Oblivion Walker still bugged?

Sardavanua

A bug has existed in Skyrim for years where the Mask of Clavicus Vile won't count towards the Daedric Artefact total. I don't know if it always happens (although I believe having Dawnguard installed is what can cause it, which is mandatory in the SE and the AE) but you're probably best just to get both Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine in the Ill Met By Moonlight quest to be safe anyway. It's Bethesda so I wouldn't be surprised if the code was just copied and pasted over. The bug could very well still exist.

• Like 1

I just got Oblivion Walker about an hour ago. I actually haven't progressed the main quest far enough to get the Oghma Infinium yet, but I did get every other daedric artifact, including both the Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine. So it looks like it just counts 15 total (and I did get the Masque), so if you get both the hide and the ring, there's 16 possible artifacts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, Tyrannius said:

I just got Oblivion Walker about an hour ago. I actually haven't progressed the main quest far enough to get the Oghma Infinium yet, but I did get every other daedric artifact, including both the Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine. So it looks like it just counts 15 total (and I did get the Masque), so if you get both the hide and the ring, there's 16 possible artifacts.

I can confirm this, as that is exactly what I did to get my trophy (I don’t have the ohgma infinium yet, and I got both the saviors hide and the ring of hircine).

Edited by Kefka1986
Typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine popped no problem but I saved the Hide/ring till last but I only needed the one 

just make sure the mission count goes up after every quest in the stats page and you should be fine! Leave Ill Met by moonlight till last just incase or get both items 

I’ve had no issue with this trophy on PS3, PS4 or PS5 versions 

• 2 weeks later...

I got this trophy on PS5 yesterday and as far as I can tell there hasn't been any issues with this trophy since the PS3 version. I'll list a few problems that people had before just for clarity:

• The skeleton key is technically a daedric artefact but it doesn't count toward the trophy. This is true for every version of the game. Can confirm this as the skeleton key is always the first thing I collect and I still had to collect the other 15.
  • The Onagha infinium used to be bugged in the sense that if you read it before getting the trophy it wouldn't count anymore. I can confirm this has been fixed as I read the book on both VR & PS5 before getting 15 artefacts and still got the trophy.
  • The Ebony Blade would become unobtainable if you sided with the Stormcloaks and captured Whiterun in the civil war questline without getting it. Make sure you collect this item beforehand just in case or side with the imperials for the civil war quest.
  • Boethia's calling quest would often not start on PS3. This has been fixed, reach level 30 and head to Boethia's shrine and the quest will start automatically.
  • House of horrors would often not start on PS3 as the NPC outside the house in Markarth wouldn't spawn. This has also been fixed, reach level 15, fast travel to Markarth and you'll see the NPC outside the house nearby.
  • At the end of House Of Horrors where you have to kill the caged priest he would sometimes be too far to hit with the mace, they've now made it so you can just kill him with anything and it will still satisfy the quest.

To answer your question, no Hircine's ring never counted as a daedric artefact. Only the Saviour's hide that you get at the end of the quest does.

Also one more note, make sure Wabbajack is the last one you collect. The reason being you can make a save before you enter Palagius's mind and Sheogorath will give you Wabbajack at the very beginning of the quest which also pops the trophy. Once you have it you can just load up your save and be on your way, which saves about 20 minutes. Have fun. :)

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are good to go with this version.  I had saved a Daedra's Best Friend quest in my log from the PS4 playthrough which gives you the Mask of Clavicus Vile which is the glitched item.  When I imported the save into the PS5 and completed the quest both Daedric Influence and Oblivion Walker popped so the game obviously counted it.