DMD Vs HaH difficulty

UlvenFenrir

Im just curious. If the enemy waves are the same on HaH as they are on DMD and you managed to s rank DMD with no damage then how is HaH harder in terms of earning the worthy of a legend trophy? I know you cant take a hit or abuse the checkpoint exploit but thats almost irrelevant if you s ranked DMD with no damage?

The enemy waves are the same as SOS . DMD is definitely harder for me . All i can say about HaH is that is more annoying and tedious because of that one hit you cannot get that S rank but with DMD if you have good style getting hit is not that punishable 

Edited by bobby_94916

On 12/3/2021 at 6:04 AM, bobby_94916 said:

that is my point for DMD if you get damage you cannot get no hit multiplayer but still is possible to go fo S rank . But  if you get hit in HaH you instantly die witch after is not possible to get an S rank

This player got hit twice in Mission 01, yet he still managed to get S Rank.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

This player got hit twice in Mission 01, yet he still managed to get S Rank.

This isn't applicable for all missions however, this game sometimes likes to go random with scoring. Missions 8 and 10 being the worst of the bunch where even if you get no damage and get killed by the bosses (it's mandatory actually) you get an A rank instead of S rank.

I'd say HaH is harder because while in DMD the enemies hit harder, true, you can also combo them longer which gives you more points to S rank the level. In HaH not only do the enemies have less health, but one hit completely resets your combo meter. At least in DMD you get from SSS to B when you get hit once.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I've cleared all DMD S Ranks and I'm halfway through HAH, DMD fights take more effort, but having to redo an entire mission on HAH because the game throws every now and then a middle finger at you, especially some bosses, and there are no checkpoints, it's more infuriating imho, especially since after countless playhroughs I just want to move on at last and forget about this plat.

• 3 weeks later...

Three missions to go, mission 3, 6 and 8 on HAH. The only really hard mission to S rank should be number 8, I've tried the other two just a few times, then bosses pissed me off and I've moved on. The rest wasn't overly hard after the other runs, it's been just a matter of compulsive restarting until random sh*t didn't happen.

13 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Three missions to go, mission 3, 6 and 8 on HAH. The only really hard mission to S rank should be number 8, I've tried the other two just a few times, then bosses pissed me off and I've moved on. The rest wasn't overly hard after the other runs, it's been just a matter of compulsive restarting until random sh*t didn't happen.

If you get stuck, I have a real good route for the Mission 8 from my 20 hour 100% Trophy Walkthrough. I do No Hit on every level and forget about the combos, but on Mission 8, thats the only one I had to combo for S Ranks, and I think I only participate in 3 battles throughout the whole Mission, and I have very specific steps for those battles as well like, Run in, use Attack A, jump in the air 3 times, perform Attack B, move camera away, do the taunt, then jump twice and do Attack C etc etc.

Just give us a shout and i'll link the timestamp for the mission and on HaH (though I do it the same on SoS and DmD as well).

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If you get stuck, I have a real good route for the Mission 8 from my 20 hour 100% Trophy Walkthrough. I do No Hit on every level and forget about the combos, but on Mission 8, thats the only one I had to combo for S Ranks, and I think I only participate in 3 battles throughout the whole Mission, and I have very specific steps for those battles as well like, Run in, use Attack A, jump in the air 3 times, perform Attack B, move camera away, do the taunt, then jump twice and do Attack C etc etc.

Just give us a shout and i'll link the timestamp for the mission and on HaH (though I do it the same on SoS and DmD as well).

Thanks, much appreciated. Yes I'm aware that a no damage bonus is practically impossible on that mission, it gave me less trouble than expected up to DMD, but HAH is morale breaking due to the fact that one has to restart the mission from scratch on each attempt, not mentioning that Fury in the beginning. Success or failure I'll post my progress in here.

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Where is this 100% walkthrough? Can you link it?

27 minutes ago, Baker said:

Where is this 100% walkthrough? Can you link it?

Its here with Mission 8 on HaH starting at 17:19:08, all commentated

Its a long video, but thats the timestamp for my Mission 8 on HaH. I do have this playthroughs as split as well in separate videos.

The DmD strategy is very slightly different due to extra damage needed dealing to the enemies, but you can just go back a little for the DmD version. All playthroughs and Missions are done in numerical order pretty much.

There should be a text guide knocking about for my strategies as well if ya want it noted down step by step via text, linked in descriptions

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

Great skills and pretty effective strategies. And seeing PS5 loading times makes my PS4 restarts feel even more excruciating lol
The other day I did a few other attempts, in my best run I managed to score 5000 points before the boss fight with bare bone gameplay, but I've used up all three orbs, the last one due to a cheap curved fireball by the boss, and ended up with an abysmal score. Didn't try again, since I don't have that much time for gaming nowadays, and prefer to do also non stressful and non unpleasant gaming like these BS HAH S ranks. But I'll do some other sessions in the coming days and hopefully put DMC5 to rest for eternity 😂

Edited by Brightblade76

• 1 month later...

Hey all, been a while. Back then I've put the game down because life was a bit busy and these last missions were too stressful to spend my free time on them, but I got back at the game yesterday afternoon, after 5 or so attempts I've cleared mission 3, for some reason Artemis on HAH has been a pain to no damage even though she gave me no trouble on other difficulties, then after a few attempts I've also cleared mission 8 with an S Rank, did it "legit" even though it's not the correct word, by just fighting most battles "naturally", except the non mandatory ones with just few enemies. The one that boosted my score before Urizen up to 4860 point has been the one with the Behemoth. What a relief I was prepared to spend several days on those missions. Now I'm just missing the mechanical boss on mission 6, found it quite annoying and did just a few attempts, but it shouldn't be that much of a pain with the proper strategy, then it's platinum and back to 100% profile after several months of lazyness 😀

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

HaH is basically a ball game when it comes to if you will S rank that level due to a death being a dice roll to a 70% chance that you will get only an A then S. if you ask me i feel h&h mode and heaven and hell should only be beaten then S rank as it is just annoying however be thankful it is not dmc4 with the bs of the orbs being needed and being near perfect or get out mind set.