Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (March 10, 2022)

ziggypossum

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

And therein lies the problem. This is the first time in the franchise where Ubisoft has decided to separate DLC, at least story DLC, from the Season Pass. 

To be fair this dlc was never included in the season pass to begin with if you paid attention to the description. It clearly says you'll be getting wrath of the druids, siege of paris and some bonus mission which is exactly what we got. 

I'll never complain about a game being updated regularly or getting new content as long as it's good which they have been so far except for those buggy challenges. As for this one, it sounds pretty interesting so I'll keep an eye on it although I hope there's less collectibles lol. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

And therein lies the problem. This is the first time in the franchise where Ubisoft has decided to separate DLC, at least story DLC, from the Season Pass. 

Well, it is called SEASON pass, not ALL THE DLC pass.

If they support the game for multiple years, it stand to reason that they might want to issue more than 1 season pass.

It also might piss off players because they feel like they are being squeezed money time and time again if they want to have a complete experience.

But anyway, they should just have made this DLC a standalone game like they did with Freedom Cry for Black Flag.

People would have less problems buying a new game, instead of a new DLC.

Edited by Doom
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

To be fair this dlc was never included in the season pass to begin with if you paid attention to the description. It clearly says you'll be getting wrath of the druids, siege of paris and some bonus mission which is exactly what we got. 

I'll never complain about a game being updated regularly or getting new content as long as it's good which they have been so far except for those buggy challenges. As for this one, it sounds pretty interesting so I'll keep an eye on it although I hope there's less collectibles lol. 

Still, this is far too much. Even with the current price point for new PS5 games ($70 here in the United States) this is basically the equivalent of two new games plus some extra. Multiple season passes is a big problem, and that problem isn't going away because too many people are willing to shell out tons of money. Main reason why lootboxes are here to stay.

6 hours ago, Doom said:

Well, it is called SEASON pass, not ALL THE DLC pass.

If they support the game for multiple years, it stand to reason that they might want to issue more than 1 season pass.

It also might piss off players because they feel like they are being squeezed money time and time again if they want to have a complete experience.

But anyway, they should just have made this DLC a standalone game like they did with Freedom Cry for Black Flag.

People would have less problems buying a new game, instead of a new DLC.

They are being squeezed money. The days of paying for one AAA game are pretty much over. Of course, a good number of people will probably just play the base game and not bother with any of the DLC. This game however is already getting DLC that is simply just as long if not longer than the base game, whereas in the past DLC was merely something that was just added on to the actual game as a sort of expansion pack.

Valhalla is basically a corporate executives dream when it comes to live service. With as much Assassin's Creed as I've done, this will probably be my final game with Ubisoft as their idea of Infinity is enough to have me leave this franchise permanently.

So no, I'm not paying them $40 for this one DLC. Now we have hit the point where we have fully accepted multiple season passes, something that a generation ago would of been unthinkable.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 1:45 AM, AJ_Radio said:

This will definitely be my FINAL Assassin's Creed game. It was a good run, but I'm fed up with the quantity over quality approach. Before long, I reckon this game will take upwards of close to 200 hours to get EVERYTHING done, including the DLC. Those of us stuck using the old PS4s are going to suffer, but even PS5 users are probably moaning about a bunch of DLC that is well.... hit or miss.

Yakuza is looking far more promising and rich anyway, so... I'm not pleased Ubisoft.

I am so glad I stopped with Odyssey. 

Funny you bring up Yakuza as I literally bought the Origins and Remastered collections yesterday. Looking forward to diving into that series as it is always praised on this site but want to finish up Hitman 2 so I can free up some hard drive space.

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I am so glad I stopped with Odyssey. 

Funny you bring up Yakuza as I literally bought the Origins and Remastered collections yesterday. Looking forward to diving into that series as it is always praised on this site but want to finish up Hitman 2 so I can free up some hard drive space.

I presume clear the bandit camps got boring with you too?

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I presume clear the bandit camps got boring with you too?

Precisely. I did Origins 100% earlier this month and I literally was making surgical strikes to take out the captains/ commander and grab the chests. It got to the point where I was skipping all the dialog and just became something to do while listening to a podcast. The Hidden Ones DLC stood out but nothing else did. I'm glad I did Origins after Odyssey because it took half the time and had a better story. If I ever play another AC it will be the remastered games from 3 backwards. 

My sympathies for anyone trying keep 100% in Valhalla, it looks like they will keep content coming until their AC GaaS releases. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gatsby132star said:

VERY excited about playing this! Update looks magnificent. Players complaining can easily forfeit this expansion if you’re tired of this game nobody is forcing you to buy it, install it and play it.

Happy hunting my fellow AC fans!

Stupid logic to use here dude. People have as much right to give the alternate side of things. Everyone just agreeing with each other makes things boring, and I can tell you this website would be a hell of a lot more boring for that.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I really enjoyed Valhalla, so this is good news for me.

This probably should have been a stand-alone title instead of a DLC tho. I'm not very happy about the price tag, but if it's really 40 hrs of content, it's not unreasonable.

Given the length and price of this DLC ; is it known that you actually need to own the base game to play it or is it a stand alone DLC similar to Lost Legacy?

I think as long as the dlc is good and priced fair I am fine with it. I would never complain about dlc like from the Witcher or in the case of Diablo or even the legogames. What I don’t like is feelin forced to buy overpriced trash to get the 100% back^^
anyway I recently got the ultimate edition on sale and so far I like it. I used to be very strongly into Ubisoft games but the new watchdogs kinda didn’t speak at all to me and far cry 6 also doesnt. But if this dlc is good I am open to getting it. Espacially since if the rumours about the next „generation“ of ubigames are correct I will not play any of them anymore. Time will tell

There is also (at least in Europe) a physical release of the dlc with a code in a box and 4 lithographs.... So if you can look around you may be able to get it even cheaper than retail pricing (I'm getting it for about £28 which is still a lot but if its coming with a slipcover that fits the PS4 case I really won't mind as much as I like the dlc art) haven't started the game yet as want to finish the games I have in order (due to control scheme changes etc over the games) and then work on this when everything is released....could of sworn there was going to be 2 DLC's this year they said so yeah not happy about there being no SP2 if that is the case still but if its done well story and adapting norse mythology even deeper then I'm happy with that.

My negative ramblings ?: Not going to lie I think this is a waste of a box especially when the world is meant to be reducing its carbon footprint.... Even switch games with a code in the box I have an issue with but at least that's an actual game included though pointless at the same time, between things like this and NFT's I really think the gaming industry needs to wake up and stop being so wasteful one way or another but money is everything sadly.

618IhruZWBL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Edited by FrozenLionheart
Additional points.
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Just pre-ordered the new DLC. Has anyone confirmed if trophies will be added and what they will be?

Was wondering the same thing. I’ve been thinking, with the length they’ve said it’s going to be that maybe it’ll end up having a separate list, maybe something like Far Cry Blood Dragon? Just thinking.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, gatsby132star said:

Yeah not bothered mate. What’s the alternative side of things then? Ubisoft shouldn’t release expansion packs with extra trophies just because some players are tired of playing this game or find it too challenging to complete? I don’t think so pal.

Excuse me? You have no logic here to present. I've done every Assassin's Creed outside of Valhalla and Chronicles.

Maybe watch some YouTube videos and get an alternate view of things from some well established YouTubers before saying "Well, I just think players are simply tired of the games".