NEW and "100%" workable dupe method for offline mode (Tested on PS5)

IIDRAGONSSSII

On 29.05.2022 at 10:19 AM, RavensRuin said:

In my case, it hasn't mattered.  I always close screen and run around til the pentagram after moving the items.

EDIT:  I finally got my SOJ to drop off Andariel, but cannot get the dupe to work at all now RIP

EDIT 2: confirmed to get it working again using another duplication process below:

This is partially from Solarus755 who I got the idea from, but I modified it a bit, and I was able to get it working 2 times in a row.

Can you make a short video about the process? I do everything as indicated, but I can't start the process.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tested it today, after patch it still works fine. This is How I do it: I always use the same 1 char, leaving it at act 5, when I want to dupe items I move them to shared stash, pick those items with my char, after I move items to inventory I always move her to act 1 or act 4 (coz it's close to stash), then I log off and exit game. Next step is to turn off your internet at console options. After that I log in, enter game, check if all items are at my ready char, in his/her inventory, now you gotta wait for first pentagram to show up - takes usually around 15 sec, after that I exit to char selection - you should instantly see another pentagram, now you have to wait around 30 sec for last pentagram, after it you enter game, move all items from inventory to shared stash, close it and wait for pentagram around 15 sec. After that you go options and leave game and then turn off game - it should be bugged now and items should be duplicated. From now on you just enter game and move items again to shared stash, but from now on you have less time to move them to it. I noticed I can move max 10 items before pentagram shows, it will copy only those itemes before penagram.

• Like 2

On 01.07.2022 at 3:27 AM, Khaso170 said:

I have tested it today, after patch it still works fine. This is How I do it: I always use the same 1 char, leaving it at act 5, when I want to dupe items I move them to shared stash, pick those items with my char, after I move items to inventory I always move her to act 1 or act 4 (coz it's close to stash), then I log off and exit game. Next step is to turn off your internet at console options. After that I log in, enter game, check if all items are at my ready char, in his/her inventory, now you gotta wait for first pentagram to show up - takes usually around 15 sec, after that I exit to char selection - you should instantly see another pentagram, now you have to wait around 30 sec for last pentagram, after it you enter game, move all items from inventory to shared stash, close it and wait for pentagram around 15 sec. After that you go options and leave game and then turn off game - it should be bugged now and items should be duplicated. From now on you just enter game and move items again to shared stash, but from now on you have less time to move them to it. I noticed I can move max 10 items before pentagram shows, it will copy only those itemes before penagram.

Many thanks, I didn’t play and update game  since January. Thought they already fixed it.

• 1 month later...

Are you guys still doing this? 

After reading all posts, I was able to make it work a few times.

The problem is when I need re-start the cycle.

I believe I'm doing the same steps every time, but I just can't figure out why the dupe stops working. I know it might sound crazy, but when I leave the game alone for a while, play other things and comeback, it usually works, I can get a full inventory of dupes. Then, I use the dups, either SOJs or gems to re-roll a charm, and I need to dupe again. It takes forever to get back to the duping cycle.

I'm not connected to the internet, I tried with lvl1 char, lvl 20-30 chars (with multiple acts open), lvl 80+ char. Waiting for the 3rd save at the character screen, all that. I pretty much repeat the same steps all the time and it eventually works. I would like be able to be more consistent, any ideas?

To people who aren't able to get it to work, just step away from the PS5 and try it again later. Pretty sure the issue has to do with sync timing between character save and stash save. If it still doesn't work after a few days of checking every few hours, then there might be a problem. If you can get it working even once, it still works.

I'll try to dupe later and report back myself.

EDIT: Just checked and the dupe still works. Filled 3 stashes with SOJs

Edited by Solarus755

• 4 weeks later...

08/28/2022
I can confirm the dupe still works in offline single player on ps5

i even have it to a 100% completion rating

working everytime

before you even start the game

Step 1. disconnect from the internet

step 2. Start the game and begin in offline single player

have the items you wish to dupe already in your inventory on your actual person

step 3. Place said items in your first slotted shared stash tab, now wait for the autosave pentagram

step 4. As the autosave pentagram appears you want to save and exit the game BEFORE it vanishes, this is critical!

save and exit as the pentagram is still on screen

step 5. You will now be back at the character select screen and if done correctly, the same auto save pentagram will still be on screen, wait for it to DISAPPEAR AND COUNT TO 2.  (This also seems to be a critical step to not close the app too quickly) Soon as you hit 2 close the game application

step 6. Restart the game and your items will be back in your persons personal inventory and duplicated in your shared stash

enjoy!

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 0:55 AM, Property_Damage said:

08/28/2022
I can confirm the dupe still works in offline single player on ps5

i even have it to a 100% completion rating

working everytime

before you even start the game

Step 1. disconnect from the internet

step 2. Start the game and begin in offline single player

have the items you wish to dupe already in your inventory on your actual person

step 3. Place said items in your first slotted shared stash tab, now wait for the autosave pentagram

step 4. As the autosave pentagram appears you want to save and exit the game BEFORE it vanishes, this is critical!

save and exit as the pentagram is still on screen

step 5. You will now be back at the character select screen and if done correctly, the same auto save pentagram will still be on screen, wait for it to DISAPPEAR AND COUNT TO 2.  (This also seems to be a critical step to not close the app too quickly) Soon as you hit 2 close the game application

step 6. Restart the game and your items will be back in your persons personal inventory and duplicated in your shared stash

enjoy!

What am I doing wrong lol. I keep putting into stash. 
but when I rejoin a game my stash is empty and items back on my character 

1 hour ago, SOXRULE111 said:

What am I doing wrong lol. I keep putting into stash. 
but when I rejoin a game my stash is empty and items back on my character 

Make sure your system is completely disconnected from the internet, when you go to dupe, have the items on hand ready to go, this is the set-up, so all you do is run to your stash, move a tab to the right so youre now in the first columned shared stash tab, dump items here. Save and exit as the autosave pentagram appears. At the home screen wait for the autosave pentagram to now disappear completely and count 1, 2, PS button and close game, restart and dupe should have worked (side note)i think theres an entity or item limit, i noticed after a while of my main stash getting fuller, the glitch wasnt working, and when i cleared my stash and moved some things around, the glitch worked again

• 1 month later...

Haven't had any luck with this at all in the last week despite it working previously. Can't see anything in the latest patch notes suggesting it was fixed, though. Still working for anybody?

Edit: Disregard this, I was able to manifest "Complaining always fixes it". So take this as confirmation that it still works.

Edited by Musashi1596

yesterday i noticed a small patch downloading from D2. Afterwards I tried the dupe several times, today again and it doesnt work anymore. Can somebody confirm (or deny) that? I hope its not patched...

Edit: tried for 3 days now and no luck:( can anybody check if it still works for him?

Edit2: I found a completely new way that works 100% for me, tested on 2 consoles. I will do some further testing and then post it here. It's much easier than all other methods and works consistently by now

Final edit: Post is up :)

Edited by post_exodus

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 5:12 AM, post_exodus said:

yesterday i noticed a small patch downloading from D2. Afterwards I tried the dupe several times, today again and it doesnt work anymore. Can somebody confirm (or deny) that? I hope its not patched...

Edit: tried for 3 days now and no luck:( can anybody check if it still works for him?

Edit2: I found a completely new way that works 100% for me, tested on 2 consoles. I will do some further testing and then post it here. It's much easier than all other methods and works consistently by now

Final edit: Post is up :)

I havent downloaded this season 2 patch

i think im up to 2.4 and season two is 2.5 right?

my 2.4 file still works for dupes

im sure ill be forced to connect to the internet again soon

a few weeks back i had to reconnect to the internet because my game wasn’t verifying authenticity after a few weeks of being offline but i basically have everything i needed duped by now

edit: my above method works but it can be finniky at times and doesnt always work the first try, its something to do with the internal save but basically just disconnect from the internet all together, have the items you wanna dupe in your persons inventory or even on your person wearing said items, go to stash, any shared stash tab will work, place items in shared stash, save and exit as the pentagram flashes, you can exit while its on screen or right after it goes away, both seem to work for me, now back at the player select screen wait for the pentagram to fully disappear and then immediately hard exit the game, usually works all the time this way but sometimes you have to do it a few times before it glitches and works, its weird, and sometimes you can exit too quick or too slow your items can disappear on you when you reenter a game, so duper beware! Also leaving duped items in the cube can disappear, ive been crafting hell diablo grand charms, small charms, blue monarchs, blue jewels and mass duping perfect gems lately and sometimes ive noticed if i left one of those items like a charm or whatever in my cube overnight, the next day i come back to continue crafting, whatevers left in the cube has vanished

Edited by Property_Damage

• 5 months later...

Seen couple of videos, read this thread and other sites, every single one has a different version of how to trigger the glitch.

None of them work for me, and those that do are still unreliable.

I was hoping that by now the community would have been able to iron out the perfect list of steps but it doesn't look like that's the case

I can say that with the latest version of the game it still "works", at least the version I use, but it's highly unreliable.

It worked more frequently when I only had 1 HC character and 2 HC mules. Now I have an additional 2 SC characters, and it's way more unreliable.

Still, my method is this:

• Back up your game an go offline
  • Load back your character with the stuff you want to dupe already in your inventory
  • Wait for the pentagram save icon
  • As soon as the icon goes away move the things you want to dupe in your shared stash
  • Quickly save and exit
  • While the saving pentagram is spinning, quit to the dashboard and close the game
  • Load back and hopefully the items will be duplicated

Normally it doesn't work at the beginning, but once it starts working it almost always continue to work for a while.

As soon as you try to save your "duping progression" and make sure the things you duped actually get saved, the glitch usually stops working and you have to go back trying to make it start again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...