2K has confirmed shutting down servers on 31th December 2021

SaviorKIA

3 minutes ago, Raigz12 said:

Is it even worth it to start from scratch? Haha

jFYKQdU_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

it would be physically impossible to finish on time, even if you refrain from eating and sleeping.

7 minutes ago, Raigz12 said:

Is it even worth it to start from scratch? Haha

No. Added note in trophy guide about it earlier.

1 minute ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i am glad i never started it, how long till 2k21 goes offline

99% sure it will be 31th December 2022. 

This is one of the main reasons i'd never start a yearly franchise sports game. Sometimes trophies have you playing stuff by seasons as well, so you have precious few opportunities to obtain certain trophies, and by the time you've got another chance, the next game is due out so servers shut down for the previous.

Not to mention that is a really REALLY short warning time!

Sucks for all the people who don't have it done yet :( 

Just now, Ancestral_Spirit said:

This is one of the main reasons i'd never start a yearly franchise sports game. Sometimes trophies have you playing stuff by seasons as well, so you have precious few opportunities to obtain certain trophies, and by the time you've got another chance, the next game is due out so servers shut down for the previous.

Not to mention that is a really REALLY short warning time!

Sucks for all the people who don't have it done yet :( 

Everybody knew it's coming at the end of this year. It's standard 2K servers life time. This tweet is more a confirmation than announcement.

5 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

No. Added note in trophy guide about it earlier.

99% sure it will be 31th December 2022. 

thank you, is my career online also, i have the my career stuff on 2k21 to do still

22 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

thank you, is my career online also, i have the my career stuff on 2k21 to do still

It is, but you should be able to convert your save to an offline one, otherwise you'll have to start from scratch.

VC won't be available to be earnt anymore and you'll be earning MyCareer points instead.

I've been playing 2k17 to cleanup some missed trophies and I had to start from scratch.

Edited by kevinyang82

On 12/8/2021 at 6:18 AM, Raigz12 said:

Yeah I know, I was mainly joking, crazy that you still can't get it done in around a month. Screw yearly sports games man haha

With sports games, if you don't start it during it's release year, you're unlikely to get it done. The majority of the player base leaves for the new version.

Auction House to buy the cards is pretty deserted at the moment and the prices are crazy high.

31 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

With sports games, if you don't start it during it's release year, you're unlikely to get it done. The majority of the player base leaves for the new version.

Auction House to buy the cards is pretty deserted at the moment and the prices are crazy high.

I'm not fussed really, only got the game from PS Plus. Would have been a cool plat to have though

1 hour ago, Raigz12 said:

I'm not fussed really, only got the game from PS Plus. Would have been a cool plat to have though

Yeah, you don't really play these games to plat them haha. Especially with 2K and them shutting servers 2 years after release. Too grinding and stressful to do.

2K17 actually has 0 people achieve the platinum from this site.

10 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

It is, but you should be able to convert your save to an offline one, otherwise you'll have to start from scratch.

VC won't be available to be earnt anymore and you'll be earning MyCareer points instead.

I've been playing 2k17 to cleanup some missed trophies and I had to start from scratch.

thanks, as long as i can get the trophies offline , all the ones i have left is the my career, i try to end a trophy disconnected from the internet to test it out 

Edited by lucky0ne16

3 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

Only got 30 more cards to try get for Ultimate Collector, so it's going to be close lol. 

Have had no help from anyone yet, so this will be a good goal to achieve if I get it :D

Maybe buy some MT Points if you are not sure you get it on time :D Servers are closing, so people are probably selling a million for like 3-4$.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, tpepper1985 said:

Let me get this straight, in a game where the entire focus is flogging microtrnasactions, and resetting the game every year they also don't even wait two years before shutting down a game some players have potentially spent tens, or hundereds of dollars on?

They say "All good things must come to and end"

What a bunch of jokers, it's this sort of stuff that really makes me pity where the gaming industry is going, I hope I can continue to enjoy this hobby until I'm an old man but parts of this industry are just a lost cause at this point. Luckily sport doesn't interest me that much, but I really feel for sports fan who deserve better than this.

This game was released at the beginning of September 2019, so technically you get 2 years, 4 months.  Still not great.  EA Sports tend to keep their servers up longer than 2K for older versions.

As others have mentioned, sometimes certainly online trophies are tied to limited time modes and become achievable earlier than that.  That really sucks.  

The only trophy I am missing for 2K19 was for a special dodgeball event that did not even last a year (I got the game on sale late).

And for 2K21, I got the platinum for PS4 but there were limited time modes pulled early that prevents me from getting 2 trophies before I could get my hands on a PS5.  

In the end, it is a fun series and worth playing.  Trophies are fun but a secondary pursuit .  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 4:52 PM, kevinyang82 said:

Hold on, so this applies to 2k19 as well? And newer 2K titles? If so, how can you convert it to a offline save? The only time I was able to keep my MyCareer player was from 2k13 and that conversion happened automatically. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Hold on, so this applies to 2k19 as well? And newer 2K titles? If so, how can you convert it to a offline save? The only time I was able to keep my MyCareer player was from 2k13 and that conversion happened automatically. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

That was 2k recommendation for 2k18 and before.

Seems like 2k19 just turns into MyLeague with your player.

Will find out with 2k20 in a few weeks.