The F1 Thread

Jeanolt

19 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I’d say only one driver is creating the drama. Dude, you won the championship! Why are you harboring a grudge from 10 races ago??? 

As a Max fan, I still don´t understand why he did. By the way even if he did let Checo by, Leclerc would get the second place when he finishes Abu Dhabi in front of Checo. The chances of neither of them scoring points seem impossible. We´ll see. :)

• Like 2

That's it, season over. I am happy that Leclerc got second in the end. Verstappen is a very deserved champion this year but if Mercedes continues improving into the next year then it will be a very different season. Ferrari will keep messing up like they always do unfortunately.

Of course: so long Sebastian Vettel. I remember being at Spa in 2013 with at least 90% of the crowd booing him. After he started sucking, they started cheering him on again. What a strange world we live in.

Anyway, one quite important question for me: does this first season with the new ground effect cars give enough reason to finally abolish the atrocity that is DRS?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

On 16-11-2022 at 1:31 PM, BenjaminTiafoe said:

As a Max fan, I still don´t understand why he did. By the way even if he did let Checo by, Leclerc would get the second place when he finishes Abu Dhabi in front of Checo. The chances of neither of them scoring points seem impossible. We´ll see. :)

Brad Philpot's breakdown of Perez's "accident" is quite convincing in my opinion.

As far as Verstappen's reaction in Brazil, that's a very NASCAR-ish thing to do. "Okay, you can mess me over, but one day you will get it back."

I do not think that it is something that belongs in F1, but there you go.

The end. Max claimed the championship but these races mean something more since Vettel announced his retirement. Farewell to a legend, and a even better person. Thanks to him me & many more watch F1. Hamilton, Schumacher, Alonso, all names that defined this century and bring and end to this era.

YDO37zTbb_1200x630__1.jpg

Vettel retires with:

4x WDCs (4th all-time)

4x WCCs

53 Wins (3th all-time)

58 Pole-Positions (4th all-time)

122 Podiums

299 Races

Thanks Seb!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

That was a really good start for Alonso and AM. I hope the season isn't that boring with Max's dominance but he is just really good, and the car helps a lot. It's cool seeing another team in the upper field, and having Nando up there is beautiful, he looks happy again.

• Like 2

You can just tell that Fernando really enjoyed himself out there, and it was probably hugely satisfying to score a result like that almost on merit (assisted by Leclerc's retirement).

Red Bull are looking somewhat ominous again though, aren't they?

• Like 2