Bad Switch Port

When I bought this game I didn't expect any AAA levels of polish but I didn't expect that the game would drop frames and crash pretty much every single session. 

I already lost count of how many times this game has crashed but it unfortunately got my savefile get corrupted twice and forcing me to start over.

13 hours ago, LordWikii said:

When I bought this game I didn't expect any AAA levels of polish but I didn't expect that the game would drop frames and crash pretty much every single session. 

I already lost count of how many times this game has crashed but it unfortunately got my savefile get corrupted twice and forcing me to start over.

you are playing the ps4 version right? Hopefully the ps5 version runs better

I played the ps5 version yesterday for 4 hours straight. I had a blast and no issues at all. Game looks and runs pretty good. Driving physics especially steering in sharp corners felt a little weird at the start but you get used to it. I'm really surprised how much content and cars the game has, despite being a game for 40 bucks.

3 hours ago, westersburg said:

I played the ps5 version yesterday for 4 hours straight. I had a blast and no issues at all. Game looks and runs pretty good. Driving physics especially steering in sharp corners felt a little weird at the start but you get used to it. I'm really surprised how much content and cars the game has, despite being a game for 40 bucks.

That's pretty good. I've also enjoyed the little of the game that I've been able to play...the issue lies with the game's instability.

At this point I can 100% reproduce a game crash no matter which actions I've make, for example: after you pick your first car and the world map opens, if I choose an event and it lets me choose the car that I want to race it will crash; if I choose either of the DLC events from Endurance or Porsche Expansion I can be really quick to pick the car in the car select screen but it will crash in the loading screen regardless and then corrupting the savefile. I fear that this game didn't even pass QA testing on PS4 because it's impossible to not notice issues like these. I have no idea if the PS4 physical version is any good even if played on version 1.0 but the digital version is one to avoid honestly.

Edited by LordWikii

55 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

That's pretty good. I've also enjoyed the little of the game that I've been able to play...the issue lies with the game's instability.

At this point I can 100% reproduce a game crash no matter which actions I've make, for example: after you pick your first car and the world map opens, if I choose an event and it lets me choose the car that I want to race it will crash; if I choose either of the DLC events from Endurance or Porsche Expansion I can be really quick to pick the car in the car select screen but it will crash in the loading screen regardless and then corrupting the savefile. I fear that this game didn't even pass QA testing on PS4 because it's impossible to not notice issues like these. I have no idea if the PS4 physical version is any good even if played on version 1.0 but the digital version is one to avoid honestly.

Yeah since the game has a lot of content and i expect a 30+hrs platinum this will definitely stop me from buying the inferior ps4 version atm, since it's not crossbuy. Maybe after the ps4 version got some patches and i'm motivated to do it a second time. On which platform are you running the ps4 version? PS4 / ps4 pro or ps5?

For those playing on PS4, is there no one who is experiencing frequent crashes while playing this game? For example when you choose an event and the game displays the cars that you can pick to race? 

On my end the game is unplayable. I've tried reinstalling the game many times, downgrading to a lower patch and even did a factory reset but the issue is still there no matter which actions I do.

The only thing that somehow let me play from the tutorial events up to the Porschd expansion was forcing my console to run at 480p and playing the game while disconnected from the internet. One thing I've noticed while doing this experiment was that in some events the AI cars become invisible.

Yea man after our conversation the other day I can’t win the ford gt car it crashes after every 6 mins and that trophy at 0.0 so no one can progress to earn the car had to stop playing it I’ve reported it but surprise surprise no reply maybe get a response Monday 

Edited by skin_it_up
Spelling mistake

The best course of action would be to report these issues to them through here - https://anuman.freshdesk.com/en/support/tickets/new

I already did this past week and they've said that they forwarded my messages including all the details to the development team. The more people that report it the better considering that the game didn't even fully launch worlwide.

3 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

The best course of action would be to report these issues to them through here - https://anuman.freshdesk.com/en/support/tickets/new

I already did this past week and they've said that they forwarded my messages including all the details to the development team. The more people that report it the better considering that the game didn't even fully launch worlwide.

Yea ok will report there as well people can earn that ford trophy on PS5 but not on PS4 so as of now the platinum is unattainable on PS4 

On 17.12.2021 at 7:59 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

What's with the AI in the Porsche event AI just pull away and then near end of final lap you close in on them? Other events you pull away and go off into the distance.

That is kinda intended. You have to aim for 4th place and after the championship is done, you get rewarded with tuning items that increase your cars performance and you will win pretty easily. They basically want you to to the championships twice.

5 hours ago, westersburg said:

That is kinda intended. You have to aim for 4th place and after the championship is done, you get rewarded with tuning items that increase your cars performance and you will win pretty easily. They basically want you to to the championships twice.

Yeah cheers realised this after I finished a season lol, Still though it's a shit system would of preferred to all have equal cars or difficulty options instead of having to do the same thing twice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Yeah cheers realised this after I finished a season lol, Still though it's a shit system would of preferred to all have equal cars or difficulty options instead of having to do the same thing twice.

yeah it's stupid. Trying to make it look like it's more content. Fortunately i was able to become 1st place in first attempt while i was playing the first championship. The 2nd and 3rd one i had to play twice.

@LordWikii I bought the game yesterday and I use a PS4 slim.  My game does exactly the same thing as yours; it crashes whenever I try to select a vehicle.  I have to hit start before it shows the vehicles so I can start a race.  I don't see how I'll progress unless they patch it properly.  I play on v.1.02.  The port is nothing like a AAA game but to be honest I do not really care as long as it's playable.  I thought I would play it from time to time until Grid Legends and GT7 are available.

16 hours ago, frankthachamp said:

@LordWikii I bought the game yesterday and I use a PS4 slim.  My game does exactly the same thing as yours; it crashes whenever I try to select a vehicle.  I have to hit start before it shows the vehicles so I can start a race.  I don't see how I'll progress unless they patch it properly.  I play on v.1.02.  The port is nothing like a AAA game but to be honest I do not really care as long as it's playable.  I thought I would play it from time to time until Grid Legends and GT7 are available.

The only way to even be able to progress in the game is by forcing the digital game to run on version 1.00 or the physical version without any patches. I'm doing the latter and although it doesnt stop the freezes completely, I'm somewhat able to continue playing the game.