Investing in the Future trophy with new upgrade system

DRMOGUERA

8 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Link?

I haven't seen anything confirming that it's impossible?

The problem is not enough people have tested the new gear system. I can't get into the raid as it crashes every time I do.

I've resorted to just buying the PS5 disc and playing without updates but need to get the 50 hives trophy out of the way first.

This is almost first link if you'd try to Google before saying "not enough people got 175"

And raid is not buggy, it's working fine for me. And also this thread was reminded in this forum Q

7 hours ago, iCherkasik said:

This is almost first link if you'd try to Google before saying "not enough people got 175"

And raid is not buggy, it's working fine for me. And also this thread was reminded in this forum Q

Um, it is buggy. It crashes for me at the matchmaking screen. I've never been able to get into one. The raid being buggy is a well known issue; it's even in the guide. That's the nature of bugs - some will encounter them, others won't.

And also, just because that person said SE said there's no solution doesn't mean there won't be one further down the line. Either way it's best to just get the PS5 disk just in case.

Hi All

For those who are wondering, you can downgrade the PS4 digital version of the game to v1.03. I just did this and got my trophy, no need to buy a physical copy. I followed the instructions from the link "dakk55" posted on page 2 of this discussion. If you follow the tutorial you should you get the download started that is 57GB, then you know it's the correct version. A seperate download might start that will show "v1.57 update", you can just pause or delete it. Once your download is done, just disconnect your ps4 from the internet then you can play offline.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

"Impossible"heh. Anyway, even if they do fix it will probably mean getting to 165 which means trying to enter the buggy raid so, nah, still doing the disk workaround. 

Outside of spending hours of raiding to get to 165 on something you'd also have to spend money on PS+ to do it unless they eventually patch in some method to get to 165 without the raid which I don't see happening for quite a while. So it's either downgrading your patch and getting to Hulk's segment to upgrade an Uncommon three times in like two hours without any need for PS+ or spend the next several months or so paying for PS+ and grinding the raid to 165 when they do end up fixing the requirement and patching out the time skip exploit.

Edited by soliunasm
Grammar.

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Can anyone post. Step by step of how to do the downgrade on PS4 swell as who is best to use to do the upgrade and what I need to do it in the quickest easiest way possible?

There is only one way if you have the digital version and that's this one: 

If you have the retail version, just uninstall it, then disable your PS4/PS5's internet connection so the patch doesn't redownload. From there, just follow the Trophy Guide and upgrade your gear as normal.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There is only one way if you have the digital version and that's this one: 

If you have the retail version, just uninstall it, then disable your PS4/PS5's internet connection so the patch doesn't redownload. From there, just follow the Trophy Guide and upgrade your gear as normal.

I thought the PS4 physical didn't come with the ability to play offline it forces a patch to play

12 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I thought the PS4 physical didn't come with the ability to play offline it forces a patch to play

AFAIK, you can play the retail version offline without the patch, at least if I'm interpreting other posts correctly in this thread.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

35 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Only on PS5. PS4 version requires v1.03 patch.

So I guess my question Stands can anyone provide step by step instructions on how to get my physical disc game to I guess v1.03

The info provided above tells me how to get a digital game to v1.0 but I need a physical game at v1.03

39 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Only on PS5. PS4 version requires v1.03 patch.

In that case, I stand corrected :).

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So I guess my question Stands can anyone provide step by step instructions on how to get my physical disc game to I guess v1.03

The info provided above tells me how to get a digital game to v1.0 but I need a physical game at v1.03

Try this one then, it's essentially the same thing - just with a different program but you will need to know the patch link for the desired update (orbispatches.com should have it): 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Can anyone post. Step by step of how to do the downgrade on PS4 swell as who is best to use to do the upgrade and what I need to do it in the quickest easiest way possible?

Go to this exact post.

I just

1. Backed up my save files and then deleted them off my machine.
  2. Started up Charles.
  3. Used ipconfig to find my local IP.
  4. Had my PS4 go through the steps to connect via the proxy and made sure it worked and allowed it through Charles.
    • It asks you if you want to allow it once you try to connect to it the first time. Once you do it'll let your PS4 through after that.
  5. Uninstalled the game.
  6. Stuck the disk in and allowed it to begin downloading the latest patch.
  7. Found the .json because Charles shows current incoming urls in flashing yellow.
  8. Once I found the .json I paused the patch.
  9. Followed the steps to map the remote URL to it.
  10. Deleted the patch off the PS4 and manually "Check for update" on the game.
  11. Saw the patch was 10GB indicating I did it properly.
    • It will still say the patch is 1.57 but it's not, pay attention to the filesize. Charles will also show 1.03 in the URL and it will constantly download it while the 1.57 urls will have giant red Xs on them in Charles.
  12. After 30 minutes the free trial of Charles times out and will error out your PS4 download so I closed Charles, opened it back up, and once it was up resumed downloading.
  13. The second time it timed out it just kept downloading the patch normally instead of erroring out and didn't bump it up to 1.57 so it was all gravy but I restarted Charles and paused the patch anyway just to make sure it kept denying the 1.57.
  14. Once completed I turned off the internet through settings.

After that just do the campaign until you unlock the Hulk. Mash O through every cutscene you can and rush through everything. Hulk will forcibly gain an uncommon fist equip and enough Nanites to upgrade it, it'll force you to upgrade it once, then you just kill stuff and explore for strongboxes or material boxes to break and upgrade it two more times. Took me less than two hours after getting the patch downloaded.

Edited by soliunasm
More info.

Tried to start the disk version offline with my save file but it would just crash at the start as expected - never thought my save file with all the DLC and online stuff would be compatible but was still a tiny bit hopeful I wouldn't have to star from scratch. Had to delete the save off the console (have it backed to the cloud). Also, it’s funny seeing what the game was like before all the updates.  The UI is very strange and the graphics and presentation are not nearly as sophisticated. Frame rate in cutscenes drop constantly and I’m playing on performance mode. Just goes to show that, for all the early complaints and bad press the game got, the devs did make improvements throughout the year. Playing as Thor and Cap with trash basic stats and no gear is annoying. Can’t wait to get this plat out of the way so I can get back to my level 50 characters and power level 160 plus glass cannon builds ?

3 hours ago, soliunasm said:

Go to this exact post.

I just

1. Backed up my save files and then deleted them off my machine.
  2. Started up Charles.
  3. Used ipconfig to find my local IP.
  4. Had my PS4 go through the steps to connect via the proxy and made sure it worked and allowed it through Charles.
    • It asks you if you want to allow it once you try to connect to it the first time. Once you do it'll let your PS4 through after that.
  5. Uninstalled the game.
  6. Stuck the disk in and allowed it to begin downloading the latest patch.
  7. Found the .json because Charles shows current incoming urls in flashing yellow.
  8. Once I found the .json I paused the patch.
  9. Followed the steps to map the remote URL to it.
  10. Deleted the patch off the PS4 and manually "Check for update" on the game.
  11. Saw the patch was 10GB indicating I did it properly.
    • It will still say the patch is 1.57 but it's not, pay attention to the filesize. Charles will also show 1.03 in the URL and it will constantly download it while the 1.57 urls will have giant red Xs on them in Charles.
  12. After 30 minutes the free trial of Charles times out and will error out your PS4 download so I closed Charles, opened it back up, and once it was up resumed downloading.
  13. The second time it timed out it just kept downloading the patch normally instead of erroring out and didn't bump it up to 1.57 so it was all gravy but I restarted Charles and paused the patch anyway just to make sure it kept denying the 1.57.
  14. Once completed I turned off the internet through settings.

After that just do the campaign until you unlock the Hulk. Mash O through every cutscene you can and rush through everything. Hulk will forcibly gain an uncommon fist equip and enough Nanites to upgrade it, it'll force you to upgrade it once, then you just kill stuff and explore for strongboxes or material boxes to break and upgrade it two more times. Took me less than two hours after getting the patch downloaded.

Thank you I'll try this soon my computer is not so great and hasn't been used in awhile so I'm hoping I can get it to do this and hoping I have the basic comprehensive skills to understand what to do it looks simple enough though

Hey everybody.

Just a heads up. Got the trophy today with a PS5 disk version.

As others mentioned here, i deleted game of 1st playthrough and save files, went offline and re-installed the D1 patched disk without further updates.

The old upgrade system was there after about an hour of intro gameplay.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

So stupid question I've just downloaded the free upgrade PS5 version (I have a PS4 disk), I'm guessing I'll be screwed for this trophy until they fix it 

Not really the biggest issue as I'm only just starting out so it would a while before I'm close to the platinum anyway 

Could delete the patch and play on PS4 until you get it, while staying offline

Edited by JNSpradlin

I have another question about this trophy turns out I played a few hours of the PS4 version before the PS5 upgrade was released when it first came out and totally forgot about it and I have this trophy on the PS4 trophy list, I also have both my PS4 and PS5 save data on the same PS5 console 

My question is if I saved my PS5 save data to a memory stick, then deleted it from the console would I be able to load the PS4 save in the PS5 version and auto pop the trophy, then delete my PS4 save and reload my current PS5 save and carry on from where I am 

Edit: just realised to option to save to USB is only available for PS4 games 

Edit 2: I've got the trophy using save migration and kept my PS5 save, was so worried I'd end up saving over it with a PS4 save with barely any progress 

Edited by Thomas2400
  • Like 1