NEW and "100%" workable dupe method for offline mode (Tested on PS5)

IIDRAGONSSSII

Trying to get this dupe to work is like a 1/50 chance, god it was so much easier before they updated the servers.
The hard part is getting into the right "cycle" with all the pentagram crap, once you've gotten into the right cycle its easy enough to re-dupe an inventories worth.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

I just tried it on the latest patch and it is still working for me. The dupe still works. 

How?

Now in singleplayer, everything is saving with laser speed. Changing number of players/diff scaling is saved between games, etc. How it can work for you? ?

Also, if it still really works, as described above, do I need to turn off internet connection, as part of duplicating process mentioned in guide?

Somebody here before stated, that going offline in D2 made his game unplayable (?), and I am little worried I would screw up saves and hundreds of hours 

4 hours ago, Broxym said:

Also, if it still really works, as described above, do I need to turn off internet connection, as part of duplicating process mentioned in guide?

Somebody here before stated, that going offline in D2 made his game unplayable (?), and I am little worried I would screw up saves and hundreds of hours 

The OP and my comments on the op still work.

You will need to go offline to get the dupe to work.

The issues re saving were a problem when the game was first released. They have been resolved. 

If worried, do a backup of your save first.

12 hours ago, Broxym said:

How?

Now in singleplayer, everything is saving with laser speed. Changing number of players/diff scaling is saved between games, etc. How it can work for you? ?

I can confirm this duping still works, i've just done it. I found following this video far easier than following the above list of instructions and i have no idea what the guy in the video is saying as i only speak english.

• Like 1

Thanks so much!

I can confirm, that method in video works. By the looks of it, its almost similar to the Rando-Calrisian- written before in this topic.

Crucial part, which I wanted to avoid and why duplicating never worked for me, was turning console offline/turning internet off, because I was affraid if it screw saves and characters, when going back online... well, this part only time will tell, if something bad happen.
Guys, you cannot imagine the tears in my eyes, when today, finally dropping Stone of Jordan after 45 hours (!!!) of farming Andariel nightmare, with magic find 320+%, enigma teleporting all the time.............how it was to duplicate full stash/chest of this stupid ring!!

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

I can confirm this duping still works, i've just done it. I found following this video far easier than following the above list of instructions and i have no idea what the guy in the video is saying as i only speak english.

This is a fantastic video. Thanks for sharing! Almost makes me want to go for the ps5 stack. But only just almost. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I must be doing something wrong. I'm attempting to do this on a completely fresh character to verify that it works before I continue.

I've followed the video above.

Preparation

1. Load character and prepare inventory with items to duplicate.
  2. Save and exit.

3. Load back into character to confirm personal inventory is correct.

4. Save and exit.

5. Close D2R application.

6. Back up save file.

7. Turn off internet.

Duplication

1. Load character.
  2. Run around town until save icon appears and disappears.
  3. Save and exit ensuring that a new save icon appeared when doing so.
  4. Wait in character select menu until save icon appears again and disappears.
  5. Load character and transfer items from personal inventory to shared stash.
  6. Wait until save icon appears and disappears.
  7. Save and exit.
  8. Close D2R application.
  9. Repeat steps 5-8.

I'm finding that on Step 9 when I load back into my character after the first transfer that all the items have successfully been returned to my personal inventory but none of them stayed in the shared stash. As I said, I'm doing this on a completely fresh account and character (Act 1 Level 1 Necromancer who hasn't killed even one monster) which may be the issue but previous comments have indicated that act shouldn't matter. I'm not sure if the lack of the Normal, Nightmare, or Hell difficulty selection menu when loading the character makes a difference either.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this, I'd appreciate any advice I can get. With the release of the ladder, I'm beginning to get that itch to play this again and go for the PS5 platinum but I'd like to ensure that duplication works before pursuing this. Thanks y'all!

4 hours ago, Vextens said:

I think I must be doing something wrong. I'm attempting to do this on a completely fresh character to verify that it works before I continue.

I've followed the video above.

Preparation

1. Load character and prepare inventory with items to duplicate.
  2. Save and exit.

3. Load back into character to confirm personal inventory is correct.

4. Save and exit.

5. Close D2R application.

6. Back up save file.

7. Turn off internet.

Duplication

1. Load character.
  2. Run around town until save icon appears and disappears.
  3. Save and exit ensuring that a new save icon appeared when doing so.
  4. Wait in character select menu until save icon appears again and disappears.
  5. Load character and transfer items from personal inventory to shared stash.
  6. Wait until save icon appears and disappears.
  7. Save and exit.
  8. Close D2R application.
  9. Repeat steps 5-8.

I'm finding that on Step 9 when I load back into my character after the first transfer that all the items have successfully been returned to my personal inventory but none of them stayed in the shared stash. As I said, I'm doing this on a completely fresh account and character (Act 1 Level 1 Necromancer who hasn't killed even one monster) which may be the issue but previous comments have indicated that act shouldn't matter. I'm not sure if the lack of the Normal, Nightmare, or Hell difficulty selection menu when loading the character makes a difference either.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this, I'd appreciate any advice I can get. With the release of the ladder, I'm beginning to get that itch to play this again and go for the PS5 platinum but I'd like to ensure that duplication works before pursuing this. Thanks y'all!

All I can say is this section below is very important and was key to getting the dupe down for me.  I was originally having your same issue.  In page 1 of this thread, someone wrote these in blue, it was really helpful.

2.- Run inside the town till pentagram.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 1 If you don't see one, leave town, come back in, kill a few enemies. If nothing happens after a few minutes open close game.

3.- Pause, Save and Exit.

4.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. PENTAGRAM COUNT : 2 You must see a Pentagram the instant you press save and exit as the game closes. IMPORTANT. If you do not, go back to 2. Open close game, change acts and try again. 

5.- WAIT ON THIS SELECTION CHAR SCREEN ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS AND YOU WILL SEE ONE MORE PENTAGRAM.  PENTAGRAM COUNT : 3 Now we have seen 3 pentagrams we can start duping. 

• Like 1

Of course I say this, but now I cannot get the dupe to work at all anymore.  Tried a new character too, making sure I get all of the pentagrams and such.  There's got to be something most of us are missing, or an element of randomness to it.

11 hours ago, Vextens said:

@Vextens you madman, going for the D2R platinum stack! Should be much faster now with player 8. 

I got the glitch working for me as of the latest, ladder, patch. I have done this once. I will try again tonight to double check. ... EDIT: it still works for me

Everything you have described looks good. Sometimes it still takes me a few attempts (2-3) to get the glitch working. Once it's working, it's fine. I just repeat from step 1 of your "Duplication" section until I get it working. Details below.

My comments:

"Preparation" - the goal of this step is to have the character that is to be performing the dupe active (the first character that appears in the main menu when you open the game) and all items you want to dupe in their inventory.

"Duplication" - everything you do looks good. Things you can try to see if it gets it working.

- Save pentagram in step 2 (pentagram count #1):  change the player count to 1. This will force the game to save rather than running around town until you see one. Then save and exit as per step 3 and continue.

- Save pentagram in step 4 (pentagram count #3): I have found that when I create the glitch, if im like a sniper waiting for this pentagram to appear and I press to start a new game a millisecond after the pentagram disappears the glitch doesn't seem work consistently. In this step if I wait a full second or so after pentagram disappears, then go step 5 and generally it is ok.

- Steps 5 and 6: after I transfer last item when duplicating, I don't touch the joystick or make any input on the controller. When pentagram disappears, press options, R1 to navigate to end, save and exit with joystick.

I suspect there may be a timing window with the save pentagrams when creating the glitch.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-

14 minutes ago, Vextens said:

I haven't had the opportunity to try. I've also never gotten it to work at all. I'm new to the ps5 stack. Has it work again for you?

I just tested and was able to get it working again.  I think the key really is to wait about 1-2 seconds after pentagrams to save/quit, do not do it too fast

30 minutes ago, Vextens said:

Hmmm, tried again to no success even with a bit of a buffer period after the pentagram disappears? Have y'all tried to do it with a fresh level 1 character? 

I have attempted with a fresh level 1 paladin, and it was working for me for a bit.  

It took me 2 tries to get the glitch working tonight, just followed page one's steps and always waited 1 second after pentagram before I even pressed start to go to save/quit.

12 hours ago, RavensRuin said:

I have attempted with a fresh level 1 paladin, and it was working for me for a bit.  

It took me 2 tries to get the glitch working tonight, just followed page one's steps and always waited 1 second after pentagram before I even pressed start to go to save/quit.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep trying. If I can figure out how to make it work on my end I'll add what information I can here. 

9 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

I can still get it to work just fine via the method in the above video. Duped another 3000 SOJs last night with it.

There just has to be something in the setup that's wrong for me because despite my best efforts I just can't get it to work. I even had a mishap where I got the dupe to work in reverse duplicating the items from my shared stash that I put in my personal inventory. No luck replicating that though as I wasn't even trying to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 7:28 AM, kloudmuka said:

The most important step is:

When you are doing step 7 in dupe stage, DON'T CLOSE INVENTORY AFTER YOU MOVE ITEMS TO YOUR STASH, UNTIL YOU SEE THE PENTAGON. I can confirm this is the most important one in all the steps.

In my case, it hasn't mattered.  I always close screen and run around til the pentagram after moving the items.

EDIT:  I finally got my SOJ to drop off Andariel, but cannot get the dupe to work at all now RIP

EDIT 2: confirmed to get it working again using another duplication process below:

This is partially from Solarus755 who I got the idea from, but I modified it a bit, and I was able to get it working 2 times in a row.

BE OFFLINE FOR THIS, BACK UP YOUR GAME BEFORE STARTING, LOST ITEMS AREN'T MY FAULT.  YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1.Join game with runes in inventory

2. Dump runes in stash (if save pentagram happens here or in the next 10 seconds or so, just ignore it since not enough time has passed to proc main menu pentagram).

3. Travel to another act where monsters are.  Quickly kill them and pick up an item(any probably works), use waypoint again to rush back to whatever act you started in.  

4. When next pentagram shows up, immediately quit game after it passes.

5. Pentagram on main menu should be there.

6. Hard close the game and boot again

7. Duplicated items should be both in inventory and stash, move your intended duplicated items over again quickly and after the pentagram appears again, save and quit, watch pentagram disappear again on character screen and close game.
8. Boot game again and load character, items should be duplicated once again.  Continue to perform step 7-8 until your shared stash units are full/you're satisfied.

If anyone tries this method and gets it to work, let me know.

Edited by RavensRuin
added text