Is it posible/worthy to 100% it in 2022?

Fran_Bankai

13 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Still thinking about going back to this game. But do you need a newgame+ for all the royal pack trophies?

I’m missing 2 comrades dlc trophies, ardyn dlc and like I mentioned everything from the royal pack.

With only 2 bronze trophies from comrades that I miss I should be able to get it to 97-99%..

So the TLDR;

Do you need ng+ for all royal pack trophies?

The collectible datalog trophy from the Royal Pack is probably easier on NG+ I have read that you can use chapter select to get them, but it will wipe your side quest progress so the choice is yours. This guide gives a chapter by chapter breakdown of the new content, (https://www.(URL not allowed)/game/FINAL-FANTASY-XV/walkthrough) on NG+/easy difficulty you should probably be able to breeze through the game. 

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

**May contain slight spoilers. But my comment would not be complete without them!**

For the main game:

You can get all Non-Comrades-Trophies in NG, no NG+ needed for this. Also it is not easier in NG+ as in NG.

The only trophy where you really need to be aware, because the things you need to read are missable (And for one also chapter select does not help, but can be substituted), is the trophy for Datalogs from the Royal Pack trophy set.

Just make a checklist for this.

Everything you need to know is written in the Royal Pack trophy guide here on PSNP!

You also need to read some monoliths for this, which are placed in the end game dungeons (Menace Beneath Lucis endgame sidequest). Found all other things connected to the datalog trophy before, but still needed to play 4 of the 8 end game dungeons.

- Can also recommend this FFXV XBOX Guide for the Datalogs trophy.

For Comrades:

Simply use this guide as a reference and stick to it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/introduction

==> The usable bugs due to using an older FFXV patch as it is covered in the downgrade topic on PSNP, will let you save much time for farming items.

Also the transfer from Comrades DLC to Comrades Standalone is covered in great detail!

I must also admit, that my time with Comrades was really great. 

/edit: Also, Comrades fills the hole in the story between the last two chapters and because of this, I advice to achieve 100% of the Comrades DLC trophies before playing the last story chapter. 

You can also play a quest in the last chapter side by side with your main character you used in Comrades.

Edited by Geridian
Removed empty lines
  • Like 3

On 23-1-2022 at 8:12 AM, bikeman223 said:

The collectible datalog trophy from the Royal Pack is probably easier on NG+ I have read that you can use chapter select to get them, but it will wipe your side quest progress so the choice is yours. This guide gives a chapter by chapter breakdown of the new content, (https://www.(URL not allowed)/game/FINAL-FANTASY-XV/walkthrough) on NG+/easy difficulty you should probably be able to breeze through the game. 

Sorry for hijacking the threat but after my previous post I took the gamble and reinstalled the game to get a start on the royal pack dlc.

my save file was at 53hrs lvl 93 and getting those trophies isn’t too bad. I just need the datalogs and omega. The previous stuff took me around 4hrs, mostly because I had to relearn al controls and how the game works.

They also added a times event where you can kill 100 lvl 15’s for a sidequest which easily nets you 80-100k per run. 

So tonight I’ll probably grind for a few hours to hit lvl 99-105 at most. Then it’s time to google for some best in slot gear and off to get All datalogs in the dungeons, grind all other logs, make a double save and kill omega. Ng+ felt a bit overkill for just the logs.

On 23-1-2022 at 9:11 AM, Geridian said:

For Comrades:

Simply use this guide as a reference and stick to it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/introduction

==> The usable bugs due to using an older FFXV patch then covered on PSNP first, will let you save much time for farming items.

Also the transfer from Comrades DLC to Comrades Standalone is covered in great detail!

I must also admit, that my time with Comrades was really great. 

/edit: Also, Comrades fills the hole in the story between the last two chapters and because of this, I advice to achieve 100% of the Comrades DLC trophies before playing the last story chapter. 

You can also play a quest in the last chapter side by side with your main character you used in Comrades.

I tried the method with ps5 but somehow charles never detects my ps5 so this going to take me some more time to find out.

Is 4 out of 8 dungeons also really enough? Because that would make things a lot more easier I suppose. I’ve got no clue how hard they are for a lvl 99 with decent gear. (Ultimate blade etc)

Edited by Deluziion90

15 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I tried the method with ps5 but somehow charles never detects my ps5 so this going to take me some more time to find out.

Can not help you with this.

Is 4 out of 8 dungeons also really enough? Because that would make things a lot more easier I suppose.

You only need 80% of the datalogs, not 100%. So yes, half of them should be enough.

And if you missed some datalogs, then maybe you need to clear more of these dungeons or maybe NG+.

Use this site as a reference, did the same: https://www.trueachievements.com/a249203/pursuit-of-knowledge-achievement

I’ve got no clue how hard they are for a lvl 99 with decent gear. (Ultimate blade etc)

Trophy guide says: "The Menace Dungeons are very hard so it's recommended to be at least level 99 with good gear." >> So you should be fine this way.

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So tonight I’ll probably grind for a few hours to hit lvl 99-105 at most. Then it’s time to google for some best in slot gear and off to get All datalogs in the dungeons, grind all other logs, make a double save and kill omega. Ng+ felt a bit overkill for just the logs.

That's cool. Just in case you need a reference for Omega here's the video I referred to:

I never got Omega stuck like it does in the video but I was able to keep strafing behind the trees to avoid the laser attack. For this strategy all you really need is Prompto's infinite ammo accessory from an Insomnia side quest and a stock of healing items/revives. I was Level 102 when I did this, maybe you'll find this useful. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Is 4 out of 8 dungeons also really enough? Because that would make things a lot more easier I suppose. I’ve got no clue how hard they are for a lvl 99 with decent gear. (Ultimate blade etc)

If you plan it right you shouldn't have to do more, there are some menace dungeons with more monoliths but those will be harder and take more time. Also you can use the ring of Lucii in there so every battle should be cake.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

That's cool. Just in case you need a reference for Omega here's the video I referred to:

I never got Omega stuck like it does in the video but I was able to keep strafing behind the trees to avoid the laser attack. For this strategy all you really need is Prompto's infinite ammo accessory from an Insomnia side quest and a stock of healing items/revives. I was Level 102 when I did this, maybe you'll find this useful. 

I've seen this one came by the past few days and I'll first try it the normal way with armigar unleashed(or whatever it's spelled :P) but thanks for that because that's definitely plan B if the rest fails.

I've been lucky that yesterday the cactuar xp farm event was up. I went from lvl 93 to 105 in 1 grinding session and already cleared 3 menace dungeon's with not even going down below 10%. 

Datalog trophy will be mine for sure but it's just taking some time :D