Bugs!

SageGameReviews

Encountered a few bugs already - 

- Circle randomly disappears when bowling so you have no idea where you are aiming

- Game crashed multiple times on PS5 while playing career mode 

- While bowling, input for timing of jump and release hasn't registered an input resulting in a no ball/free hit

- Trophy for playing a Hundred game didn't pop after playing a hundred game (no sim)

Ill update the list if I encounter any others or feel free to quote and add more yourselves. Hoping all these issues get patched out. 

I'm trying to enjoy it but it's hard to...after winning a T20 tournament for my initial team and having my, completely emotionless coach utter the immortal inspiring words 'That was brilliance from you all, well done' for the 4th time before walking off equally emotionless with my slightly confused player in the background, I went to meet the local press who asked me how it felt losing to (opponent) (it doesn't even have the team name!). 

The crashing has stopped to a degree but I have little confidence in being able to enjoy this game or the trophies popping beyond what I've already got. 

Clearly rushed to get it out in time for the Ashes, serves me right for buying on release day I guess. Shame as I have enjoyed the Ashes Cricket and Cricket 19. 

Edited by Artty44
  • Like 1

Patch 009 downloaded today. 

The game crashes for me after every team talk (every team talk also takes place with a different team to the one I've just played the game with) and during the initial Hundred draft in Career mode. Took about 8 tries to get through that. 

The win the men's or women's ashes in Ashes mode trophy didn't pop for me despite winning the Ashes against a human player. Presumably this must be done vs the computer or it's bugged. Similarly, I've ran more than 500 runs between wickets in all game modes and this is yet to pop. 

The Studio apparently said that 'the game will be like the game you'd expect from Big Ant Studios before Christmas' so my advice is don't bother until then. Lot of hours ploughed into this so far and not getting the appropriate return on my investment

I'm also on Patch 009 and the crashing has increased significantly. I had minimal issues with crashing prior but now it's after all team talks, often when loading leaderboards and it's 50/50 when loading matches.

I've submitted video and photo evidence of some trophies to the developers, so I'll wait to see what Big Ant respond with. Fingers cross it improves after Christmas. 

I did submit a ticket to the developers regarding the trophies not popping, they responded relatively quickly 

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this on to the development team for their consideration as they continue to support the game via patches and so on. Please continue to update the game as we release new patches to address these issues. 

• Like 1

I'm done with this for now. Game remains broken. 

I've scored 5000 first class runs in 32 inninngs and can't get called up to England squad. I've won 25 matches in a row and the 10 matches in a row trophy won't pop. I've run about 900 runs between the wickets and the 500 runs between the wicket trophy won't pop, was top of the T20 slam leaderboard and the 'top of any individual performance leaderboard at the end of a t20 league tournament in career' and that didn't pop either. 

Never buying a Big Ant game again.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone playing this, there are 4 trophies that currently are unobtainable and 1 which despite achieving the requirements for, hasn't popped putting it in the 'buggy at best' category, I've raised a ticket with the developers in the hope that some guidance can be provided or glitches fixed. 

The 5 trophies are :

'Sponsored Content' - I've been playing the game for 19 days and at no point have I earned a sponsorship despite playing for several nations for considerable periods of time. 

'Unbeatable' - I've won more than 10 games in a row multiple times and have yet to unlock this trophy. This is the one I'm classing as buggy as 0.3% of Steam users have apparently unlocked it and 0.01% of PS users according to the PS trophy %. I don't know how this is unlocked and no members of this site have unlocked it.

'Successful Campaign' - I have played and won both the Men's and Women's Ashes and this trophy has not unlocked. I didn't simulate any games the trophy did not pop.

'League Legends' - I have completed the CPL and this trophy has not unlocked. I played and won all games as the Barbados Royals and the trophy did not unlock. I didn't simulate any of the Barbados Royals matches.

'Seasoned Performer' - I've completed and been top of several T20 leagues in career mode and this trophy has not unlocked. 

Big thanks to Berkatronn who has helped with some of the others but I'm stuck at 68% and will move on to other things until the trophies start to pop for people. Seeing as it's xmas day today, I don't know when the next patch will arrive and if it will solve the issues but if I hear anything I'll update on here.

Edited by Artty44
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Moisturemanager said:

I’m pretty sure the game is broken, I’ve been playing since launch and still haven’t popped the 500 runs trophy or the catch one. 

Such a shame that the devs keep releasing games that clearly are not ready 

From what I could tell, the trophy was recently patched and seemed like only runs or catches made after patch 1.012 count toward the respective trophies. 

16 minutes ago, HeyaBen said:

Are these Cricket games fun if you don't know much about the sport?

Not fun if you don't know what to do. You will need someone to guide you with most of the rules first.

Edit: Grindy but super easy plats, though.

Edited by dev2610

21 hours ago, drjcauser said:

Where is the trophy cabinet in career mode? I can’t seem to get the ‘stocking the shelves’ trophy.

Any help much appreciated. 

As far as I could surmise, there wasn't a physical trophy cabinet or an area you could go to view them. I just played through career mode winning each match and being top scorer and it popped. It should be fairly easy as you can set the difficulty to 'easiest' and you can quit the game if you get out and reload to before you got out and continue your innings. 

It may be an area in a future update as they are still fixing bugs etc

53 minutes ago, TLittle1212 said:

Are these problems ever going to get fixed because it’s still 0% on the platinum and some trophy’s?

We don't know. I have platted both Ashes Cricket and Cricket 19 by the same company so it's the first time I've experienced these issues with them. 

I have raised 3 tickets with the company and the status is still 'being processed'. 5 players on this website (me included) have achieved 68% of the trophies. 5 appear to, at this point, be unobtainable on both PS4 or PS5 whose names are below. They did release patch 1.000.014 on 3rd of Jan. As of last night, the below still appear unobtainable (though 2 of them have a 0.01% earned rate) to the majority of players.

I'd encourage you to raise a ticket with them to highlight the problem and hopefully expedite a solution.

https://support.bigant.com/support/tickets/new

Seasoned Performer (0.00% of players have achieved)
Be top of any individual performance leaderboard at the end of a T20 League Tournament in Career.

League Legends (0.00% of players have achieved)
Win the tournament trophy playing as a team in BBL, WBBL, The Hundred or CPLT20 modes

Successful Campaign (0.00% of players have achieved)
Win the Men's or Women's Ashes in Ashes Mode.

Unbeatable! (0.1% of all players have achieved)
Win 10 matches in a row.

Sponsored Content (0.1% of all players have achieved)
Get your first sponsor in career mode.

Edited by Artty44