. 

• Misc Trophies: These are what make even the platinum impossible to do solo. There are specific misc trophies where you need everyone in the team doing something specific, and bots cannot replace a well-coordinating team-mate. 

For example, "Master of Convence": Legend: Line up all 3 Athel Yenluy leylines within 30 seconds.

This is impossible without 3 players. Why? Because there are three such leylines that need to be aligned, and each one needs exactly 15 seconds for alignment (and you only have 30 seconds total). Bots won't help you, so you need three players, one for each of the mechanisms, as there is not enough time to do everything yourself. 

It is a fantastic game, one of the best I've played in recent times, and definitely the best coop game I've ever played. But it is very much a coop game. If you are not interested in playing with others (can be randoms of course), then you should skip this game. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Neither. I did the majority of the game with 2 other people who I play most games with. We got occasional help from 3 different people we met along the way. One we found in-game, randomly, whereas the other two I found from the V2 discord.

Can you link me the discord?

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

I agree with @BeautifulTorment. Weaves aside, which are impossible to complete solo (there are no bots available in that game mode either), even getting the platinum is impossible solo. 

• Legend Difficult: You can eventually become good enough at the game to beat Legend difficulty on your own. But you need tons of experience, and that experience is best gained while playing with others. You can jump into quick matches and join randoms, but if you really want to become good at the game you need communication. That is - in my opinion - the most important aspect of coop play for this game. 

Personally, I have played V1 for ~100 hours and V2 for ~200 hours, so ~300 hours total and all with the same group of 4 people (and of course some quick matches here and there), and while there are a couple of maps that I can beat on Legend solo without too much trouble, there are a few of the more difficult maps where a win is not guaranteed and are too much trouble to even try to do solo. 

But at least - unlike weaves - it is possible to beat Legend solo with enough time. 

• Misc Trophies: These are what make even the platinum impossible to do solo. There are specific misc trophies where you need everyone in the team doing something specific, and bots cannot replace a well-coordinating team-mate. 

For example, "Master of Convence": Legend: Line up all 3 Athel Yenluy leylines within 30 seconds.

This is impossible without 3 players. Why? Because there are three such leylines that need to be aligned, and each one needs exactly 15 seconds for alignment (and you only have 30 seconds total). Bots won't help you, so you need three players, one for each of the mechanisms, as there is not enough time to do everything yourself. 

It is a fantastic game, one of the best I've played in recent times, and definitely the best coop game I've ever played. But it is very much a coop game. If you are not interested in playing with others (can be randoms of course), then you should skip this game. 

When it says legend in front of the trophy, for example the one you mentioned with aligning, does it mean it has to be done on legend difficulty?

What difficulty should i start on? And when should i jump to legend difficulty? At level 30?

4 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Can you link me the discord?

When it says legend in front of the trophy, for example the one you mentioned with aligning, does it mean it has to be done on legend difficulty?

What difficulty should i start on? And when should i jump to legend difficulty? At level 30?

Yeah all the misc trophies need to be done on Legend difficulty. 

Our team did an entire playthrough on Recruit first, and then jumped straight into the Weaves. It probably wasn't the smoothest approach ?

We never played Veteran or Champion, but did only a second main game playthrough directly on Legend difficulty. 

You should be level 30 and have max-stat gear with well-rolled perks before you attempt Legend. Also, you should try to figure out which role in the team (special-sniper, crowd control, elite-killer, etc..) suits you best, find a suitable character / class to fit that role, and then look up good builds. But that's all secondary. 

First of all, play through the game on Recruit to get used to the game, understand how the spawn system works, get to know the different enemy types and just have fun :) 

25 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah all the misc trophies need to be done on Legend difficulty. 

Our team did an entire playthrough on Recruit first, and then jumped straight into the Weaves. It probably wasn't the smoothest approach 1f602.png

We never played Veteran or Champion, but did only a second main game playthrough directly on Legend difficulty. 

You should be level 30 and have max-stat gear with well-rolled perks before you attempt Legend. Also, you should try to figure out which role in the team (special-sniper, crowd control, elite-killer, etc..) suits you best, find a suitable character / class to fit that role, and then look up good builds. But that's all secondary. 

First of all, play through the game on Recruit to get used to the game, understand how the spawn system works, get to know the different enemy types and just have fun :) 

Thanks ! I see i have to level all characters to 30. Is this easy/fast enough on recruit? Or how to go about levelling?

Finally, i just realized this game is not cross platform. Do you reckon its active enough anyways?

11 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Thanks ! I see i have to level all characters to 30. Is this easy/fast enough on recruit? Or how to go about levelling?

Finally, i just realized this game is not cross platform. Do you reckon its active enough anyways?

So, leveling all characters to 30 by playing maps can be a very long process. There is an out-of-bounds exploit that you can use to make leveling faster (and more boring, too...). I'll leave the video in the spoiler tags: 

Spoiler

There are double XP or even triple XP weekends / weeks from time to time, so you might want to play the game normally and focus on having fun and work towards trophies, and then just grind levels whenever those XP events drop. 

Most players play on PC / XBox, but I always found plenty of lobbies on Playstation as well, and there are quite a few PS players active on the V2 discord as well. If you aim for the plat / 100%, I would recommend finding a team that wants to go for that as well though. If you only care about playing casually, then you'll be fine with joining random quick matches. 

Oh, and if you can play on a PS5, do so! They dropped an update that allows for 60 FPS and should make the game even more smooth ?

21 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

So, leveling all characters to 30 by playing maps can be a very long process. There is an out-of-bounds exploit that you can use to make leveling faster (and more boring, too...). I'll leave the video in the spoiler tags: 

Reveal hidden contents

There are double XP or even triple XP weekends / weeks from time to time, so you might want to play the game normally and focus on having fun and work towards trophies, and then just grind levels whenever those XP events drop. 

Most players play on PC / XBox, but I always found plenty of lobbies on Playstation as well, and there are quite a few PS players active on the V2 discord as well. If you aim for the plat / 100%, I would recommend finding a team that wants to go for that as well though. If you only care about playing casually, then you'll be fine with joining random quick matches. 

Oh, and if you can play on a PS5, do so! They dropped an update that allows for 60 FPS and should make the game even more smooth 1f601.png

What is the link to the discord? Thank you for all your help

There are a bunch of the "legend" trophies that you can do solo but because there are some trophies that can not be done without 4 players/can not be done with bots I would not suggest playing with any less then that.

I still would not let the trophies dissuade you from playing this game! I got the 100% back in September but I still played around 100 additional hours since. I just love it so much.