Doenbo

So i just missed a collectable ...

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I just missed the collectible "Archive: If Anyone Finds this…" in chapter 5 and can't go back to get it (because of autosave).

What is the best approach to handle this? Do I play the whole game til the end and try to clean it up afterwards? (via chapter select or ng+?)

Or do I restart the chapter directly to continue with everything before starting chapter 6?

Google has so many different answers, I want to hear what your opinion is. Thanks in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game has chaper select on the main menu.

You can collect what you missed and it will be applied to your current saved playthrough.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You only need 23 of the 34 archives in order to have the 65% needed for the trophy, so you can miss a few and still be on track. Chapter select won't save progress made with collectables other than outfits and even that is only for some people.

I missed more than 9 (as well as some Guardian collectables and outfits) but cleared it up in a NG+, given that I'd have to do it for the other items anyway.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The game has chaper select on the main menu.

You can collect what you missed and it will be applied to your current saved playthrough.

Did they change this with the most recent patch? Because previously chapter select did not save any progress what so ever.  I haven't played since I platinumed it, but that's how it used to work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Did they change this with the most recent patch? Because previously chapter select did not save any progress what so ever.  I haven't played since I platinumed it, but that's how it used to work.

 

Also curious - Im hoping they have patched as ive been waiting to platinum it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Did they change this with the most recent patch? Because previously chapter select did not save any progress what so ever.  I haven't played since I platinumed it, but that's how it used to work.


It worked for me as of last Saturday. The items I missed were then collected via Chapter select and then added to my current save. They are on my ship now. I just can't start the dialogues because the story has my team seperated. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2021 at 9:19 PM, TJ_Solo said:


It worked for me as of last Saturday. The items I missed were then collected via Chapter select and then added to my current save. They are on my ship now. I just can't start the dialogues because the story has my team seperated. 

I bet the recent patch changed it.  That's awesome if it did.  Means I could ideally go and chapter select the chapter 6 collectables I couldn't get.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, TJ_Solo said:

The game has chaper select on the main menu.

You can collect what you missed and it will be applied to your current saved playthrough.

Is this applicable to all chapters? I played through without any guides and I am missing around 30/40% and not just one chapter 

I heard you had to start again, can I just play new game+? 
I’d like to get the platinum but don’t want to waste my time if I have to start from fresh. Massively disappointed with this game tbh 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2021 at 5:33 AM, Snake2410 said:

I bet the recent patch changed it.  That's awesome if it did.  Means I could ideally go and chapter select the chapter 6 collectables I couldn't get.

Damn, if true, I can't wait to finally play this. Been wary because of the missables. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Damn, if true, I can't wait to finally play this. Been wary because of the missables. 

I just got my plat about an hour ago, you do still need to be wary of missables unfortunately. Archives can not be gotten with chapter select, they disappear from your collection when you leave the chapter. I tested it on 3 or 4 different chapters and none ever stuck for me. Costumes and items do save though. However, very ymmv I assume but items were buggy for me. I picked up one of Rocket's items in chapter select and while it did appear in his room during NG+ (before it'd be possible to get) when I picked it up and examined it the cutscene it was supposed to trigger would not play. That means I could not add it to my collection as for the party member items you have to find them and then talk to the party about the item back on the ship for it to count. Maybe the items not tied to a party member work properly, or maybe I just broke the game somehow. I legit have no idea what happened, just saying what happened to me.

 

That said though, it's not the end of the world if you need to do NG+. I just played through the majority of the game (up to chapter 13) in one sitting and it only took a few hours. A large part of the game is dialogue and exploring side areas, so if you're just main lining it and picking up the items you need you can get through pretty fast.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My trophy for Lore Hoarder popped near the end of Chapter 11 during a cutscene. This Chapter had no pickups but had some new entries in the Compendium for Characters and places. I used the videos of PowerPyx in the guide of this site.

 

Beginning of Chapter 12 I had following entries: 

Characters 25

Factions 15

Creatures 17

Places 18

Items 24

Archives 50

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after the 65% trophy pops, I can stop collecting Archives and Guardians items, right? 

 

I know I still need all of the Outfits, but that’s a different trophy 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

after the 65% trophy pops, I can stop collecting Archives and Guardians items, right? 

 

I know I still need all of the Outfits, but that’s a different trophy 

 

You might still need to pick up Guardians items until you have Managerial Skills (Find all of the Guardian Collectibles for one Guardian), but if you already have that, yup, you can focus on just the outfits afterwards. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

 

Edited by kantera
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kantera said:

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

 

I'm about a quarter of the way through and very much enjoying it. Collectibles are a bit of a pain, but apart from that, its been a lot of fun. There's some decent sales on the game available right now, and if you can pick it up for half off, I'd highly recommend it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm about a quarter of the way through and very much enjoying it. Collectibles are a bit of a pain, but apart from that, its been a lot of fun. There's some decent sales on the game available right now, and if you can pick it up for half off, I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I have some backlog and clearing some old games, I just bought the Cosmic Deluxe Edition (Yeah, I'm always attracted to the special editions :p).

Maybe start then next week or the week after, thanks!

Edited by kantera
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kantera said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I have some backlog and clearing some old games, I just bought the Cosmic Deluxe Edition (Yeah, I'm always attracted to the special editions :p).

Maybe start then next week or the week after, thanks!

That’s the one I bought. It’s a very nice steelbook

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kantera said:

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

 

 

I just beat it and had a blast with it 

 

it's kind of like the ps3's Uncharted (a playable summer blockbuster) but in space

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.12.2021 at 9:15 PM, kantera said:

I'm in the verge of buying the game. For those who have played it? Is it worth it? I've been reading some reviews and it looks like a really good vibe and platinum doesn't seem to hard either. Grtz and thanks to anyone who replies.

 

I would describe its vibe as similar to Mass Effect I guess. Between chapters and missions you go back to your ship to talk to your crewmates and kinda explore their backstories. I mean it won the best story during The game awards for a reason. It's super enjoyable if you like that type of games. Story focused, with exploration of backstories of colorful and interesting cast. The plat is relatively easy. Definitely recommended from my POV. I also enjoyed the combat, it has just "fine" vibe at the start but once you unlock more and more abilities it becomes super fun. I also really liked implementation of adaptive triggers when reloading, made it super satisfying. 

 

But I know people that wanted just pure combat focused game were disappointed with all the lore and dialogue, so it depends on your preferences

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forunth said:

I would describe its vibe as similar to Mass Effect I guess. Between chapters and missions you go back to your ship to talk to your crewmates and kinda explore their backstories. I mean it won the best story during The game awards for a reason. It's super enjoyable if you like that type of games. Story focused, with exploration of backstories of colorful and interesting cast. The plat is relatively easy. Definitely recommended from my POV. I also enjoyed the combat, it has just "fine" vibe at the start but once you unlock more and more abilities it becomes super fun. I also really liked implementation of adaptive triggers when reloading, made it super satisfying. 

 

But I know people that wanted just pure combat focused game were disappointed with all the lore and dialogue, so it depends on your preferences

 

Thanks everyone for the replies. As I like single player games and story driven games a lot, it seems it will not let me down :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me? I played through Guardians of the Galaxy and until Chapter 4, my Guardians Collectibles didn’t add up anymore in my Galactic Compendium. So i started a new story, and i want to collect everything again, but i couldn’t find the Guardians Collectibles anymore on the ground and they are not in the compendium. I think that my whole game is glitched. Can i delete all my save games? 

Edited by noahjans06
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2022 at 10:48 AM, noahjans06 said:

Can anyone help me? I played through Guardians of the Galaxy and until Chapter 4, my Guardians Collectibles didn’t add up anymore in my Galactic Compendium. So i started a new story, and i want to collect everything again, but i couldn’t find the Guardians Collectibles anymore on the ground and they are not in the compendium. I think that my whole game is glitched. Can i delete all my save games? 

I'm way too late to the party here, but this might help someone else with a similar issue. The Guardians collectibles don't show up in your compendium right when you pick them up. You need to discuss the item with the appropriate crew member back on the Milano before it will appear in the compendium. The game is pretty good at calling out when you have items you can discuss with your team in scenes when you're back on the ship.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.