Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (March 10, 2022)

ziggypossum

Ok, I just got an headache.

First I find out there's more DLC coming, and that pisses me off because I was glad I could remove 100gb from my drive as soon as I was done with the trophies.

Now I see a Kassandra crossover.

WTF is this thing with Kassandra? Another DLC for Valhalla?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Dawn of RagnarökWntCIRx.png

Release Date: March 10, 2022

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök

Become the Norse god Odin as you embark on an epic journey through a realm of myth to save your son and in the face of the doom of the gods.

Price?

Wanna buy gold edition (good sale right now) but not sure if they'll make an ultimate edition with all included. 

• Like 1

I'm only dipping in for Kassandra. I'm not paying for that expansion next year, at least not at launch. especially as someone who purchased the gold edition. Learned my lesson. Let the beta testers sift through the inevitable bugs introduced and then I'll just roll in when it's all fixed.

According to patch notes they've fixed the game breaking bug in the Siege of Paris DLC in tomorrow's update. We'll see about that.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
*gold

Just now, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I'm only dipping in for Kassandra. I'm not paying for that expansion next year, at least not at launch. especially as someone who purchased the ultimate edition. Learned my lesson. Let the beta testers sift through the inevitable bugs introduced and then I'll just roll in when it's all fixed.

According to patch notes they've fixed the game breaking bug in the Siege of Paris DLC in tomorrow's update. We'll see about that.

What's the bug? I just landed in France 1 h ago...

1 minute ago, Doom said:

What's the bug? I just landed in France 1 h ago...

Oops , my bad. They addressed just ONE of the game breaking bugs in the Paris DLC which is the first mission to interact with Toka.

The patch notes don't explicitly state whether they have addressed SECOND game breaking bug in the DLC where you can't interact with Toka during the quest 'Majesty in the Dark', which is the one preventing me from completing the DLC.

Good luck!!!

4 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oops , my bad. They addressed just ONE of the game breaking bugs in the Paris DLC which is the first mission to interact with Toka.

The patch notes don't explicitly state whether they have addressed SECOND game breaking bug in the DLC where you can't interact with Toka during the quest 'Majesty in the Dark', which is the one preventing me from completing the DLC.

Good luck!!!

oh FFS... next assassin's creed game will be bought 3 years after release

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Good luck!!!

I dont have any bug with toka and i play these dlc at day 1 

4 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

I dont have any bug with toka and i play these dlc at day 1 

It was a bug that they apparently introduced with the tombs update so if you completed the DLC before then you were lucky.

Ironically, I assumed the DLC would launch buggy so decided to wait lol

Just goes to show that this game is so busted that there's never a right time to play it. 

Despite agreeing with the sentiment that the newer AC games are quite bloated and repetitive, I've still liked and sunk a ton of time into the last two for whatever reason. lmao

(Kassandra is a queen, though, don't @ me)

That said, however, I'm honestly glad that I've made it a rule for myself to finish Odyssey and its plethora of DLC before purchasing Valhalla.

I'd love to play the game, but considering how much it'll cost to get it + all DLC, I'd rather wait for it to go on sale or for some sort of "extra ultimate edition" to be released. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, the Kassandra thing is part of the Crossover Stories: two quests that will be added in updates tomorrow, one for Odyssey and one for Valhalla. The DLC itself, Dawn of Ragnarök, is coming on March 2022, will be paid and it's a separate purchase from the Season Pass (costing 40 bucks).

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

And poor Alexios was left home or is dead. 1f602.png

Yeah, the reason why Kassandra is being shown in these is because she's the canon protagonist... blame Ubi execs for thinking "women wouldn't sell", thus causing the need to have a selectable-gender protagonist in the first place and the ensuing confusion.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Just to clarify, the Kassandra thing is part of the Crossover Stories: two quests that will be added in updates tomorrow, one for Odyssey and one for Valhalla. The DLC itself, Dawn of Ragnarök, is coming on March 2022, will be paid and it's a separate purchase from the Season Pass (costing 40 bucks).

Does that mean they expect us to reinstall Odyssey? ?

xTIV7f0.jpg

Crossover Story

Launching tomorrow, this free DLC will be available to download and play with one story in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and one in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/13/assassins-creed-odyssey-and-valhalla-collide-in-crossover-stories/

Edited by ziggypossum

28 minutes ago, Doom said:

Does that mean they expect us to reinstall Odyssey? 1f615.png

Eh, it's just a quest. You can probably just watch it on YouTube or something if you don't feel like playing again. I personally will play it because I wanna check for myself and don't mind reinstalling.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, BestUsername---- said:

What makes me really angry, is that I believe this DLC essentially cancelled a Chinese-inspired/set Assassin's Creed game.

There has already been a mini Assassins Creed as part of the Chronicles trilogy set in China, I doubt there will ever be a full China based Creed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

And therein lies the problem. This is the first time in the franchise where Ubisoft has decided to separate DLC, at least story DLC, from the Season Pass. 

So basically, if I want the whole thing, I pretty much have to pay $120 for the Ultimate Edition, and then $40 for this titanic DLC. 

This is a far cry from the days where $59.99 was the first and final price point for a new AAA game. 

Likely this won’t be the final DLC, so I’m going to easily assume this entire game is going to take well over 200 hours before Ubisoft is finally done with it.

*sighs*

• Like 1