Investing in the Future trophy with new upgrade system

DRMOGUERA

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work with the new gear system? It looks like before you could upgrade any piece of gear to a cap fairly easily, but this new system doesn't let you upgrade your gear until you have a stronger piece. Does this mean that the only way to "fully upgrade" gear is to get gear that is at the absolute highest level cap then upgrade something worse into it? Does anyone know what that cap is? 

Well, what I can say is that upgrading gear to the soft cap of 140 doesn't do anything for sure. Assuming that the trophy description holds, what you must do now is upgrade a piece of gear into the highest possible cap - I think the overall PL cap is now 175, which means the gear level now caps at 165. No one has gotten this far, however, since getting gear level that high will require multiple weeks of grinding Omega Level Threats and the Raid, which people are having trouble completing due to bugs and connection issues, let alone the fact that they are just difficult pieces of endgame content. They essentially turned a fairly easy trophy into the most difficult and time-consuming one in the game.

And that's a, in my opinion, fairly big assumption. I'm not sure they actually made any consideration for this trophy at all when overhauling the gear upgrade system. It seems more likely that once someone grinds that much the trophy still won't unlock, and this trophy is just impossible right now. It seems to me like a good compromise would be to change the trophy to just upgrade any piece of gear since you have to be fairly far along in the leveling system to do that now, but I have no idea how to communicate this to the developers at all.

Edit: I have made a post on an AMA with the devs regarding this issue, so if anyone else is interested in getting this addressed they can feel free to upvote and/or ask the same question: 

Edited by DRMOGUERA

On 07/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, DRMOGUERA said:

Well, what I can say is that upgrading gear to the soft cap of 140 doesn't do anything for sure. Assuming that the trophy description holds, what you must do now is upgrade a piece of gear into the highest possible cap - I think the overall PL cap is now 175, which means the gear level now caps at 165. No one has gotten this far, however, since getting gear level that high will require multiple weeks of grinding Omega Level Threats and the Raid, which people are having trouble completing due to bugs and connection issues, let alone the fact that they are just difficult pieces of endgame content. They essentially turned a fairly easy trophy into the most difficult and time-consuming one in the game.

And that's a, in my opinion, fairly big assumption. I'm not sure they actually made any consideration for this trophy at all when overhauling the gear upgrade system. It seems more likely that once someone grinds that much the trophy still won't unlock, and this trophy is just impossible right now. It seems to me like a good compromise would be to change the trophy to just upgrade any piece of gear since you have to be fairly far along in the leveling system to do that now, but I have no idea how to communicate this to the developers at all.

Edit: I have made a post on an AMA with the devs regarding this issue, so if anyone else is interested in getting this addressed they can feel free to upvote and/or ask the same question: 

If anything, the trophy is easier right now.

You don't even have to upgrade your gear. You can easily get to level 150 by just looting stuff.

As for now I am level 148 just by looting gear during my missions.*

I think the soft cap is way higher now. I'll update you when I get the trophy (probably today or tomorrow), but from what I see, I don't think there is any problem :)

2 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

If anything, the trophy is easier right now.

You don't even have to upgrade your gear. You can easily get to level 150 by just looting stuff.

As for now I am level 148 just by looting gear during my missions.*

I think the soft cap is way higher now. I'll update you when I get the trophy (probably today or tomorrow), but from what I see, I don't think there is any problem :)

This trophy is not about reaching PL 150. You are right that the soft cap is now higher, it is 140. Before you would need to upgrade 130 gear to 140, then the Exotic Artifact would give you the final 10 levels to reach 150. Reaching 150 has never been easier.

This trophy is about upgrading gear to its maximum level though - the way it works now (if it works at all in terms of this trophy) is completely different and requires you to get OLT or Raid gear of 165 then upgrade a weaker piece of equipment into that PL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRMOGUERA said:

This trophy is not about reaching PL 150. You are right that the soft cap is now higher, it is 140. Before you would need to upgrade 130 gear to 140, then the Exotic Artifact would give you the final 10 levels to reach 150. Reaching 150 has never been easier.

This trophy is about upgrading gear to its maximum level though - the way it works now (if it works at all in terms of this trophy) is completely different and requires you to get OLT or Raid gear of 165 then upgrade a weaker piece of equipment into that PL. 

Oh yeah I totally misread everything lol
Yeah ok I understand now. 
Is there any official information about what's the max level now ? Is it 165 ?

I get why you doubt the fact that this trophy is even working right now :/

So just as an update for anyone who checks in later, it looks like the devs skipped over this issue in their AMA, so no clue on when or if they will ever address this. I'm actually even more convinced that this trophy is just unobtainable now - if you go into your gear locker and look at any piece of gear you can actually see that the old upgrade system is still intact (140 gear says its ready to go up to 141 and has 10 levels it can be upgraded to) you just can't interact with it at all.

Does anyone know if it's possible to play an earlier version of this game off a disc or somehow download an earlier patch? That might be the only real option to get this for the foreseeable future.

23 hours ago, DRMOGUERA said:

So just as an update for anyone who checks in later, it looks like the devs skipped over this issue in their AMA, so no clue on when or if they will ever address this. I'm actually even more convinced that this trophy is just unobtainable now - if you go into your gear locker and look at any piece of gear you can actually see that the old upgrade system is still intact (140 gear says its ready to go up to 141 and has 10 levels it can be upgraded to) you just can't interact with it at all.

Does anyone know if it's possible to play an earlier version of this game off a disc or somehow download an earlier patch? That might be the only real option to get this for the foreseeable future.

Still no news ?
I've tried the raid but how can you farm them when people disconnect non stop, so sad :/

So if this trophy description/requirement remains as is.. the only way to get this now is to first grind out the OLT/Raid events till you get a 150 Power level gear drop. Assuming if you have the artifact +10.. that makes you elgible for Elite version of the raid.. The elite raid then drops 165 level gear..  this plat just got even more grindier.. and not to mention much much more difficult.. since these raids and OLT events are no joke

FYI I found a solution for the trophy :)

Did this on the PS5 version !

I just got the trophy with the solution of OjamaX.

Here is what i did :

Put my actual save on the cloud

Delete my save from the console

Deactivate auto syncronisation for the save

Delete de game from the console
Put the bluray and blocked the downloads for the new versions

Started a newgame on campain mode

Played until you can upgrade your gear (1-2 hours approximatively)

Trophy popped :)

1 hour ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Could you provide what exactly is required to max out the upgrade and what exactly you upgraded so we can pop this asap I'm new to the game still figuring stuff out and finding every guide kinda extreamly vague

9 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Could you provide what exactly is required to max out the upgrade and what exactly you upgraded so we can pop this asap I'm new to the game still figuring stuff out and finding every guide kinda extreamly vague

If you start a new game with the old version of the game, the game will explain to you how to upgrade early on.

Just chose a gear and upgrade it as soon as you have the materials for it !

7 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

If you start a new game with the old version of the game, the game will explain to you how to upgrade early on.

Just chose a gear and upgrade it as soon as you have the materials for it !

I'll probably do that after I finish my first run of the campaign before I stay the "online" grind thx for the info

13 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Thanks for the info , going to try this, - Cant believe we have to resort to this but ah well :)  

Question from me those "Put the bluray and blocked the downloads for the new version " < How do u do this? 

13 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

As i have the ps4 disc but i downloaded the ps5 version, - so i assume this will not work 

Edited by BlindEagles

Any Advice? I have the PS4 Version on Disk, so I install it while being offline and end up with Version 1.0 and no Downloads in the background.
But when I start the game I always get the message "A newer version of the application is required to play. Please download the latest update to continue"

Is there no way to start the PS4 Version on 1.0?

On 16/12/2021 at 4:21 PM, BlindEagles said:

Thanks for the info , going to try this, - Cant believe we have to resort to this but ah well :)  

Question from me those "Put the bluray and blocked the downloads for the new version " < How do u do this? 

As i have the ps4 disc but i downloaded the ps5 version, - so i assume this will not work 

When i put de bluray in, I have some download that are starting, I just pause them.

I don't know if it will work on the PS5 download, try to see if there is any files downloaded in addition to the game itself.

2 hours ago, Dark-Doomblade said:

Any Advice? I have the PS4 Version on Disk, so I install it while being offline and end up with Version 1.0 and no Downloads in the background.
But when I start the game I always get the message "A newer version of the application is required to play. Please download the latest update to continue"

Is there no way to start the PS4 Version on 1.0?

I have the same message but on PS5 i can ignore it and start the game anyway

It wont let me go pass the message where it says i need the newer version to play if i try to reinstall from the disc. Am i missing something?

On 12/17/2021 at 11:06 AM, joshlabrioche_ said:

When i put de bluray in, I have some download that are starting, I just pause them.

I don't know if it will work on the PS5 download, try to see if there is any files downloaded in addition to the game itself.

I have the same message but on PS5 i can ignore it and start the game anyway

34 minutes ago, SethHulc said:

It wont let me go pass the message where it says i need the newer version to play if i try to reinstall from the disc. Am i missing something?

If I recall, you couldn't access anything in the original version of the game unless you were online. It wasn't until later patches that you could play it offline.

7 hours ago, SethHulc said:

Yeah, not sure how Josh managed to reinstall the launch version and get into the game. 

"Those who purchase a physical copy of *Marvel’s Avengers* will need to connect to the internet one time in order to download the game’s Day One Patch. The patch is approximately 18GB in size. Those who purchase the game digitally will receive the patch along with the game’s initial download.     

After the day-one patch download is complete, an internet connection will not be required to play the game solo, although as mentioned above, you’ll need an active internet connection to play online co-op, and to download post-launch content including new heroes, new missions, and new regions for free."  

So bad news for the PS4 Version, whereas the PS5 Version released later and probably already includes the Day 1 Patch on the disc and that's why Josh can play it 

6 hours ago, Dark-Doomblade said:

"Those who purchase a physical copy of *Marvel’s Avengers* will need to connect to the internet one time in order to download the game’s Day One Patch. The patch is approximately 18GB in size. Those who purchase the game digitally will receive the patch along with the game’s initial download.     

After the day-one patch download is complete, an internet connection will not be required to play the game solo, although as mentioned above, you’ll need an active internet connection to play online co-op, and to download post-launch content including new heroes, new missions, and new regions for free."  

So bad news for the PS4 Version, whereas the PS5 Version released later and probably already includes the Day 1 Patch on the disc and that's why Josh can play it 

That's exactly it.

A friend of mine tried on the PS5 download from the PS4 disk version, doesn't work either, it seems to work only for the PS5 disk version

Edited by joshlabrioche_