Investing in the Future trophy with new upgrade system

DRMOGUERA

So i ran the Raid and Elite Raid a number of times to finally get the 165 Power Level gear which is the new max cap. But upgrading an old piece to 165 did not pop the trophy for me. Its either glitchy like all the trophies in this game or un-obtainable on the latest patch.

Edited by SethHulc
Extra details

According to the guide, this trophy is unobtainable because the upgrade prompt for level 140 gear is missing.

If you try to upgrade gear under level 140 the highest it will let you upgrade to is 140  as I tried to upgrade gear to 142 and it would not let me.

I don't know if this is a bug or a design choice so you can trash your old 140 gear and farm for raid gear instead but either way it's a silly oversight.

I'd rather wait for a fix before purchasing the disk PS5 version (I only have the PS4 disc version but upgraded to PS5 digitally) or downgrading the patch. 

Has anyone tried reporting this issue to Crystal Dynamics?

4 hours ago, SethHulc said:

So i ran the Raid and Elite Raid a number of times to finally get the 165 Power Level gear which is the new max cap. But upgrading an old piece to 165 did not pop the trophy for me. Its either glitchy like all the trophies in this game or un-obtainable on the latest patch.

How did you manage to upgrade a piece of gear to 165? There's no UI prompt for it.

On 25/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, joshlabrioche_ said:

Yes it is with my method

I can confirm that the trophy is obtainable legit.
You must farm, but its obtainable

How?

52 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

According to the guide, this trophy is unobtainable because the upgrade prompt for level 140 gear is missing.

If you try to upgrade gear under level 140 the highest it will let you upgrade to is 140  as I tried to upgrade gear to 142 and it would not let me.

I don't know if this is a bug or a design choice so you can trash your old 140 gear and farm for raid gear instead but either way it's a silly oversight.

I'd rather wait for a fix before purchasing the disk PS5 version (I only have the PS4 disc version but upgraded to PS5 digitally) or downgrading the patch. 

Has anyone tried reporting this issue to Crystal Dynamics?

How did you manage to upgrade a piece of gear to 165? There's no UI prompt for it.

How?

You need to equip the piece of gear you want to upgrade and then press R2

40 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

You need to equip the piece of gear you want to upgrade and then press R2

Yep, I know  (I did it a few times when I was levelling to level 140) but I just realised that it won't show the 'upgrade gear' prompt if you don't actually have an item in the inventory that can be consumed and upgraded to. I simply thought the UI prompt would always be there but if you try to upgrade it will give a fail message saying 'no items to consume' or something. Maybe that's why the guide maker thinks it's unobtainable?  It will take several weeks, maybe months, sure, but it's not "unobtainable".

Then again, SethHulc is saying that they tried to upgrade to 165 but no trophy popped. Have you tested this yourself? Does the gear have to be level 100 exactly to count as a full upgrade or can any power level gear over 100 count?

22 minutes ago, RolandMate said:

Why 2 players got it at 24th of December when it should be unobtainable?

They got it by downgrading the game to version 1.03 which is the only way to do it at the moment (I tried but i guess i was not doing it right since it never started downloading that patch).

You can see the explanations earlier in this very same topic.

4 hours ago, Silentium said:

They got it by downgrading the game to version 1.03 which is the only way to do it at the moment (I tried but i guess i was not doing it right since it never started downloading that patch).

You can see the explanations earlier in this very same topic.

Then it means it is not unobtainable, right? What about PS4 disc version with internet turned off meaning it will install not updated version?

The PS4 disc version (I have that one so I can confirm) will not start at 1.00 since there is a mandatory day one patch unfortunatelly (When you press start it will say that you must update). That is why you must use the downgrade option to download that said patch. So in theory it is obtainable, yes.... Just not the right legit way, yet, as seems to be confirmed by SethHulc above. 

27 minutes ago, Silentium said:

The PS4 disc version (I have that one so I can confirm) will not start at 1.00 since there is a mandatory day one patch unfortunatelly (When you press start it will say that you must update). That is why you must use the downgrade option to download that said patch. So in theory it is obtainable, yes.... Just not the right legit way, yet, as seems to be confirmed by SethHulc above. 

Hmm, it may be glitched for 1 player. Maybe more players will earn highest level items so they can confirm...

14 minutes ago, RolandMate said:

Hmm, it may be glitched for 1 player. Maybe more players will earn highest level items so they can confirm...

Exactly. We need more people to test this out to confirm.  We have no idea how SethHulc actually "upgraded" the item i.e. whether they did it correctly as per the new trophy requirement.

People are too quick to throw out the 'unobtainable' tag the moment a trophy becomes harder or longer.

On 26.12.2021 at 9:52 PM, SethHulc said:

@SethHulc can you move gear item into locket and check there if it's 10/10 upgrades?

Because it's still here. so if this thing is 10/10 and trophy didn't pop, it would be a glitch, otherwise unobtainable, i'd say

2 hours ago, iCherkasik said:

@SethHulc can you move gear item into locket and check there if it's 10/10 upgrades?

Because it's still here. so if this thing is 10/10 and trophy didn't pop, it would be a glitch, otherwise unobtainable, i'd say

Good point. My 142 gear (which I upgraded to from 140) says 0 of 10 so not sure what that's about.

4 hours ago, iCherkasik said:

Yeah the locker viewer i think still shows the old upgrade system that was in the game.. just another example of this game devs being proper trash at their job … 

On 12/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Exactly. We need more people to test this out to confirm.  We have no idea how SethHulc actually "upgraded" the item i.e. whether they did it correctly as per the new trophy requirement.

People are too quick to throw out the 'unobtainable' tag the moment a trophy becomes harder or longer.

I tried upgrading all sorts of gear.. epic legendary.. exotics.. from 140 to 165

On my next character i am farming now i will try and do an upgrade from 100 to 165 and confirm if it works.. or maybe a 130 to 165.  Will post when i have had the chance to test it out

Also to add, i reported this to square enix support and all i got in return was that they have forwarded this to the devs and waiting on hearing back from them

3 hours ago, SethHulc said:

Yeah the locker viewer i think still shows the old upgrade system that was in the game.. just another example of this game devs being proper trash at their job … 

I tried upgrading all sorts of gear.. epic legendary.. exotics.. from 140 to 165

On my next character i am farming now i will try and do an upgrade from 100 to 165 and confirm if it works.. or maybe a 130 to 165.  Will post when i have had the chance to test it out

Also to add, i reported this to square enix support and all i got in return was that they have forwarded this to the devs and waiting on hearing back from them

I see. Thanks for testing this; much appreciated.

Does it say 10/10  on your 165 upgrade gear?

Also, how are you able to farm it so fast as I thought that co op mission only spawns once a week, or have you found a way around that? I'm gonna try and test this out as well but I'm not eligible for the raid and the Omega mission is gone from my quest log on my highest level character.

6 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I see. Thanks for testing this; much appreciated.

Does it say 10/10  on your 165 upgrade gear?

Also, how are you able to farm it so fast as I thought that co op mission only spawns once a week, or have you found a way around that? I'm gonna try and test this out as well but I'm not eligible for the raid and the Omega mission is gone from my quest log on my highest level character.

Use this.. and u can bypass weekly reset.. as for farming DM me if u are interested can forward u discord invite which has lfg channels and u can run 3-4 raids in a day easy if u get a good group.. and have decent gear

And i will check next time i load into the game on how the new 150+ level gear shows up in locker

• Like 2

On 30/12/2021 at 5:21 AM, SethHulc said:

Use this.. and u can bypass weekly reset.. as for farming DM me if u are interested can forward u discord invite which has lfg channels and u can run 3-4 raids in a day easy if u get a good group.. and have decent gear

And i will check next time i load into the game on how the new 150+ level gear shows up in locker

Sure. I'm level 160 now so at a decent power level for the raid. Only thing is I don't know the mechanics of the raid so will have to learn it.

12 hours ago, iCherkasik said:

Found some info in reddit thread from support. They say that it's impossible to get this trophy now, so don't waste your time getting 175 gear if you don't want it

Link?

I haven't seen anything confirming that it's impossible?

The problem is not enough people have tested the new gear system. I can't get into the raid as it crashes every time I do.

I've resorted to just buying the PS5 disc and playing without updates but need to get the 50 hives trophy out of the way first.

I have gotten almost all my characters to 175.. and upgraded all sorts of gear .. 103-165

130-165

140-165

epic legendary exotic.. everything.. the trophy wont pop. Devs needs to patch it so it still isn’t looking for the old gear upgrade mechanic. 

37 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Link?

I haven't seen anything confirming that it's impossible?

The problem is not enough people have tested the new gear system. I can't get into the raid as it crashes every time I do.

I've resorted to just buying the PS5 disc and playing without updates but need to get the 50 hives trophy out of the way first.

Where do u event get the ps5 disc for this?

1 hour ago, SethHulc said:

I have gotten almost all my characters to 175.. and upgraded all sorts of gear .. 103-165

130-165

140-165

epic legendary exotic.. everything.. the trophy wont pop. Devs needs to patch it so it still isn’t looking for the old gear upgrade mechanic. 

I ordered mine from ebay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SethHulc said:

130-165

140-165

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X2RGFWX/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_G6TEJ32SN3F3SH32FP71

• Like 1