MrBeens

PS5 Upgrade store bug?

12 posts in this topic

This game is supposed to be a free upgrade for PS4 owners, yes?  I read that a long time ago.  There's only one version in the store and it's for both PS4 and PS5.  However, it looks like since I downloaded the demo before it, I'm screwed.  

I bought the game after palying the demo on PS4.  Now when I look at the game on the store, it says 'Purchased' for the demo version, and '$39.99' for the PS4/PS5 version, like i never bought that version.

What the hell?  Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by MrBeens

The publisher has posted on Twitter that they're aware of the issue. They said the NA version seems to be upgrading fine, but the EU one isn't - Sony is currently looking into it.

Physical PS4 Monster Boy to digital PS5 Monster Boy is upgrading fine, but digital to digital isn't. Should be fixed today, I believe.

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

The publisher has posted on Twitter that they're aware of the issue. They said the NA version seems to be upgrading fine, but the EU one isn't - Sony is currently looking into it.

Good to hear they're looking into it.  I am NA and it definitely isn't upgrading fine for me.  Digital - Digital.

2 hours ago, EmperorZetta said:

Physical PS4 Monster Boy to digital PS5 Monster Boy is upgrading fine, but digital to digital isn't. Should be fixed today, I believe.

JP or NA? Or both?

Issue is fixed! I just claimed my digital PS4 to digital PS5 upgrade a moment ago.

Edited by steeler192

2 minutes ago, steeler192 said:

Issue is fixed! I just claimed my digital PS4 to digital PS5 upgrade a moment ago.

sweet, just got mine now too. thx

Yes, I can confirm my upgrade is working now too.  Excited to play this again, it was great.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, EmperorZetta said:

Oh really?  You mean my physical copy of the game will net me the digital PS5 version for free?  Yay!  I thought I would have to buy it again, especially considering it was released well before the PS5's launch.

Does anyone know if the PS5 upgrade works with the JP physical disc?