The Game Awards 2021

SelectiveGamer

I don't see a topic for this so I guess I'll make one. I'm not sure where it belonged either so I put it here. But a mod is more than free to move it to where they think it belongs.

The Game Awards 2021 is coming up this Thursday and will begin at around 8 p.m. EST. Here's the website if you want more information I guess.

https://thegameawards.com/

But no one cares about who wins the 'awards' or whatever and that's not actually why I made this thread. Feel free to discuss that as well though if you wish to. The reason I made this thread... is for the gaming announcements/reveals. Obviously.

Geoff has really hyped it up this year more than previous years. He always hypes it up (rightfully so I guess) but he keeps saying that 'this year is definitely the year to watch' so to speak. He's teased '40-50' games being shown off with new reveals being in the 'double digits' and some of the reveals he claims is 'truly next gen stuff'

So I'm probably going to end up watching it but only for the reveals in case they show something I care about. In all honesty though... my expectation is, as always, that they will show absolutely nothing I care about at all.

My best case scenario is probably one of the following:

Final Fantasy XVI (release date?)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (from prior Nvidia leak)
Spyro 4 (unlikely due to ongoing Activision controversy)
Kingdom Hearts 4 (also unlikely due to the anniversary next year. Still possible though since Geoff said there would be some games shown off that don't have release dates until 2023)
Persona 6 (extremely unlikely. Atlus/Sega will likely save this for last for their 'year of Persona-related title' reveals they are doing)

Extremely unlikely and definitely not happening:

Digimon Survive or a new Digimon game entirely (lolyeahright)
Pokemon Legends Arceus with new reveals
Klonoa Remaster/Remake/whatever the f the trademark for it is finally revealed

So... yeah...

What do you hope is shown off/revealed for this year's Game Awards? What do you think will actually be revealed/shown off?

Talk about everything Game Awards related if you want to I guess.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

Rooting for It Takes Two to take GOTY doubt that, but can dream. Still hoping for Kena to take most Indie Awards. But from what happened last year. The player votes don’t mater. Since only 10% of votes count as the rest is just big journalist who actually decide. GOT should have won GOTY due to it winning Players Choice. But oh well.

hoping they show more Elden Ring, Horizon, and GoW. also hoping for a Dark Souls Remake like they did with Demons Souls.

mainly gonna watch for the announcements and the orchestra at the end.

Edited by SKiL_Clash

My only two two thoughts about the nominees:

1. The fact that Himan 3 isn't nominated for Best Game, shows they have no memory.

2. The fact that It Takes Two is nominated for Best Game, show they have no morals or integrity.

That is all.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I don't know why but there are actually people out there who seem to think Persona 6 is going to be one of the reveals.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love it and scream like a fangirl if it did. But it's just not happening. It makes literally no sense whatsoever. Atlus/Sega is going to likely save Persona 6 for last for their 'year of reveals' or whatever for the anniversary. That would make the most sense. Plus... they'd likely do it at their own stream/event. Like they did for Persona 5.

So please don't expect Persona 6 to actually end up being one of the reveals. but i'll still scream like a fangirl if it is revealed

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My only two two thoughts about the nominees:

1. The fact that Himan 3 isn't nominated for Best Game, shows they have no memory.

2. The fact that It Takes Two is nominated for Best Game, show they have no morals or integrity.

That is all.

Or it shows they (whoever "they" is I guess) have no taste. Since Hitman 3 is really the only game I bought and played this past year, my opinion is as valuable as a can of sardines, but I fail to see how a game that won Game of the Year for the Golden Joysticks Awards didn't even it nomination in any category (unless I missed one). 

Edited by pathtoninja
  • Like 1

New Sonic movie and game officially confirmed to be shown off at the event.

let's just hope the game is better than sonic forces

Also... the Persona thing is probably going to end up being stupid and pointless with literally no reason to exist whatsoever and be another fighter in the form of Persona 5 Arena.

I will never buy or support something like that. EVER.

Aw man, what's wrong with It Takes Two now?

I'm fine with reading the highlights after the show, but I'm not bothering to stream hours of press releases and milquetoast handwaving about "the games industry is under the spotlight right now." Hey Geoff, if you want people to think TGA is remotely independent and not just free advertising for game publishers, maybe the CEOs of Activision and Ubisoft shouldn't be on your advisory board. Just a thought.

• Like 1