[Suggestion] Reputation for flagging illegitimate profiles

"Simple" suggestion: as a site predicated on the integrity of its leaderboards, introduce a Reputation score for contributors who flag illegitimate profiles. This reputation would be visible on the forum profile. Crude illustrative example -- not the expected end result -- w/ the Flag Reputation visible as the new purplish value:

psnprofiles-flag-rep.png

To prevent undue CRT headaches from flag "farming" abuse, the Flag Reputation could be calculated by something like:

• submit a flag: no change
  • submitted flag is approved: +1
  • submitted flag is denied: -5 (penalty for, purposefully or unknowingly, wasting CRT time)
  • submitted flag is disputed then lifted: -1

Intent is to encourage communal see-something-flag-something behavior (by ascribing a virtual reputation to it), and -- if there aren't already flag abuse protections in place -- accounts could have their ability to flag denied if they dip too negative (e.g., -25?).

Edited by sushi_thief
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, sushi_thief said:

"Simple" suggestion: as a site predicated on the integrity of its leaderboards, introduce a Reputation score for contributors who flag illegitimate profiles. This reputation would be visible on the forum profile. Crude illustrative example -- not the expected end result -- w/ the Flag Reputation visible as the new purplish value:

psnprofiles-flag-rep.png

To prevent undue CRT headaches from flag "farming" abuse, the Flag Reputation could be calculated by something like:

• submit a flag: no change
  • submitted flag is approved: +1
  • submitted flag is denied: -5 (penalty for, purposefully or unknowingly, wasting CRT time)
  • submitted flag is disputed then lifted: -1

Intent is to encourage communal see-something-flag-something behavior (by ascribing a virtual reputation to it), and -- if there aren't already flag abuse protections in place -- accounts could have their ability to flag denied if they dip too negative (e.g., -25?).

Terminology first for clarity: Member submit reports, all of which get reviewed by a Cheater Remover, who can convert them to flags.

The cheater removers are pretty aware of people and their track record in their submissions. 

Externally presenting their report reputation provides absolutely no value and only introduces a headache for moderation. 

• Like 3

I’d wager that even the people who do regularly snoop through people’s profiles to report on cheaters would object to having a public-facing ‘branding’ on their profile, identifying them as such.

It would hardly ingratiate them to the wider community.

Think of it this way - lots of people (in real life) like the idea of laws being enforced, and have respect for the people empowered to enforce those laws… 

…but that doesn’t mean they necessarily have any respect for those who grass people up to those law-enforcers.

There’s a reason informers are generally referred to as ‘snitches’, ‘rats’, ‘clipes’, ‘taddle-tales’ etc.

• Like 4

an alright idea but I feel it won't go well plus with how many cheaters are found and so on it would make it hard to see this working. Also if you think about it, the leaderboards is not the best at least this site one is not due to the fact that it cant pick up on all cheaters plus it is not like xbox where cheating on stuff like trophies and so on could get your ass kicked off of playing online plus there is no real rule or anything telling you what is called cheating other than hacking and so on. as some hardcore trophy hunters I met see using bugs and glitches as cheating. As well, as using in game cheats to help things go along.

Like for a good example I know a cheat in the game called Outward where if you put in your character name sonic. you get super speed as a run op in the setting menu letting you run about nearly as fast as sonic himself. This helps to cut down on a lot of things and can still be called cheating to some or better yet what I do a lot in games like dark souls. If a item can be dupped/ dropped into someone else game then back up my save drop all I got that is needed like say it is the sunbro group's medals the other player picks it all up then after that I back out and reload my save back into the game and keep repeating it till we got enough then I tell them to give it back to me I back up that save once the items are in my inventory then go into their game again then drop it and there you go done.

I did it a lot for borderlands with guns to dup for others as I found gun collecting in that game to be abit hard and once you find what is hard to get dupping it was a good way to help others out who wanted it. Looking at you cobra sniper it took me a lot of time to farm that gun.

But yeah I feel using in game cheats or glitches or bugs to be good and saves time and helps plus am using some glitches now for my try outs on mein laben for wolf 2.

Edited by Lonemankane

This is like a Prius drivers acting smugly as the rest of the blasphemous world drives by. Get over yourselves.  You don’t need bonus points for being smug. If you feel the need to turn people in, do so.  But to ask for a pat on the back to make yourself feel better is ridiculous. I don’t care for cheaters either. But I don’t need a fricking merit badge for turning them in. 

Here’s a hint - stop caring about the Leaderboards. They went irrelevant the day stacks for My Name is Mayo started showing up, 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Rewarding for being a snitch.  LMAO

Poor response from a CRT team member.  Way to set a higher standard and foster site ideas.  

I personally don't think this idea will work but dismissing an idea as member of the staff is in poor taste.

• Like 3

first of all: posting suggestions on this forum is useless. second: this is the stupidest suggestion I've ever seen posted here for the various reasons given. you shouldn't encourage a "witch-hunt" by the community in that way, it would only create more problems, I have a somewhat reverse view of that: people who keep mass reporting (there are some users who fall for that) or stalking and tormenting in disputes, should have their ability to report restricted, and the disputes section should be a restricted section for users authorized to post. false reporting should have a consequence, perhaps in restriction of that tool, and this would prevent false reporting spam.

49 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Hate to sound cynical, but ideas do get shot down quickly here

Jokes aside, it's still refreshing to see members of the community propose new ideas. Nothing personal @OP,  just having a laugh.

8 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Way to set a higher standard

Your standards should be pretty low if you're a Detroit Lions fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Jokes aside, it's still refreshing to see members of the community propose new ideas. Nothing personal @OP,  just having a laugh.

Your standards should be pretty low if you're a Detroit Lions fan.

That's your response?  Because I'm a Detroit Lion's fan?  Low hanging fruit my friend, please try harder before posting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

The Detroit Lion's put in a lot of effort but stink, you just...

I just looked up their record for this season (because I haven't followed American football in twenty years) and found that they indeed still stink.