any order to do the dlcs in?

melodicmizery

going to my backlog im sort of lost in this game i got the goty edition. does one dlc make any other dlc easier or it doesnt matter? i see some trophies about grinding the werewolf so i dont know if i should start that dlc first and i can level up over the course of the other dlcs or just skip it till last because it seems boring

Dawnguard is a little bit easier in terms of the enemys.  So would go wirh that. Then Dragonborn.  The last DLC with the houses are optional. 

For the Vampire,Werewolf skilltree. If you play dawnguard you can go for the vampire one. 

After that you can cure yourself from it and become a werewolf. 

• Like 1

I'm currently working on 100%ing Skyrim. I was basically brand new to the game, so I don't know if there is a best order, but here is what I did and it worked. 

I played the base game up until I was going nearby Windhelm with Delphine to look for a dragon burial site. Outside of Windhelm, I found a boat that would take me somewhere. I rode it and found I was in the Dragonborn DLC area. I stayed there and completed the whole DLC. I didn't struggle much except for on a dragon before final boss. When I left, I just had two trophies left. One for riding 5 dragons which was just done as I encountered dragons naturally. The other one was to craft something from Stahlrim, which you need smiting to be up to 80 for that. 

After leaving the Dragonborn DLC, I was quite wealthy and had great items, so I went ahead and started working on the Hearthfire DLC. It was completed quickly since I had all the resources I needed to buy my way through it. All that crafting got my smithing up to about 60 as well. So I made a bunch of iron daggers, as is tradition, and got to 80 and made a set of stahlrim armor and weapons. 

Then I went and did the story portion of Dawnguard. It was pretty easy. I became a vampire lord when it was offered and whenever I went into a dungeon I used the special form and drained everyone to kill them. By the end of the DLC i was pretty close to having all vampire talents. As soon as I got the trophy for vampire lord, I went and worked with The Companions from Whiterun until I got the choice to be a werewolf. Once I did that, it was pretty easy to get the body count while taking down forts for the imperial vs storm cloak war. I have just one dlc trophy left which is for killing a legendary dragon but I need to get to roughly level 80 before those appear in the game. I'm level 50 at this point so I have some grinding to do. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I'm currently working on 100%ing Skyrim. I was basically brand new to the game, so I don't know if there is a best order, but here is what I did and it worked. 

I played the base game up until I was going nearby Windhelm with Delphine to look for a dragon burial site. Outside of Windhelm, I found a boat that would take me somewhere. I rode it and found I was in the Dragonborn DLC area. I stayed there and completed the whole DLC. I didn't struggle much except for on a dragon before final boss. When I left, I just had two trophies left. One for riding 5 dragons which was just done as I encountered dragons naturally. The other one was to craft something from Stahlrim, which you need smiting to be up to 80 for that. 

After leaving the Dragonborn DLC, I was quite wealthy and had great items, so I went ahead and started working on the Hearthfire DLC. It was completed quickly since I had all the resources I needed to buy my way through it. All that crafting got my smithing up to about 60 as well. So I made a bunch of iron daggers, as is tradition, and got to 80 and made a set of stahlrim armor and weapons. 

Then I went and did the story portion of Dawnguard. It was pretty easy. I became a vampire lord when it was offered and whenever I went into a dungeon I used the special form and drained everyone to kill them. By the end of the DLC i was pretty close to having all vampire talents. As soon as I got the trophy for vampire lord, I went and worked with The Companions from Whiterun until I got the choice to be a werewolf. Once I did that, it was pretty easy to get the body count while taking down forts for the imperial vs storm cloak war. I have just one dlc trophy left which is for killing a legendary dragon but I need to get to roughly level 80 before those appear in the game. I'm level 50 at this point so I have some grinding to do. 

ah thanks for the reply. i hate when there are missable trophies in a huge game like this. i havent played since 2013 and my saves are all over the place but my character is pretty rad. im level 59 with tons of legendarys and items. i also remember now going into my home its filled with skulls all over the floor hahah. i remember now that everytime i saw a skull in the game i took it back to my home and tried to fill the house floor with them

i started dawnguard first. so far its been pretty easy. if you recall, how many levels did you gain roughly by doing all the dlcs?

15 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

ah thanks for the reply. i hate when there are missable trophies in a huge game like this. i havent played since 2013 and my saves are all over the place but my character is pretty rad. im level 59 with tons of legendarys and items. i also remember now going into my home its filled with skulls all over the floor hahah. i remember now that everytime i saw a skull in the game i took it back to my home and tried to fill the house floor with them

i started dawnguard first. so far its been pretty easy. if you recall, how many levels did you gain roughly by doing all the dlcs?

I started the DLCs at roughly level 18 and was in the mid-40s when I went back to went back to working on the base game. I just finished the war stuff for those missable trophies and I've done the Companions quest line and am at 52 or 53 currently.