Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (March 10, 2022)

ziggypossum

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla getting a new God of War-style expansion, claims leaker

It'll apparently offer over 40 hours of new content

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is reportedly getting a "God of War-style" DLC expansion.

The new claims come from Battlefield and Call of Duty leaker Tom Henderson, who this time is turning his attention to Ubisoft's huge viking RPG. Henderson claims, as you can see in the tweet below, that a huge expansion is in development for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, with a reveal possibly coming later this week at The Game Awards.

Additionally, Henderson claims that this forthcoming expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla will offer at least 40 hours of new gameplay for users. If this is accurate, it makes the new expansion far bigger than that of Wrath of the Druids and the Siege of Paris, the previous two DLC expansions for Valhalla, which launched earlier this year.

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-getting-a-new-god-of-war-style-expansion-claims-leaker/

Edited by ziggypossum
Release Date
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Copanele said:

And here I was praising the Siege of Paris DLC that it's short and sweet and the compact map actually improves the experience...now they hit us with the Ol' Faithful "40 hours of collectibles God of War style"

90f.png

This exactly. Just finished it and thought the "infiltration" missions were a great addition and more in line with earlier titles. And now they're going back to quantity over quality...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

What makes me really angry, is that I believe this DLC essentially cancelled a Chinese-inspired/set Assassin's Creed game.

No, the next AC was announced back in July, Assassin's Creed Infinity. It's a "live-service" game that will keep getting updates and will be set in different time periods.

So this is the same DLC that was announced a while back, there's just more information on it now. Pass.

16 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

No, the next AC was announced back in July, Assassin's Creed Infinity. It's a "live-service" game that will keep getting updates and will be set in different time periods.

So this is the same DLC that was announced a while back, there's just more information on it now. Pass.

No, there was information a while back stating that Infinity has been in development for a while and seems to always have new information tied to it daily (Co-op, multiple periods, free to play).

When it broke that there was a a second season pass for Valhalla to supplement a year for Assassin's Creed, half a year past and it was revealed that there was a concept to create a Chinese Creed game. In order to create "40 more hours of experience" the concept and creation for the new game was canned.

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yeah, since it’s basically a test run for AC Infinity. :P 

Pretty much. The only DLC I can think of that was that long in terms of story was Blood & Wine in The Witcher 3. That was worth the time and effort spent. This on the other hand, sounds like more bloated content and boring collectibles, neither of which interest me at all.

• Like 1