Everything sold out at Crazy Earl's—how do I get "My Name is Earl"?

purlinka

In the PS4 version of BL3, I purchased everything from Crazy Earl with all 4 vault hunter characters. Then, I transferred my saves to the PS5 and :bronze: My Name is Earl (purchase 20 cosmetics from Crazy Earl) didn't unlock. I tried creating a new character, and all the the Crazy Earl purchases transferred over. It's literally impossible for me to buy anything.

I contacted 2K about this twice, and both times I got stuck in support limbo. Nothing came of it.

Sort of related to this: I have several trophies that never unlocked despite having 100% saves, like completing all side quests, etc. Anyone have any tips?

This trophy is known to be buggy when using cross-save but the only fix is to delete all your saves and start over from scratch whilst your system is disconnected from both PSN and the Internet so you're not connected to the Shift system or the cross-save servers :( .

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

This trophy is known to be buggy when using cross-save but the only fix is to delete all your saves and start over from scratch :( .

Do I need to delete the characters from the in-game menu, or completely wipe all the files (profile, etc.) off the PS5? ☹️

Maybe I can back up all the files to a flash drive/cloud, delete them off my PS5, then re-download the saves after I get the trophy? Would suck to lose my characters just for one trophy...

8 minutes ago, purlinka said:

Do I need to delete the characters from the in-game menu, or completely wipe all the files (profile, etc.) off the PS5? 2639.png

Maybe I can back up all the files to a flash drive/cloud, delete them off my PS5, then re-download the saves after I get the trophy? Would suck to lose my characters just for one trophy...

They have to be completely nuked from your hard drive, else everything will just keep getting auto-restored by the BL3 servers. If that doesn't work, try creating a dummy profile, earn this trophy there, then add your main account's login details and sync the trophy whilst in-game with your original saves. This should trick the system into popping the Plat.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 5 weeks later...

Posting an update in case someone else has the same problem.

Bad news: As of right now, you cannot individually back-up PS5 game saves to a flash drive. In the time between uploading from PS4 to PS5, whatever levels, customization gear, or Guardian Ranks that you earned will be erased forever. At best, you can revert to your PS4 upload save state. The only bit of good news is that you can save your PS5 guns and gear.

1. Make PS4 game saves are either downloaded or backed-up somewhere.
  2. Create a Dummy Account on your PS5.
  3. On the Dummy Account, open BL3 and create a DLC character. DLC characters skip the intro and have immediate access to Sanctuary and their storage locker.
  4. Pass gear from your Main Account to the Dummy Account. Regardless of which method you pick, make sure you also transfer money to the Dummy Account, so it can buy bank capacity upgrades.
    • Two PS5s Method (Fastest): This can be done with a friend. Have the friend boot up BL3 as Player 1, then you can join on your Main Account as Player 2. The benefit of this method is that the friend can stay loaded in the game while you character swap on your Main Account and drop everything on the ground. Your friend doesn't even need to pick up the gear, technically. Then, you can switch to the Dummy Account, join your friend's game again, and pick everything back up for the bank.
    • Two Controllers Method (Faster): Load the game in split screen with your Main Account and Dummy Account. Have Main Account drop gear; Dummy Account will pick it up and put it in their bank. Rinse and repeat will all your Main Account characters until all the gear you want to save is in the Dummy Account's bank.
    • One Controller Method: Load the game on your Main Account, and use the in-game mail to send gear to the Dummy Account. Make sure to periodically load into the Dummy Account and empty the mail into their bank.
  5. On your Main Account, go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS5)
  6. From here, delete BL3 saved data from BOTH console storage and cloud storage.
  7. Load BL3 on your Main Account and start a new game/new character. Everything should be gone. Here's how to 100% check: in the prologue mission with Claptrap, use the New-U Station to customize your character. If all your skins/unlocks are gone with only the defaults remaining, it worked. 

Play the game normally and earn whatever trophies are left. You can speed this part up if you change the game mode to "Coopetition" and have a high-level player join the game to slaughter everything to bloody mist in seconds. I did this with a friend, and we were able to speed-run the main campaign in 8-10 hours by having them one-shot bosses and mobs lol

At any point, you can get your guns and gear back by doing any of the Step 4 methods, but in reverse. Whenever you're ready, install the PS4 version of the game, and re-upload/download your characters to the PS5 version.

It's not ideal.... but at least you don't lose everything....

Edited by purlinka