Ranger on ps5

Ronikastoun

hey guys 

so i got the platinum for wot on the ps4 in the past, and now i want to do it on ps5 

however the most problematic trophy for me is ranger, i have gotten so close killing 4 out of 5 light tanks in a single match, too much variables making it super luck based/hard 

any ideas how to better my chances of getting one ? 

much appreciated

ok i finally got the trophy after 6 days trying for it 7 hours per day 

let me explain why this trophy is significantly harder to get from the ps4 version back in the day 

the most important thing to keep in mind, is that for some reason tier 1 and 2 tanks have been removed from the game, 

a new player will start with tier 3 tanks and  go up

this means unless you have a tier 1 tank in your carage from the old days, u can get this trophy in tier 1 7v7 games

makes it much harder if your a new commer 

also, for the ones who do have a tier 1 tank from the old days, they can still use it, but keep in mind u wont be able to seal club, because no new player will be able to join a tier 1 game, it will be you vs the players you have another tier 1 tank from before.

Another thing worth mentiong is that the italian map is gone, now only you can play on mines for tier 1. and on mines you can cover 2 lanes at the same time max. u cant control what tanks goes to the third lane and die far from your sight . so the map choice makes it much harder as well 

i wish i knew all this before i downloaded the ps5 version, but also glad i finally made it 
cant tell you enough how many countless times i came 1 hp away or one shot or one kill from thiss

here is the video of how i did, hope it helps 

thanks 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, Ronikastoun said:

ok i finally got the trophy after 6 days trying for it 7 hours per day 

let me explain why this trophy is significantly harder to get from the ps4 version back in the day 

the most important thing to keep in mind, is that for some reason tier 1 and 2 tanks have been removed from the game, 

a new player will start with tier 3 tanks and  go up

this means unless you have a tier 1 tank in your carage from the old days, u can get this trophy in tier 1 7v7 games

makes it much harder if your a new commer 

also, for the ones who do have a tier 1 tank from the old days, they can still use it, but keep in mind u wont be able to seal club, because no new player will be able to join a tier 1 game, it will be you vs the players you have another tier 1 tank from before.

Another thing worth mentiong is that the italian map is gone, now only you can play on mines for tier 1. and on mines you can cover 2 lanes at the same time max. u cant control what tanks goes to the third lane and die far from your sight . so the map choice makes it much harder as well 

i wish i knew all this before i downloaded the ps5 version, but also glad i finally made it 
cant tell you enough how many countless times i came 1 hp away or one shot or one kill from thiss

here is the video of how i did, hope it helps 

thanks 

Man big respect, people who get ranger medals or platinum for wot or even 100% should get something more for it from wargaming since it's such a crazy task. And from all wot trophies the ones that are most fucked/crazy lucked and skill based are not on my watch (destroy 2 enemies trying to capture flag) and especially ESPECIALLY RANGER. That's the most fucked up shit I've earned I think since I started hunting. The amount of skill and luck needed is beyond explanation, I tried it normally playing through the lines when I was grinding, but more on tier 1 matches with ms-1 soviet and t22 prototype american. I've played sooo many battles of tier 1 (probably around 50h). It burned my brain, so many times when I playing through the lines or just tier 1s I got so close for ranger medal and then shit happened. I ended up getting it in t22 prototype by destroying 6 light tanks!!!! It was crazy because there were so 6/7 lights. 

The crazy thing about ranger is that if you just play wot without thinking about it like just casually playing, chances are very low for you to get it 

If trying "legit" or playing any tier (anyway you wanna call it), it's just extremely fucked up, because light tanks are fast on higher tiers, so you must really have good accuracy and timings to hit lights, second of all, even if you hit a light, he'll start panicking and run away ending up dying randomly by another teammate. Also wot has lot of good players at this point so getting any of hard medals of the game is a pain now. Those reasons and many many more, like being so randomly unlucky and hitting the tracks of a light tank that is driving fast instead of the armor for damage, then a teammate finishes it, etc etc etc.

Problem with ranger is that if match has more than 3 you must destroy then all, if it was like only 3 lights and that's it, would be soooo Soo much easier and straightforward.

Indeed, fuck that shit, ranger medal and wot platinum is not for normal people, that's just the conclusion I get. While you know ranger it's a possible thing to do, at same time, you also think you'll never get it done when trying it. World of tanks great game if you have good teammates and if not going for certain crazy achievements, just makes me mad how game is unobtainable after 2+ years since 6.0 update.

Edited by black_opREADYf1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, black_opREADYf1 said:

Man big respect, people who get ranger medals or platinum for wot or even 100% should get something more for it from wargaming since it's such a crazy task. And from all wot trophies the ones that are most fucked/crazy lucked and skill based are not on my watch (destroy 2 enemies trying to capture flag) and especially ESPECIALLY RANGER. That's the most fucked up shit I've earned I think since I started hunting. The amount of skill and luck needed is beyond explanation, I tried it normally playing through the lines when I was grinding, but more on tier 1 matches with ms-1 soviet and t22 prototype american. I've played sooo many battles of tier 1 (probably around 50h). It burned my brain, so many times when I playing through the lines or just tier 1s I got so close for ranger medal and then shit happened. I ended up getting it in t22 prototype by destroying 6 light tanks!!!! It was crazy because there were so 6/7 lights. 

The crazy thing about ranger is that if you just play wot without thinking about it like just casually playing, chances are very low for you to get it 

If trying "legit" or playing any tier (anyway you wanna call it), it's just extremely fucked up, because light tanks are fast on higher tiers, so you must really have good accuracy and timings to hit lights, second of all, even if you hit a light, he'll start panicking and run away ending up dying randomly by another teammate. Also wot has lot of good players at this point so getting any of hard medals of the game is a pain now. Those reasons and many many more, like being so randomly unlucky and hitting the tracks of a light tank that is driving fast instead of the armor for damage, then a teammate finishes it, etc etc etc.

Problem with ranger is that if match has more than 3 you must destroy then all, if it was like only 3 lights and that's it, would be soooo Soo much easier and straightforward.

Indeed, fuck that shit, ranger medal and wot platinum is not for normal people, that's just the conclusion I get. While you know ranger it's a possible thing to do, at same time, you also think you'll never get it done when trying it. World of tanks great game if you have good teammates and if not going for certain crazy achievements, just makes me mad how game is unobtainable after 2+ years since 6.0 update.

Bro from what i remmber on the ps4 version, there was that italian map, and bots at tier 1 
it was much much easier to get that trophy, but on ps5 now, like you say, almost impoosible 

btw in the past i was playing on pc a tier 5 german medium, for some reason all the light rushed me and coudnt kill me ( lower tier) and i got that medal there without even knowing how rare it was :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

aight bois i've been at it for about 3 days now, multiple times getting 2/3 but the last one just always dies out somewhere else, anyone have any tips or just anything for this really? i've been trying on tier 5 and 4 since tier 3 is too populated with lt's and going higher tier the tanks get more hp and there's also the problem with the wheeled tanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:15 PM, Legate_Hawk said:

ok so funny but i now got it, i honestly can't believe i made it KV-1S with the 122mm howitzer is the tank to do it in a tier 4 match

congrats bro!!
yes tanks with derp guns can be used for this since u can take out lights with 1 shot

• 2 months later...

I got it with Chaffee today?!!!

This time I am really, really excited because I have already missed twice before (Got 2 out of 3, failed the last 1).

I was sweating & hand shaking when driving close to the last one.

The pressure is insane, you need to have luck, calmness, patience, and skills...

What a challenging & rewarding trophy.

Some tips:
My commander skill set: 6th sense, +view range, +10% crew performance, Run-n-Gun

Run-n-Gun is a very important skill for this trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember doing it on PS4, went full try hard mode chasing the enemy lights lol xD Lower tier battle can also be tricky as you have an increased chance to have 4+ enemy light tanks making it more difficult. On PS5 this one autopopped, which is great ? Congrats to you all !