Endwalker trophy thoughts?

Rebourne07

I like that they are mixing it up a little more this time. Triple Triad cards will definitely take a while since it seems you basically need all of them. Though I enjoy collecting them, certainly much better than the collectables trophies from the original PS5 list...

Assuming the unreleased trophies are related to the 6.01 update in a few weeks, such as clearing Pandaemonium and maybe something related to the new treasure hunt or something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Now games can have "Unreleased Trophies"?

kinda cool ngl

I'm fairly confident Ubisoft wasn't the pioneer of this trend, but they did the same thing with their Lost Tales content back in AC: Odyssey. The info would be there, but wouldn't be revealed until the content was actually in-game, or possibly a couple days prior.

Damn it, I should've gotten my trusts to lvl 80 but I got lazy lol.

Getting all Triple Triad cards is definitely gonna be the biggest grind for completionists. If you haven't bothered learning the ins and outs of Triple Triad you're gonna be in for a bad time against the NPC players. I'm missing all the open tournament cards since I never bothered with them. Boosting sessions for cards incoming?? ? 

I'm also quite lucky that I pretty much got every card from duties already. One of the rarest cards is from E12 / E12S. I've read some people went on to 80+ runs without getting it. Granted unsynced will make things faster but we can pretty much expect Pandaemonium Normal/Savage  to have rare cards as well.

What I am not so keen on is the fact because this trophy was added, if you really care about 100% completion in this game then you have to be on your A game and stay on top of collecting Triple Triad cards. If they added this trophy to Endwalker there's a pretty good chance they'll add an updated equivalent trophy in 7.0 and future expansions as well. That I'm not too keen on because they can make some Triple Triad cards locked behind the most tedious of things. Imagine having a Triple Triad for catching ALL fishes. That would probably be game over for me since some fishes literally take a couple of IRL days to spawn. And you only have a couple minutes of window when you can catch them. (Please don't read this Square Enix)

I'd rather they decide to add a clear Thordan Ultimate trophy in 6.1. Or better yet, a trophy requiring all 4 Ultimates so far to be cleared. That has to be a gold trophy though lol.

I just realised with the triple triad cards it's not as horribly bad as it seems. I mean the trophy is for collecting 344 unique cards. It doesn't say ALL cards (although at 6.0 launch 344 might be all the cards there is). But eventually it's gonna be easier to get this done since the game constantly adds new Triple Triad cards with each patch. Some of which are easy to get. The question however is how long this would take you if you decide to just wait for new cards to be added in the game to reach the 344 unique cards requirement. Well you will get it done...eventually....until 7.0 comes in and they add a new Triple Triad trophy and so another long journey begins lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Well, the trophy list is out... let me see... *looks over the list*

season15_ep41_ss01.jpg

Cisi: "WHAT THE @*#*$*#$!$*!!!????"

First off, I didn't expect this DLC list to be THIS big - 14 feckin' trophies.

My predictions on trophies were spot on - we have the usual "Complete the MSQ main story" story trophy, as well as the three trophies for hitting Level 90 in all three aspects: Combat, Gathering and Crafting.

But then they took some weird in-game achievements and put them in to fill out the list:

98L41eeb0.png

This is the first time there was a trophy based on Hunts. There were no Hunt related trophies in the platinum trophy list. I mean, I understand - ARR Hunts suck Donkey Kong's "Banana"(to be polite) and nobody does those hunts as you can get Alliance Seals but biting the bullet and doing the Masked Carnivale. The fact that two achievements for defeating Endwalker A and S-rank hunts will give Cisi a reason to do hunt trains because A and S ranks usually mandate 24-man crowds because they are Level 90 and cannot be solo, they will kill you in one hit.

97L55249c.png

I only dabbled in Trusts because Trusts refuse to do AoEs and don't do the big heals, but having you level up all Trust NPCS to Level 90 means a lot of work.

100L2f8172.png

Also adding in the achievements for doing World Boss FATEs shows that this company is no longer letting you get off easy with just raids. For the record, World Boss FATEs are boss monsters that are the most powerful monsters in a FATE in those areas. For example, in East Shroud is a world boss called Lazy Lawrence, a giant Ochu(think of it as a huge plant monster with vines). FATES sync you to their level so you cannot overlevel for it. That World Boss FATE is Level TWENTY. But he has more health than the final boss of Shadowbringers main story and hits just as hard, one-shotting anyone who isn't properly geared with nasty attacks and minions. You NEED a 48-man group to stand a chance.

And the trophy list wants us to do TWO of these. At Level 90. If Lazy Lawrence is any indication, these FATES will require 100-man raids to destroy. You will do chip damage and take tons of damage, even if you are a fully-buffed tanks. These FATEs are NO JOKE.

104L8c58d9.png

And these. Three trophies which aren't even active yet and "will be released in a future update." I am going to assume these are the story-related trophies for completing the MSQ up to 6.5. I understand they have to put those up for placeholders but eh?

All in all, I can say that this is a surprise. Six hours before 6.0 updates and we already have a huge trophy list, and incomplete at that. Also, I did not expect the dreaded achievement for collecting ALL the Triple Triad cards up to Shadowbringers would show up here, nor that a trophy for doing sightseeing logs would show up. I have collected a few sightseeing spots but avoided them. (One reason is that a sightseeing spot in Kugane is on a lamp post and to get to it, you have to do the infamous Kugane Jump Puzzle to be able to jump onto it. :()

Ah well, I have resigned myself to the fact that this account will never be at 100% trophy completion. But the gloves are now off.

7 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Damn it, I should've gotten my trusts to lvl 80 but I got lazy lol.

Getting all Triple Triad cards is definitely gonna be the biggest grind for completionists. I'm currently at 280 something and I'm missing basically the tournament cards. Boosting sessions for cards incoming?? ?

I've seen Party Finders come up begging for raid farms, not for mounts, but for TT cards. Looks like Cisi will be joining them if he wants to get this list filled. xD

There is actually a side quest you can complete if you get all the cards. It rewards you with a giant card for a mount.

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

98L41eeb0.png

This is the first time there was a trophy based on Hunts. There were no Hunt related trophies in the platinum trophy list. I mean, I understand - ARR Hunts suck Donkey Kong's "Banana"(to be polite) and nobody does those hunts as you can get Alliance Seals but biting the bullet and doing the Masked Carnivale. The fact that two achievements for defeating Endwalker A and S-rank hunts will give Cisi a reason to do hunt trains because A and S ranks usually mandate 24-man crowds because they are Level 90 and cannot be solo, they will kill you in one hit.

The first month or so of an expansion the hunt linkshells are in full force. So as long as you do hunt trains daily you'll get this done in a relatively 'short' amount of time.

97L55249c.png

I only dabbled in Trusts because Trusts refuse to do AoEs and don't do the big heals, but having you level up all Trust NPCS to Level 90 means a lot of work.

I got my trusts to Lvl 74 even after the big exp buff to them and I just never got around getting them all to 80. Trusts are so bad, you look at Ryne doing piss damage using single target combos in a 8+ mob trash pull. Like girl, you need to learn how to play rogue/ninja lol.

100L2f8172.png

Also adding in the achievements for doing World Boss FATEs shows that this company is no longer letting you get off easy with just raids. For the record, World Boss FATEs are boss monsters that are the most powerful monsters in a FATE in those areas. For example, in East Shroud is a world boss called Lazy Lawrence, a giant Ochu(think of it as a huge plant monster with vines). FATES sync you to their level so you cannot overlevel for it. That World Boss FATE is Level TWENTY. But he has more health than the final boss of Shadowbringers main story and hits just as hard, one-shotting anyone who isn't properly geared with nasty attacks and minions. You NEED a 48-man group to stand a chance.

And the trophy list wants us to do TWO of these. At Level 90. If Lazy Lawrence is any indication, these FATES will require 100-man raids to destroy. You will do chip damage and take tons of damage, even if you are a fully-buffed tanks. These FATEs are NO JOKE.

I don't think the world boss trophies are gonna be that bad. I mean odin/coeurlregina/ixion/archaeotania were fun but they were never that hard. The initial difficulty lies in figuring out HOW to spawn them. The key to this is join a discord server for your datacenter focused on hunts and fates. 

104L8c58d9.png

And these. Three trophies which aren't even active yet and "will be released in a future update." I am going to assume these are the story-related trophies for completing the MSQ up to 6.5. I understand they have to put those up for placeholders but eh?

All in all, I can say that this is a surprise. Six hours before 6.0 updates and we already have a huge trophy list, and incomplete at that. Also, I did not expect the dreaded achievement for collecting ALL the Triple Triad cards up to Shadowbringers would show up here.

Ah well, I have resigned myself to the fact that this account will never be at 100% trophy completion. But the gloves are now off.

I'm guessing it's gonna be clear Pandaemonium Normal, clear Pandaemonium Savage, then possibly the new treasure dungeon Excitatron 6000. Definitely weird to see unreleased trophies already up though lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I'm guessing it's gonna be clear Pandaemonium Normal, clear Pandaemonium Savage, then possibly the new treasure dungeon Excitatron 6000. Definitely weird to see unreleased trophies already up though lol

Yea, I forgot Pandaemonium is in 6.01 in couple weeks.  That Triple Triad trophy is going to be something else.  I was planning on grabbing all the cards for the mount from the last patch, but then I spent an hour trying to get the Sapphire Weapon card from the guard in Terncliff.

20 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

Yea, I forgot Pandaemonium is in 6.01 in couple weeks.  That Triple Triad trophy is going to be something else.  I was planning on grabbing all the cards for the mount from the last patch, but then I spent an hour trying to get the Sapphire Weapon card from the guard in Terncliff.

Dude some of the NPCs are absolute cheaters lol. When you think you have it they pull some bullshit on you in the end and you lose. Doesn't help the fact that some of the drop rates of cards from NPCs are abysmal. 

Also, some cards are drops from the relic bosses in Eureka (Pazuzu in Anemos, Louhi in Pagos, Penthesilea in Pyros and Provenance Watcher in Hydatos then you have 2 more cards from other NMs). Barely anyone runs Eureka these days so if you haven't gotten those cards it's gonna be challenging to do unless you can get some group going.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

From a long time player since 2013, having done TT collection ad hunts since the beginning, i more than enjoy seeing those added. But for a player starting from scratch, I can understand that it seems nearly impossible to complete. Just think about a long term grind, most of it will come naturally, grind it chunk by chunk.

Its aimed to people playing the game for years.

If they start adding stuff like that, maybe one day we'll see fishing log, sightseeing logs, etc ?

Edited by Martinofio

Most TT cards drop from content, then you can challenge NPCS to get more, you'll get the majority of them through packs or NPCs.

Some of them had tricky conditions (rare drop, old content, tournament, etc etc) and got "nerfed" because the tend to add them to a NPC rewards pool.

Anyone knows yet if you can complete requirements on PC version then log into your character and pop trophies for lvl 90,  TT and sightseeing log ? How does that worked for previous similar trophies ?

Does the game just check ingame achievement and pop completed ones ?

4 hours ago, KondeBra said:

TT cards means that you have to farm dungeons/trials/raids/fates, complete a good chunk of side quests, all beast tribe quests, etc.

This is a kind of "do 100% of the game" type of trophy.

you can also just wait a few years, they add new cards with every expansion for all the new monsters and characters

2 expansions from now the game could have 500 cards, so 340 isnt that hard by that point (unless they then make a 500 cards trophy lol)

1 minute ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

So what's the problem with that trophy? They add cards with every single patch. 

Yeah, after looking more into it I'm realizing it won't be as long as I originally thought. As long as it stays at just the 344.

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah, after looking more into it I'm realizing it won't be as long as I originally thought. As long as it stays at just the 344.

Not entirely out of the picture that future expansions can have updated Triple Triad trophies which is what annoys me but it's still not that bad.

Now if they add a trophy for catching every fish... I mean I'll still persevere but like I pointed out earlier some fish only spawn after a few days IRL (which on top of that, may or may not be locked behind a certain weather) and when they do spawn you only have like 5 minutes or something to catch them. Easily gonna be the rarest trophy in this game, even if they add Ultimate trophies since more and more people are doing them (which is fantastic!) due to increased engagement on Ultimate content on Twitch. I mean I usually enjoy fishing in RPGs but MMO fishing is a whole other level of patience for me lol.

One lesson this trophy list taught me though is that SE can be quite creative in terms of which in game achievements it chooses to convert to trophies. The long wait between the final patch and the next expansion can be filled in by doing whatever else you haven't done in the game. Whether it's collecting all tank mounts, getting Blue Mage raids done, crafting and gathering every item, getting all DoH/DoL relics, it's all fair game now and I think that's wonderful. I certainly will be chipping away at my fishing log throughout 6.x that's for sure...

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

100L2f8172.png

This is not even close to accurate. Five or Six people is more than enough to do the world boss fates. As long as you have a healer and a tank then you should be fine. 

• Like 2