Do you need to play on normal or hard to achieve trophies?

Bucknerd

Let me rephrase:

Do you need to play on normal or hard in the first Zone of the Enders game to respectively achieve the salutatorian or valedictorian trophies?  In other words do I need to play on higher difficulties to achieve a B or A ranking overall?  I'm looking to maybe make this game my first plat.

Thanks for any info!

Let me rephrase:

Do you need to play on normal or hard in the first Zone of the Enders game to respectively achieve the salutatorian or valedictorian trophies?  In other words do I need to play on higher difficulties to achieve a B or A ranking overall?  I'm looking to maybe make this game my first plat.

Thanks for any info!

As far as I can tell, it seems you can do them on either normal or hard. As long as you meet the requirements for B and A ranks. As for how the score system works, I have no clue, but I'm guessing it's health and time completed.

Yes you have to play on Hard for the Valedictorian trophy because difficulty will count towards your rank. You're also graded by how well you do during Rescue/S.O.S. missions (e.g. not letting anyone die). I'm not sure if they stack though. If not then you would have to play on Normal for the Salutatorian trophy. Be careful on the rescue missions, and especially the first boss you encounter since he can screw you over pretty badly if you don't bait him away from the buildings. To make that and the other rescue missions slightly easier you can grind by leaving the first area over and over until you max out your level. Hope I didn't give away too much information, but it's a pretty handy heads up to know beforehand.

Late edit: Ignore what I said about that. You can get both if you play on Hard.

Edited by omegarevan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...