DC Games or Marvel Games?

rhyperiorx

DC or Marvel Games?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. DC or Marvel Games?

Every game I listed was for the PS3.

I already put a "sources" link if anyone wanted information on those games 

Just noticed this was on the list. If we're including this, I'd like to change my vote to Marvel, since I absolutely love their Vs. Series games. Outside of those games, you can refer to my first post here.

I already put Marvel Vs Capcom. 

Edited by rhyperiorx

......Anyhoo, although I'm a Marvel man 'till the end, the Batman games tip the scale towards DC.

BUT, if we're talking outside of PS3 (every console etc...), it's Marvel by a landslide.

Almost only because of the awesomeness that is Maximum Carnage (SNES):

maximumcarnage_zps489c094a.jpg

• Like 1

Lol, the MvC series is pretty special. But one could argue that MvC is pretty much Marvel's only saving grace. 

You're probably right, since Batman: Arkham has the action-adventure genre on smash. Marvel hasn't produced anything remotely close, and really only has the Vs. area secured with Marvel vs. Capcom since both franchises make quality shit movie games (for the most part, since I did like The Amazing Spider-Man).

You're probably right, since Batman: Arkham has the action-adventure genre on smash. Marvel hasn't produced anything remotely close, and really only has the Vs. area secured with Marvel vs. Capcom since both franchises make quality shit movie games (for the most part, since I did like The Amazing Spider-Man).

The amazing spider-man was good. I think for action-adventure genre, RockSteady probably wins among fans. Even tho I love Injustice and MKvDC, I have to give this to Capcom for fighting games.

Edited by rhyperiorx

DC Games for sure, though mostly due to the Arkham Series. I also enjoy Injustice far more than Marvel vs Capcom... But I'm also a Mortal Kombat over Street Fighter kinda guy.

Though I've yet to play Spiderman: Edge of Time and I've heard great things about that title.

rocksteady have managed to pull off some special games with batman and there was speculation that they want to try somethin with another DC superhero, possibly superman... im not sure it would work though cause everythin would have to revolve around different types of kryponite and the sun...

rocksteady are also big wolverive/hulk fans but i reckon if they did do a marvel superhero game then they should do spiderman, if they somehow did their hands on spidey and used the same sort of arkham game mechanics- then it would make for an unbelievable MARVEL game!...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

Poll added with permission from the OP. 

Also, keep it calm guys. Expressing different opinions is fine, attacking other members because they have a different opinion is not. We're mature enough to discuss without all the bull, right?

Parker

• Like 3

rocksteady have managed to pull off some special games with batman and there was speculation that they want to try somethin with another DC superhero, possibly superman... im not sure it would work cause everythin would have to revolve around different types of kryponite and the sun too, i reckon if they somehow got their hands on spidey though and used the same sort of game mechanics- then it would make for an unbelievable MARVEL game!

Superman is actually pretty easy to work with. They could make a game surrounding Superman's life from a youth boy crashing on earth to a teen and finally becoming a hero everyone have grown to love. The reason why games like that don't come out is because everyone makes he all powerful with no real weakness expect the obvious and no development or story telling in the game. To be honest, I think Superman deserves a break and a new comic book hero can step into the spotlight. Maybe a Joker game explaining his dark nature or a Justice League game with how they all came together? 

The fact that you left out X-Men Origins:Wolverine,but put Superman Returns & Green Lantern makes this thread pointless IMO.

The only DC games I like are the Arkham series,LEGO Batman 2,and Injustice.

Marvel have these awesome games:

X-Men Legends 1 & 2

Marvel vs series

X-Men arcade game

Ultimate Spider-Man

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Spider-Man (PS1)

The fact that you left out X-Men Origins:Wolverine,but put Superman Returns & Green Lantern makes this thread pointless IMO.

The only DC games I like are the Arkham series,LEGO Batman 2,and Injustice.

Marvel have these awesome games:

X-Men Legends 1 & 2

Marvel vs series

X-Men arcade game

Ultimate Spider-Man

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Spider-Man (PS1)

I already said that people can put down any other game if they wanted. 

Edited by rhyperiorx

Even tho I love Injustice *snip*

I also enjoy Injustice far more than Marvel vs Capcom... 

I did not like Mortal Kombat vs. DC, but I have been very curious about Injustice.

As someone who typically sticks to Capcom's fighters and having never played a Tekken game or some of the more technical fighters, what would you compare it to and do you think I'd enjoy it as a fighting game? As a comic fan (nerd?), I'm sure I'd really enjoy it in that regards, as I like playing as comic characters.

I did not like Mortal Kombat vs. DC, but I have been very curious about Injustice.

As someone who typically sticks to Capcom's fighters and having never played a Tekken game or some of the more technical fighters, what would you compare it to and do you think I'd enjoy it as a fighting game? As a comic fan (nerd?), I'm sure I'd really enjoy it in that regards, as I like playing as comic characters.

Being honest here, Injustice is like a re vamped MK9 and more better than MKvDC.  

I'm a fan of both, but have to go with DC. The Arkham series, Injustice, and DC Universe Online are 3 of my favorite comic book games.

From Marvel, I really only enjoyed the Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends games.

Side note: I'd love to see Marvel get a fighting game like Injustice.

if it wasn't for the Arkham games I'd choose Marvel... Marvel has more of my favourite characters... But sadly I've yet to find a really sensational game from either franchise... Except for the Arkham games... I do like the free roam on the spider-man games...but yeah once you throw the Arkham games into the mix...there's no competition

• Like 1

Being honest here, Injustice is like a re vamped MK9 and more better than MKvDC.  

Yeah, I'd agree with this for the most part. Reminds me of MK9 the most and it being a NetherRealm Studios title that definitely makes sense. However there are still some notable differences (other than it being about superheroes). There isn't a dedicated block button like in MK games (you move backwards like in 90% of fighting games) and overall to me the controls seem easier; I found the timing sytem to be pretty generous in Injustice compared to other fighters. Way easier to string combos, etc. There are also things like level-based interactive objects, level transitions, and clashes that add new dynamic to the fights. They're not solely about button input, where you're standing becomes pretty important in terms of whether you should be more agressive or guarded (this is true with any fighter anyway really but moreso with Injustice).

Im a big DC comics fan, and have never really connected with Marvel in comics, so admittedly I came into this thread wanting to support DC anyways, but Jesus, when you see the games listed out like that, I can't imagine ANYONE voting marvel, DC just runs away with it. Injustice, the Arkham games, the Lego games (the marvel one on vita was the worst lego games in a long time)

Also, remember to now include The Wolf Among Us - Fables is a Vertigo (DC) series.