So i just missed a collectable ...

Hey guys. I just missed the collectible "Archive: If Anyone Finds this…" in chapter 5 and can't go back to get it (because of autosave).

What is the best approach to handle this? Do I play the whole game til the end and try to clean it up afterwards? (via chapter select or ng+?)

Or do I restart the chapter directly to continue with everything before starting chapter 6?

Google has so many different answers, I want to hear what your opinion is. Thanks in advance.

You only need 23 of the 34 archives in order to have the 65% needed for the trophy, so you can miss a few and still be on track. Chapter select won't save progress made with collectables other than outfits and even that is only for some people.

I missed more than 9 (as well as some Guardian collectables and outfits) but cleared it up in a NG+, given that I'd have to do it for the other items anyway.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The game has chaper select on the main menu.

You can collect what you missed and it will be applied to your current saved playthrough.

Did they change this with the most recent patch? Because previously chapter select did not save any progress what so ever.  I haven't played since I platinumed it, but that's how it used to work.

14 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Did they change this with the most recent patch? Because previously chapter select did not save any progress what so ever.  I haven't played since I platinumed it, but that's how it used to work.

Also curious - Im hoping they have patched as ive been waiting to platinum it

15 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

It worked for me as of last Saturday. The items I missed were then collected via Chapter select and then added to my current save. They are on my ship now. I just can't start the dialogues because the story has my team seperated. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:19 PM, TJ_Solo said:

It worked for me as of last Saturday. The items I missed were then collected via Chapter select and then added to my current save. They are on my ship now. I just can't start the dialogues because the story has my team seperated. 

I bet the recent patch changed it.  That's awesome if it did.  Means I could ideally go and chapter select the chapter 6 collectables I couldn't get.

On 02/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, TJ_Solo said:

The game has chaper select on the main menu.

You can collect what you missed and it will be applied to your current saved playthrough.

Is this applicable to all chapters? I played through without any guides and I am missing around 30/40% and not just one chapter 

I heard you had to start again, can I just play new game+? 
I’d like to get the platinum but don’t want to waste my time if I have to start from fresh. Massively disappointed with this game tbh 

On 12/5/2021 at 5:33 AM, Snake2410 said:

I bet the recent patch changed it.  That's awesome if it did.  Means I could ideally go and chapter select the chapter 6 collectables I couldn't get.

Damn, if true, I can't wait to finally play this. Been wary because of the missables. 

9 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Damn, if true, I can't wait to finally play this. Been wary because of the missables. 

I just got my plat about an hour ago, you do still need to be wary of missables unfortunately. Archives can not be gotten with chapter select, they disappear from your collection when you leave the chapter. I tested it on 3 or 4 different chapters and none ever stuck for me. Costumes and items do save though. However, very ymmv I assume but items were buggy for me. I picked up one of Rocket's items in chapter select and while it did appear in his room during NG+ (before it'd be possible to get) when I picked it up and examined it the cutscene it was supposed to trigger would not play. That means I could not add it to my collection as for the party member items you have to find them and then talk to the party about the item back on the ship for it to count. Maybe the items not tied to a party member work properly, or maybe I just broke the game somehow. I legit have no idea what happened, just saying what happened to me.

That said though, it's not the end of the world if you need to do NG+. I just played through the majority of the game (up to chapter 13) in one sitting and it only took a few hours. A large part of the game is dialogue and exploring side areas, so if you're just main lining it and picking up the items you need you can get through pretty fast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My trophy for Lore Hoarder popped near the end of Chapter 11 during a cutscene. This Chapter had no pickups but had some new entries in the Compendium for Characters and places. I used the videos of PowerPyx in the guide of this site.

Beginning of Chapter 12 I had following entries: 

Characters 25

Factions 15

Creatures 17

Places 18

Items 24

Archives 50

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

after the 65% trophy pops, I can stop collecting Archives and Guardians items, right? 

I know I still need all of the Outfits, but that’s a different trophy 

You might still need to pick up Guardians items until you have Managerial Skills (Find all of the Guardian Collectibles for one Guardian), but if you already have that, yup, you can focus on just the outfits afterwards. 

• Like 1

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

Edited by kantera

11 minutes ago, kantera said:

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

I'm about a quarter of the way through and very much enjoying it. Collectibles are a bit of a pain, but apart from that, its been a lot of fun. There's some decent sales on the game available right now, and if you can pick it up for half off, I'd highly recommend it.

8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm about a quarter of the way through and very much enjoying it. Collectibles are a bit of a pain, but apart from that, its been a lot of fun. There's some decent sales on the game available right now, and if you can pick it up for half off, I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I have some backlog and clearing some old games, I just bought the Cosmic Deluxe Edition (Yeah, I'm always attracted to the special editions :p).

Maybe start then next week or the week after, thanks!

Edited by kantera

4 hours ago, kantera said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I have some backlog and clearing some old games, I just bought the Cosmic Deluxe Edition (Yeah, I'm always attracted to the special editions :p).

Maybe start then next week or the week after, thanks!

That’s the one I bought. It’s a very nice steelbook

5 hours ago, kantera said:

I just beat it and had a blast with it 

it's kind of like the ps3's Uncharted (a playable summer blockbuster) but in space

On 28.12.2021 at 9:15 PM, kantera said:

I would describe its vibe as similar to Mass Effect I guess. Between chapters and missions you go back to your ship to talk to your crewmates and kinda explore their backstories. I mean it won the best story during The game awards for a reason. It's super enjoyable if you like that type of games. Story focused, with exploration of backstories of colorful and interesting cast. The plat is relatively easy. Definitely recommended from my POV. I also enjoyed the combat, it has just "fine" vibe at the start but once you unlock more and more abilities it becomes super fun. I also really liked implementation of adaptive triggers when reloading, made it super satisfying. 

But I know people that wanted just pure combat focused game were disappointed with all the lore and dialogue, so it depends on your preferences

3 hours ago, Forunth said:

I would describe its vibe as similar to Mass Effect I guess. Between chapters and missions you go back to your ship to talk to your crewmates and kinda explore their backstories. I mean it won the best story during The game awards for a reason. It's super enjoyable if you like that type of games. Story focused, with exploration of backstories of colorful and interesting cast. The plat is relatively easy. Definitely recommended from my POV. I also enjoyed the combat, it has just "fine" vibe at the start but once you unlock more and more abilities it becomes super fun. I also really liked implementation of adaptive triggers when reloading, made it super satisfying. 

But I know people that wanted just pure combat focused game were disappointed with all the lore and dialogue, so it depends on your preferences

Thanks everyone for the replies. As I like single player games and story driven games a lot, it seems it will not let me down :)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me? I played through Guardians of the Galaxy and until Chapter 4, my Guardians Collectibles didn’t add up anymore in my Galactic Compendium. So i started a new story, and i want to collect everything again, but i couldn’t find the Guardians Collectibles anymore on the ground and they are not in the compendium. I think that my whole game is glitched. Can i delete all my save games? 

Edited by noahjans06

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 10:48 AM, noahjans06 said:

Can anyone help me? I played through Guardians of the Galaxy and until Chapter 4, my Guardians Collectibles didn’t add up anymore in my Galactic Compendium. So i started a new story, and i want to collect everything again, but i couldn’t find the Guardians Collectibles anymore on the ground and they are not in the compendium. I think that my whole game is glitched. Can i delete all my save games? 

I'm way too late to the party here, but this might help someone else with a similar issue. The Guardians collectibles don't show up in your compendium right when you pick them up. You need to discuss the item with the appropriate crew member back on the Milano before it will appear in the compendium. The game is pretty good at calling out when you have items you can discuss with your team in scenes when you're back on the ship.

• Like 1