The F1 Thread

Jeanolt

I didn't see any threads of the F1 so I created this one. Max and Lewis tied at the top with only one race left. Even with all the strange decisions, it's been a great season.

Feel free to talk about the F1 and anything related!

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HusKy said:

This season has been an absolute blast. Can' believe they are tied going into the very last race.

It's something that doesn't happen since the 70s. Hamilton has won the last championships easily so this was something neccesary to keep the hype for the sport. Max is giving his best and I hope he wins for once

• 2 months later...

According to Catalunya tests, new cars are certainly understeering more in slow corners. They grip up nicely in faster ones, but in fact, the cars that get the front working seem to have a big advantage. Interesting to see Red Bull and McLaren adopt a pull-rod front suspension, as both cars visibly (according to onlookers) looked like they had the best front end, which would serve them well in the first few races. It was unbelievable to see how slow the cars looked around the final sector of Catalunya in contrast to how they looked through Turn 9, for example. Will be curious to see if Alfa Romeo need to redesign their car, as the "porpoising" effect of the new cars seems to have hit them hardest, causing a hole in their chassis. This could just be a one-off issue. Judging from Day 1, Red Bull and McLaren look to be in front, with Ferrari and Merc behind. But it's only day 1-I could be massively wrong.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 2:14 PM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

What expectations do you guys have for coming season? Do you think it will be another nailbiter? Who's gonna compete for the championship?

That was really unexpected! Sad to see the Bulls end like that but at least Haas and Alfa made a really good race.

Ferrari and Bulls are still the favourites to win. I don't know if Mercedes will keep the pace.

Edited by Jeanoltt

17 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Gutted as an RB fan, but hey, 22 more races. Great to see Ferrari are back. And Haas. McLaren in shambles.

Yeah, it was the worst performance I've seen from McLaren?. I hope RB returns to the top, they showed today that they are still very fast, despite the engine problems.

• 6 months later...

This is so diametrically opposed to last year. He wins the championship on a last lap pass of Lewis after a season long battle, fireworks, screaming.

This time: "You're the world champion, congratulations." "Thanks.”

Edited by Merty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JTR_Asuka_ said:

This is so diametrically opposed to last year. He wins the championship on a last lap pass of Lewis after a season long battle, fireworks, screaming.

This time: "You're the world champion, congratulations." "Thanks.”

And your Red Bull  team cheated with overspending last year, but we’re just going to brush that under the rug. :facepalm:

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 2

On 13/10/2022 at 10:27 PM, PerryToxteth said:

And your Red Bull  team cheated with overspending last year, but we’re just going to brush that under the rug. :facepalm:

Cheating is a bit of a stretch lol. I mean they did surpass the budget but it wasn't a lot. The grid is the more balanced it has been in a long time, and there isn't a 1 second difference between one team and the rest like in the Lewis/Rosberg times.

Max is a deserved two-time world champion.

Edited by Jeanoltt

11 hours ago, JTR_Asuka_ said:

This isn’t relevant to my point, but thanks for chiming in. Keep the salt flowing.

Sorry, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

Next season should be more interesting as Mercedes should bounce back. They never competed this season. And maybe Ferrari can find success - if Ferrari doesn’t get in the way. 

21 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Sorry, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

Next season should be more interesting as Mercedes should bounce back. They never competed this season. And maybe Ferrari can find success - if Ferrari doesn’t get in the way. 

I think that would be asking too much. Maybe they just want to challenge the FIA for the title of most incompetent group? They still have a long way to go for that one though

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I think that would be asking too much. Maybe they just want to challenge the FIA for the title of most incompetent group? They still have a long way to go for that one though

Ferrari: Do you want medium or soft tyres. Question

Leclerc: Medium

Ferrari: Hard are faster than expected.

Leclerc: Okay but.. okay.

Ferrari: Copy. Gives wet tyres

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...