HR vs MR vs GL

I still need the Lunastra Large and Small Crowns. I have:

• 4 Reward Tempered HR Investigation (50 min, 2 players, 3 faints)
  • 1B/2S/2G Reward MR Luna Investigation (35 min, 2 players, 2 faints)
  • Level 7 Wildspire and Volcanic GL Regions

Which of these gives me the best chances of finding the Crowns?

I also need both Crowns for Silver Rathalos and the Small for Ruiner Nergigante and Blackveil Vaal Hazak; if anyone has any advice for those as well, it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

You should also consider ease of killing Luna. I would probably do the HR for that reason, especially if you are SOS'ing. My only other advice is to make a back up of your save file and reload it so you don't have to keep farming investigations. GL. I gave up hunting crowns in Iceborne because they are so fucking shitty (missing like 8 >.<).

19 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

You should also consider ease of killing Luna. I would probably do the HR for that reason, especially if you are SOS'ing. My only other advice is to make a back up of your save file and reload it so you don't have to keep farming investigations. GL. I gave up hunting crowns in Iceborne because they are so fucking shitty (missing like 8 >.<).

Yeah, obviously I can eat Luna on HR at this point, but I'm definitely willing to do the harder ones if it means a higher chance of getting the Crowns, I just don't know if the odds are significantly better in MR. And yeah, the save scumming is definitely a life saver; reloaded my Velkhana and Namielle Investigations like 20 times each when I was doing those.

Also, you should finish them! You're so close! 8 out of 52 Crowns is almost there, and that's not even counting the 60 Crowns you already grinded out in the base game! I believe in you.

3 minutes ago, JoocyMan said:

Yeah, obviously I can eat Luna on HR at this point, but I'm definitely willing to do the harder ones if it means a higher chance of getting the Crowns, I just don't know if the odds are significantly better in MR. And yeah, the save scumming is definitely a life saver; reloaded my Velkhana and Namielle Investigations like 20 times each when I was doing those.

Also, you should finish them! You're so close! 8 out of 52 Crowns is almost there, and that's not even counting the 60 Crowns you already grinded out in the base game! I believe in you.

Spent two months+ trying to get one crown (5-10 fights a night or so), nothing, just killed my spirit lol. Oh well. Maybe one day.

Yea. I would expect MR to be slightly higher than THR, but who knows.

Guiding lands is a good bet since you have infinite lives. Although you don't really control the monsters unless you have spawns in stock.

I'd stick with resetting your investigations as well as SOSing into random quests.

Also optional quests in MR have a crown chance unlike the HR ones. They are 2% for a mini and 1% for a large. This isn't really that viable, but it helps for certain rare monsters such as golden rathian and silver rathalos where you don't find investigations for often.

• 1 month later...

I got mine on HR since you could get Luna on HR, why bother with the stress. Measurement videos online are in Elder's Recess too so if you have investigations there, everything lines up really nicely. If you're working on World Monsters, I'd stick to HR where you can. 

Guiding Lands is great and all with the infinite lives, but Luna is relentless on MR difficulty. You'd be really burned out after the 5th one ngl.

• 7 months later...