Leveling up quite slowly

JakBrod

I honestly never took much notice of my level, but I don't feel like it's been that slow. I would need maybe 2 rounds of conquest to go level up. Doesn't seem so bad.

I've played 57 hours so far and I'm also somewhere in the 60's in terms of level. So 1 level per hour or so.

Edited by Asimb0mb

Data-mining found mention of "Premium Currency to purchase cosmetics, XP Boosters and the Battle Pass" so rank progression could've been designed to be slower in order to sell boosts. They've clearly missed their best window to sell in-game currency at launch but I suppose they might yet release it for Xmas noobs wanting to catch up...?

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1454856642995044358

It's definitely not as quick to level up as previous BF games but I've found the more 'involved' you are in the action, the faster you level up. So constant heals, ammo resupplies, capturing objectives & destroying vehicles all really helps. 

I've played 27 hours so far and I'm level 50. 

On 2021-12-11 at 11:28 AM, barticle said:

Data-mining found mention of "Premium Currency to purchase cosmetics, XP Boosters and the Battle Pass" so rank progression could've been designed to be slower in order to sell boosts. They've clearly missed their best window to sell in-game currency at launch but I suppose they might yet release it for Xmas noobs wanting to catch up...?

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1454856642995044358

Here will come the backlash over the pay-to-win option to unlock arsenal quicker… Have they NOT learn from The Avengers?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, JakBrod said:

Every match of conquest I do I barely go up half a level.

Idk if it's just because I'm bad or whether I am missing something.

when you finish a match does it say "has reached cap" 

from what im reading they nerfed the ai matches and portal matches so your xp is capped each round. im going to downgrade the patch to version 1 and see if its changed at all and by how much. its going to take about 8 hours to download it though through psx its taking forever.

are you playing against bots and portal when it does this?

If its anything like ALL of the other BF games you need to run your ass off and PTFO to get a good SPM. Conquest was never the best for SPM. Maybe try other game modes? Sounds like there is a manual drone in this so yeah, that works too. Just sit in the bush and fly around spotting everything in site. That does help the team and annoys the heck out of the other side. 

3 hours ago, audiopile said:

If its anything like ALL of the other BF games you need to run your ass off and PTFO to get a good SPM. Conquest was never the best for SPM. Maybe try other game modes? Sounds like there is a manual drone in this so yeah, that works too. Just sit in the bush and fly around spotting everything in site. That does help the team and annoys the heck out of the other side. 

its not like the other ones, there is literally no scoreboard so good luck guessing how much xp you got at any given moment of the match.

i downloaded patch 1.0, to my surprise you cant play offline....even against the bots. this game is just unplayable period if your not online.

the explanation i read was this

"the server needs to be bigger for the ai. In a more complex AI, the algorithm is constantly changing based on inputs, outputs, and results. It's much more complex to design an AI that takes into consideration the consequences of its own actions (learning)"

when i read that i had to laugh because while the ai is learning to be better, ea and dice hasnt learned a fckng thing to get better at all