Any tips on getting "Advanced Slayer"?

tirol_terminator

Hey everyone,

just recently earned the platinum trophy and everything else accept from "Advanced Slayer". I have only been to the advanced boss once so far, tried a couple of times with downloading the safe file, but somehow was not able to beat him. Probably also tue to the kinda bad run I had in that game. Big lack of good items.

Would really appriciate if someone could give me some tips/tricks to achive those 100%.

When I was going for the Advanced Slayer trophy, I did my tries with both the Blessed Gun and Rainbow Run modifiers active. This helped me a lot. Since my gun was frequently changing due to the blessed gun, I could always got for passive/active items from the Rainbow Chests at the beginning of each floor. Sometimes, I would roll the Weird Egg which meant I didn't have to go through the Rat's layer (if you drop it in fire, it will hatch - feed it 4 junk)

You'd end up with runs where you pick up a lot of good passives and you're really strong. With this set up, I eventually had a run where I had really good items (especially clone) which helped me breeze through the game and comfortably beat the Advanced Dragun. 

To be honest, I never actually played rainbow mode. Heard about it a couple of times tho...
So its the time where I find out to start a run, and try and get this aswel. Sounds pretty easy how you describe it "which helped me breeze through".

Im sure it wont be that easy for me, but Ill keep trying.

@lightsout4378Which character do you recommend/which one did you prefere?

I tried to unlock the gunslinger but I am stuck on the Lich fight...

Dont know if its worth it to try and unlock him or just go for the trophy with a regular charackter?

I'd recommend using the Paradox! He starts off with a random passive, so you end up with an extra item that wouldn't have had otherwise. It can help :)

In my opinion, unlocking the gunslinger is more trouble than the trophy is worth. If you were able to get through Daisuke's trial without him, you should be able to beat the advanced dragun! You got this

• Like 1

Rainbow run really helps with this, not because it's very easy to become overpowered (although it is) but because it's by far the easiest way to get the goddamn Egg in the first place. Best outcome is to random into Gunther very early on and get the Egg a bit later on. Try to go into the Oubliette and the other secret floors, more floors means more Rainbow chests, which means more chances to get Egg. If you can get Platinum Bullets or other bullet upgrades they're usually very effective too.

Personally I use Bullet, the immunity to contact damage trivialises certain rooms and Blasphemy is a great starting weapon until you can get something else, provided you don't go below max health.

• Like 1

Hey guys, thx for the answers I got the trophy already in the meantime.

I first unlocked gunslinger and then had a perfekt run with him on rainbow mode (Egg, Clone, Black Whole gun).

I was not able to get the egg to hatch so I killed myself in the Bullet hell and restarted from the beginning.

Then decided to get the serpant through the rat fight. Did not take a single hit during every bossfight and neigther did during the Advanced Dragun fight.

Thx a lot again for the tip with rainbow mode. That was really a gamechanger.

Edited by tirol_terminator
  • Like 1