IIDRAGONSSSII

NEW and "100%" workable dupe method for offline mode (Tested on PS5)

52 posts in this topic

After read and tested all methos mentioned of this topic: 

 

I founded a NEW and "100%" workable method, tested and recorded from the very first step on PS5 whit version 1.011.000 at 12/7/2021.

 

Here is the video (Spanish), and all steps written. Check if it works your you

 

 

BEFORE START THE DUPE

 

1.- Put on Internet connection.

2.- Start game whit any character, any difficultd on act 5.

3.- Put all items you want to dupe ON YOUR INVENTORY.

4.- Move around town till you see ONE PENTAGRAM (Save symbol) on the corner of the screen.

5.- Pause, Save and Exit.

6.- Start game again and check if you have all the items on inventory. If correct, pause, Save + Exit.

7.- Wait till Pentagram dissapear on character screen, When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

8.- Do a backup of your game.

9.- TURN OFF INTERNET

 

NOW THE DUPE

 

1.- Start game whit the same character, you will be on act 5 allready.

2.- Run inside the town till pentagram.

3.- Pause, Save and Exit.

4.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN.

5.- WAIT ON THIS SELECTION CHAR SCREEN ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS AND YOU WILL SEE ONE MORE PENTAGRAM.

6.- Start the game, again you will be on act 5

7.- Go to chest, select second statch, and MOVE ALL ITEMS YOU CAN TO DUPE FAST. After move all wait about 10 seconds and you will see ONE PENTAGRAM. If you see the pentagram when you are moving the items IT WILL NOT WORK, YOU CAN'T LOSE A SECOND BETWEEN MOVING ITEMS.

8.- After wait the 5-10 seconds and see the pentagram, Pause, Save and Exit.

9.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

10.- Get inside the game and you will find your items in your inventory and in the chest.

11.- Now the game is glitched, you only need to repeat steps 7 to 10 (Put items in chest VERY VERY FAST, wait for the pentagram, save + exit, wait for the pentagram, brute close game)

 

Please someone try this method and say if it worked.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it working once in Act 2.

 

I was able to get it working a second time on Act 1. Took a few attempts but managed to get it working again.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a question. Can we store Diablo 2 dupeable version on an Nvme internal SSD and remove the drive, keeping it intact. Then go online sync trophies etc, then go offline and install the drive again? I don’t have an nvme so.. I can’t test.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Poison_Jester said:

So I have a question. Can we store Diablo 2 dupeable version on an Nvme internal SSD and remove the drive, keeping it intact. Then go online sync trophies etc, then go offline and install the drive again? I don’t have an nvme so.. I can’t test.

Good question, I went completely offline, but you should be able to test it on a regular external hdd too. Cold storage is supported since a couple firmwares ago. Just need to copy back to be able to play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RGSchmitz said:

Good question, I went completely offline, but you should be able to test it on a regular external hdd too. Cold storage is supported since a couple firmwares ago. Just need to copy back to be able to play.

Ps5 games supported on regular externals now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Poison_Jester said:

Ps5 games supported on regular externals now?

Yes, you can store them, but to play you need to transfer them back to internal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RGSchmitz said:

Yes, you can store them, but to play you need to transfer them back to internal.

So anxious to test this. I wanna keep this version offline forever for my fav game!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for much for this, I can get it to work 100% of the time. Was running p8 LK for a few days without a single HR, so I decided to cube up from... fals and kos lol. Now I'm up to cubing Ists, will be able to get infinite high runes within an hour or so.

 

I found that the first time you go to dupe, you have a bit more time to transfer the items before the save icon appears. When you try to repeat steps 7-10, you need to be a bit quicker. I could only do like 6 items consistently before it would save.

 

Also I'm doing it in act 3, I don't think the act matters I just think the closer you spawn next to the chest the better. Act 1 might actually be best but I haven't tried it

 

Ok of course after I post this, having done it 3-4 times through all the steps and dozens of times step 7-10, I'm having trouble getting it to work again despite following the same I've done before. Guess I'll just give it a break and try again later, still some bugs there it seems.


ANDDDD I got it working again. I checked the thread OP referred to and tried some different things, it seems the "set-up" is very important, and like it only saves every other time you see the pentagram or something (based on post by Solarus755, seems waiting for an extra pentagram to show up on the character screen if you are having trouble might fix it even if you follow the steps OP posted.) UPDATE AGAIN: The process of switching acts for the set-up seems to be important after I have been testing all day. You need to change acts before you save and start the duping if you have been on the same act for a long time.

Edited by Death__Bunny
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, Death__Bunny said:

it seems the "set-up" is very important, and like it only saves every other time you see the pentagram or something (based on post by Solarus755, seems waiting for an extra pentagram to show up on the character screen if you are having trouble might fix it even if you follow the steps OP posted.) UPDATE AGAIN: The process of switching acts for the set-up seems to be important after I have been testing all day. You need to change acts before you save and start the duping if you have been on the same act for a long time.

 

I also noticed this. I was duping items in act 1 normal. Starting with basic, low level, runes now have I have all high end runes needed for high end items and I am on Act 2 normal.

 

What starting duping for the day "set-up" was important.

 

Once I duped a few runes of higher level, I would start another round of dupes but from step 1 of the "Now to Dupe" section of OP. I didn't do the online, offline part each time I would start a new dupe process.

 

The key part that I observed was step 2-5 in the "Now to Dupe" section of OP. The pentagram described in Step 4, when saving and exiting the game didn’t always appear. If it didn’t, I would go back to step 2. If it didn't appear in town then I travelled between acts 1-2 until it did. Once pentagram appeared in step 4, pentagram in step 5 always appeared then almost every time, the dupe worked.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW PATCH TODAY! 12/14/2021

 

Get offline before start the game if you want to avoid the patch. If someone get it and can confirm it the dupe still working would be really appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IIDRAGONSSSII said:

NEW PATCH TODAY! 12/14/2021

 

Get offline before start the game if you want to avoid the patch. If someone get it and can confirm it the dupe still working would be really appreciated.

Yes, I just finished duplicating after patch.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xaber2k_PL said:

Yes, I just finished duplicating after patch.

 

Well, i tried it yesterday about 10 times and didnt get to work a single time.

 

Thanks for confirm it then :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tested today if duping still works. I manage to dupe items/runes etc without any problems. I noticed tho that as some ppl previously mention it is good to change acts if you sit too long in one. I did duping at act 1 mostly coz stash is very close. Anyway before last patch I went from 1 Pul rune till around 40 Veh and OHM. Now it seems harder thing is to find good base for runewords ^^ but today I found flail, made Hoto and duplicated it to see if it still working.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can also confirm it still works with new patch.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you dup things with the old back up save way? like you back your save up then join a friend drop all the loot then quit out and then redownload your save you backed up and you and your mate both have the things needed? like I know it works in games like dark souls 1 2 and 3. and worked in diablo 3 but not sure about it in this as yeah

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

can you dup things with the old back up save way? like you back your save up then join a friend drop all the loot then quit out and then redownload your save you backed up and you and your mate both have the things needed? like I know it works in games like dark souls 1 2 and 3. and worked in diablo 3 but not sure about it in this as yeah

 

This doesn't work because the D2R saves that you're backing up are strictly offline characters. Any online characters that could join a friend's game are stored on Blizzard's servers. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vextens said:

 

This doesn't work because the D2R saves that you're backing up are strictly offline characters. Any online characters that could join a friend's game are stored on Blizzard's servers. 

Ah I didn't know as this remaster has peeked my interest but yeah wondered if it is a lot like diablo 3 as I found a lot of the old tricks I did on other games like diablo 3 to be there and was just wondering if it is the same here too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rando-Calrisian- Are you able to confirm a step by step what you are doing to get this to work?

I have accidently duped an item but I can never get it to happen when I want.

 

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@IAmNotXJ9 I will clarify and expand on the OP and how am getting it working consistently. 

 

I had many issues getting it running. Then I couldn't get it working again. 

 

I have created a new character (offline hardcore necromancer) that I am using just for duping, he hasn't done any quests and is still in Act 1 normal. It is working consistently using the secondary character. I am unable to get the dupe working for my main paladin anymore after being successful a few times.

 

OP is below. My comments are in BLUE

 

BEFORE START THE DUPE

1.- Put on Internet connection. can already be on thats fine.

2.- Start game with any character, any difficulty on act 5. can be any act

3.- Put all items you want to dupe ON YOUR INVENTORY.

4.- Move around town till you see ONE PENTAGRAM (Save symbol) on the corner of the screen.

5.- Pause, Save and Exit.

6.- Start game again and check if you have all the items on inventory. If correct, pause, Save + Exit. You may or may not see a save pentagram the instant you press save and exit at this point. Not important

7.- Wait till Pentagram disappear on character screen, When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game. The save pentagram here is key. The one I mention above doesn’t matter I think, if you see it. You need to wait in the main menu character screen until you see this other one mentioned in point 7. At this point the game has saved all items properly.

8.- Do a backup of your game. Not necessary for dupe but good practice.

9.- TURN OFF INTERNET

 

The aim of this part is to get all items that are to be duped into the inventory of the character to be duped and the game to save everything properly. By save properly, I mean correct items in the inventory and the correct character as active. For example, when I start the "Now the Dupe" below, I want my secondary character (necro) to be the active character in the main menu and when I load him up, to see all items I want to dupe in his inventory.

 

 

 

NOW THE DUPE

 

1.- Start game whit the same character, you will be on act 5 already. can be any act

2.- Run inside the town till pentagram.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 1 If you don't see one, leave town, come back in, kill a few enemies. If nothing happens after a few minutes open close game.

3.- Pause, Save and Exit.

4.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. PENTAGRAM COUNT : 2 You must see a Pentagram the instant you press save and exit as the game closes. IMPORTANT. If you do not, go back to 2. Open close game, change acts and try again. 

5.- WAIT ON THIS SELECTION CHAR SCREEN ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS AND YOU WILL SEE ONE MORE PENTAGRAM.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 3 Now we have seen 3 pentagrams we can start duping. 

6.- Start the game, again you will be on act 5

7.- Go to chest, select second stash, and MOVE ALL ITEMS YOU CAN TO DUPE FAST. After move all wait about 10 seconds and you will see ONE PENTAGRAM. If you see the pentagram when you are moving the items IT WILL NOT WORK, YOU CAN'T LOSE A SECOND BETWEEN MOVING ITEMS. I can move about 15 items comfortably before I see the save pentagram. If you are moving items when you see the symbol the item will not dupe. It can be any of the shared stashes (2nd, 3rd or 4th), not just the second.

8.- After wait the 5-10 seconds and see the pentagram, Pause, Save and Exit. I don't know if it is important but after I move last item I don't do any movement of joystick, I wait for pentagram to appear an disappear, them i press options, R1 to go to last tab then save and exit.

9.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

10.- Get inside the game and you will find your items in your inventory and in the chest. 

11.- Now the game is glitched, you only need to repeat steps 7 to 10 (Put items in chest VERY FAST, wait for the pentagram, save + exit, wait for the pentagram, brute close game) As described, repeat step 7-10 as many times as needed to dupe items. 

 

Seeing the three pentagrams as described in step 2-5 is the key I think. Before you start any duping do the "Before start the dupe" steps. So If I play with my main, then want to dupe, I start from the very top again.

 

***Continuous dupe example. Turning 1 Stone of Jordan (SoJ) into 300.***

This describes how I duped a single SoJ into 300. I didn't do the above steps 300 times, what I did was:

1) do the "Before start the dupe" steps.

2) do the "now the dupe" steps.

3) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 5 SoJ's.

4) start again at step 2 of "now the dupe" and dupe 5 SoJ's

5) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 15 SoJ's.

6) start again at step 2 of "now the dupe" and dupe 15 SoJ's

7) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 300 SoJ's filling the entire shared stash 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

 

The point of this example is that when I started duping again to go from 1 to 5, then 5 to 15 I didn't start from all the way at the beginning at "Before start the dupe", I could start from "now the dupe" steps.

 

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 05/01/2022 at 1:44 AM, Rando-Calrisian- said:

@IAmNotXJ9 I will clarify and expand on the OP and how am getting it working consistently. 

 

I had many issues getting it running. Then I couldn't get it working again. 

 

I have created a new character (offline hardcore necromancer) that I am using just for duping, he hasn't done any quests and is still in Act 1 normal. It is working consistently using the secondary character. I am unable to get the dupe working for my main paladin anymore after being successful a few times.

 

OP is below. My comments are in BLUE

 

BEFORE START THE DUPE

1.- Put on Internet connection. can already be on thats fine.

2.- Start game with any character, any difficulty on act 5. can be any act

3.- Put all items you want to dupe ON YOUR INVENTORY.

4.- Move around town till you see ONE PENTAGRAM (Save symbol) on the corner of the screen.

5.- Pause, Save and Exit.

6.- Start game again and check if you have all the items on inventory. If correct, pause, Save + Exit. You may or may not see a save pentagram the instant you press save and exit at this point. Not important

7.- Wait till Pentagram disappear on character screen, When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game. The save pentagram here is key. The one I mention above doesn’t matter I think, if you see it. You need to wait in the main menu character screen until you see this other one mentioned in point 7. At this point the game has saved all items properly.

8.- Do a backup of your game. Not necessary for dupe but good practice.

9.- TURN OFF INTERNET

 

The aim of this part is to get all items that are to be duped into the inventory of the character to be duped and the game to save everything properly. By save properly, I mean correct items in the inventory and the correct character as active. For example, when I start the "Now the Dupe" below, I want my secondary character (necro) to be the active character in the main menu and when I load him up, to see all items I want to dupe in his inventory.

 

 

 

NOW THE DUPE

 

1.- Start game whit the same character, you will be on act 5 already. can be any act

2.- Run inside the town till pentagram.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 1 If you don't see one, leave town, come back in, kill a few enemies. If nothing happens after a few minutes open close game.

3.- Pause, Save and Exit.

4.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. PENTAGRAM COUNT : 2 You must see a Pentagram the instant you press save and exit as the game closes. IMPORTANT. If you do not, go back to 2. Open close game, change acts and try again. 

5.- WAIT ON THIS SELECTION CHAR SCREEN ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS AND YOU WILL SEE ONE MORE PENTAGRAM.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 3 Now we have seen 3 pentagrams we can start duping. 

6.- Start the game, again you will be on act 5

7.- Go to chest, select second stash, and MOVE ALL ITEMS YOU CAN TO DUPE FAST. After move all wait about 10 seconds and you will see ONE PENTAGRAM. If you see the pentagram when you are moving the items IT WILL NOT WORK, YOU CAN'T LOSE A SECOND BETWEEN MOVING ITEMS. I can move about 15 items comfortably before I see the save pentagram. If you are moving items when you see the symbol the item will not dupe. It can be any of the shared stashes (2nd, 3rd or 4th), not just the second.

8.- After wait the 5-10 seconds and see the pentagram, Pause, Save and Exit. I don't know if it is important but after I move last item I don't do any movement of joystick, I wait for pentagram to appear an disappear, them i press options, R1 to go to last tab then save and exit.

9.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

10.- Get inside the game and you will find your items in your inventory and in the chest. 

11.- Now the game is glitched, you only need to repeat steps 7 to 10 (Put items in chest VERY FAST, wait for the pentagram, save + exit, wait for the pentagram, brute close game) As described, repeat step 7-10 as many times as needed to dupe items. 

 

Seeing the three pentagrams as described in step 2-5 is the key I think. Before you start any duping do the "Before start the dupe" steps. So If I play with my main, then want to dupe, I start from the very top again.

 

***Continuous dupe example. Turning 1 Stone of Jordan (SoJ) into 300.***

This describes how I duped a single SoJ into 300. I didn't do the above steps 300 times, what I did was:

1) do the "Before start the dupe" steps.

2) do the "now the dupe" steps.

3) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 5 SoJ's.

4) start again at step 2 of "now the dupe" and dupe 5 SoJ's

5) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 15 SoJ's.

6) start again at step 2 of "now the dupe" and dupe 15 SoJ's

7) repeat steps 7-10 of "now the dupe" until I had 300 SoJ's filling the entire shared stash 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

 

The point of this example is that when I started duping again to go from 1 to 5, then 5 to 15 I didn't start from all the way at the beginning at "Before start the dupe", I could start from "now the dupe" steps.

 

Hope this helps.

Thank you for updating. I have managed to get it to work once again now.

 

But the biggest issue I have is step 4 under the "NOW THE DUPE" section.

 

I either don't see the pentagram for minutes (at this point I just close up at try again from step 2) or I get the pentagram but I don't get the 2nd when I save a quit. (Also resort to closing app and trying again).

 

Not sure where my issue is. Got it once though at least. Any ideas on where I'm struggling?

Edited by IAmNotXJ9
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

Thank you for updating. I have managed to get it to work once again now.

 

But the biggest issue I have is step 4 under the "NOW THE DUPE" section.

 

I either don't see the pentagram for minutes (at this point I just close up at try again from step 2) or I get the pentagram but I don't get the 2nd when I save a quit. (Also resort to closing app and trying again).

 

Not sure where my issue is. Got it once though at least. Any ideas on where I'm struggling?

 

It is unclear which pentagram you don't see? 

 

The one in the character menu? This one always come up for me in about 10-50seconds. ( The third pentagram)  

 

The first one when running around town takes time or sometimes doesn't come up. Leave town re-enter kill enemies. ( The first pentagram) 

 

The one the instant your press save and exit as the game closes. This one may or may not occur. It must show up. If it doesn't keep trying. They creating new character. ( The second pentagram) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posting to let people know I believe the game has some kind of online DRM even offline.

I went offline since I was scared the dupe method would be patched and around 28 days after going offline the game would give me a message preventing me from playing even offline. I don't remember the exact message but it's not associated with playstation license, the game would open up just fine.

So if anyone out there is using this method be aware of that. Going offline can only save you for a limited time, if they patch it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.