Chop 'Til You Drop Update

SiC

1 hour ago, GinjAJ said:

It truly baffles me that people defend this kind of practice. This game is almost 5 years old on the ps4... there is no need for them to add trophies like this. I am all for supporting a game for people who still play KF2 and enjoy it, but just move to in game achievements. This is what makes it so hard to want to play any PS+ game.. knowing they might be dragging out trophies for 5+ years. 

Also, there is no need to point out "It's a free trophy". I have heard it all already. I don't need a free trophy for a game that is 5 years old.

This is just my opinion.

Last  time I pointed out  here that this was a  waste of money and time,  a bunch of armchair CEO in  their 20s with no experience attacked me, I’m glad that this time, more reasonable people are posting here. This remains a monumental waste of time and resources, and even if they’re banking on  micro transactions, adding trophies won’t change anything about them, they only piss off people trying to collect  the trophies, risking additional sales for when/if KF3 comes out, and the  whales don’t require another stupid find 10 things every few months.

This company is either incompetent, has some deadweight handling this who would be completely unproductive if they stopped, so they squeeze it until they can and the top brass can’t notice it because, well it’s a fucking trophy/achievement and will trust the “experts”, or both.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

It truly baffles me that people defend this kind of practice. This game is almost 5 years old on the ps4... there is no need for them to add trophies like this. I am all for supporting a game for people who still play KF2 and enjoy it, but just move to in game achievements. This is what makes it so hard to want to play any PS+ game.. knowing they might be dragging out trophies for 5+ years. 

Also, there is no need to point out "It's a free trophy". I have heard it all already. I don't need a free trophy for a game that is 5 years old.

This is just my opinion.

Or at least add more than just 1 at a time. They could always follow human fall flat, where it releases 3 trophies for each new map

omg... Trophy Pack 3..... 1 trophy in that list, so I guess we've got at least 2-3 years more of dribs and drabs, trophies coming in?

Great game, and free updates, and more trophies are nice.

But seriously, if I'd have known there's be a new trophy every 1-2 months, lasting seemingly forever. I probably wouldn't have started game when it was free on PS+

There's quite easily about 4 individual games worth of content now.

I must have automatically downloaded a terabyte of Killing Floor 2 game files by now.

Also, it's weird how they call it "Chop Til You Drop"

That name will always remind of Dead Rising on the Nintendo Wii.

dead-rising-chop-till-you-drop.jpg

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Last  time I pointed out  here that this was a  waste of money and time,  a bunch of armchair CEO in  their 20s with no experience attacked me, I’m glad that this time, more reasonable people are posting here. This remains a monumental waste of time and resources, and even if they’re banking on  micro transactions, adding trophies won’t change anything about them, they only piss off people trying to collect  the trophies, risking additional sales for when/if KF3 comes out, and the  whales don’t require another stupid find 10 things every few months.

This company is either incompetent, has some deadweight handling this who would be completely unproductive if they stopped, so they squeeze it until they can and the top brass can’t notice it because, well it’s a fucking trophy/achievement and will trust the “experts”, or both.

It does seem weird that I have not spent a single unit of currency on this game since I got it for free, and yet I am devoted to playing the game, so I am supporting the game by playing it, getting all the updates and trophies, but the devs aren't making any profit at all from me. I guess in my instance and perhaps some of you here too, we're not making any profit for the devs, I mean we are literally just participating and getting the trophies and then leaving the game the moment we have what we came here.

I mean, I don't even play the game online anymore. I load up the game while searching on youtube for a guide. Start the stage, kill every zombie in Wave 1 and just leave the final fatty walking around.

Youtube video on my laptop nearby is at 50% speed, of where all the collectibles are. Run around getting the collectibles, shut down the game, then come back 2-3 months later and do the same thing all over again (I usually wait for 2-3 trophies at once these days instead of doing each single trophy as it arrives)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I mean, I don't even play the game online anymore. I load up the game while searching on youtube for a guide. Start the stage, kill every zombie in Wave 1 and just leave the final fatty walking around.

Yup, that's exactly what I do, but prefer to find them myself.  The problem here is that they are adding more trophies for pointless collectibles - they are even using the same collectibles now and not using new ones.  

By all means continue to support the game, but adding unneccessary and trivial  trophies only serves to irritate those players who want to move on to another game once they have completed it - not to mention those with limited storage space who have to download it again every few months.

I still enjoy the game, but adding trophies just seems pointless. Dying Light is still supported and receives regular new content, but they do not feel the need to add trophies to it.  I wish they followed their example rather than tacking on another trophy each time they add a map.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Yup, that's exactly what I do, but prefer to find them myself.  The problem here is that they are adding more trophies for pointless collectibles - they are even using the same collectibles now and not using new ones.  

By all means continue to support the game, but adding unneccessary and trivial  trophies only serves to irritate those players who want to move on to another game once they have completed it - not to mention those with limited storage space who have to download it again every few months.

I still enjoy the game, but adding trophies just seems pointless. Dying Light is still supported and receives regular new content, but they do not feel the need to add trophies to it.  I wish they followed their example rather than tacking on another trophy each time they add a map.

It's annoying that the trophies are an easy chore, more than being fun or challenging. I did like the one where you had to kill that new Patriarch boss. Actually gave me an opportunity to get back into the game for a while. But shooting 10 collectibles, collectibles doesn't seem the right game for it, since you don't really have time to look around and search, in the time down you are quickly running to the recharge point and stocking up weapons, in the fight, well, you are fighting...

Many of the original trophies I got by using the rocket launcher blast guy on a multiplayer and spending most of my time just firing rockets in every part of the scenery and getting the collectibles by accident. I got quite a few of the trophies that way, and also there were often other people playing who would go for the collectibles on my behalf. Some of the new stages though are really huge so you can't do that anymore.

Anyway, I am so glad I never started Dead By Daylight when it was free on PS+, that game has what, about 30 paid DLC by now? I guess we could have had it worse, but still. It's been 4 years since I started, and "Trophy pack 3" makes it seems like at least another 2-3 years left of trophies to earn.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, locoporkko said:

I never delete the game

Same here lol. I actually play it and enjoy it. Yeah, I definitely play it a lot more when the updates come out. But sometimes I'll play a few round between updates. The extra trophies are just a bonus.

I think most people who complain about the trophies being added on are just lazy and don't want to have to keep re-downloading it lol.

7 hours ago, Paco-001 said:

Hi mate. The reason I wil support this Dev is that they release new FREE content with trophies. Be against FREE content with trophies baffles me. U need to take trophies less serious if this annoys you. Besides u are not a completionist so why care anyway? I skipped new game+ DLC trophies in the past and can't care less. This game is fun enough to came back to every couple months. Trophy hunters are a small portion of all gamers anyway and they don't care about us normally anyway. COD and Battlefield have released paid DLC without trophies because they don't care about us. Battlefield for example had bugged trophies for months before they were fixed. Just a friendly thought mate.

Lots of assumptions here,  you’re more angry than me in this moment, as all I did I pointed out the ineptitude of a company, I’ll still get the stupid trophies sooner or later, but I definitely won’t be buying, or even playing for free KF3. What makes you think I’m not a completionist? My completion rate? That’s just because I don’t want to spend money on worthless DLCs, and put several games on hold, hell, I went back to Mortal Kombat 9more  than seven years later, I still have all the games I played, and have 200+ games not open yet because I’m trying to slowly boost my completion rate.  There is also a substantial mental difference between having to buy two season passes for a game who has 5+DLCs sets and a single bronze you can get for “free”, time to download and  GB space  considered. Besides, you could at  the very least  have a decent profile yourself, before shaming others, just a friendly thought, of course.

Now, instead of watching other people’s profiles you could try doing some little research  about the game you’re defending, it’s difficult on Youtube because it’s not as famous, and as such clickbaity as the games you mentioned, but KF2 had black screen problems on release day, so whatever, bugs in games is something that happens to majority of games, be they famous or otherwise. You received the ps4 version which came out later than Windows, specifically you received the ps4 version months after its release on ps4 via psplus without paying a cent (to them that is, psplus you still need to pay), so more than 2 years passed between the game’s original release, and you booting it up, and your  “support” ranges to downloading  this game every 3-4 months, watching a YouTube video of a poor soul that every 3-4 of said  months torture him/herself in order to help others getting the stupid trophies to this post.  And now you emotionally and thoughtlessly barge in to defend their  self-inflicting damages. 

Now, here’s the thing, you state that devs don’t care about trophy hunters, I disagree, because there is solid data  that there is a market for them, with Ratalaika, Annapuma, that Christian dev I forgot the name, Sony making trophies much easier  etc, but that’s not even important because  even if they were a minuscule fragment, the earnings would still be negative, and also, Tripwire themselves disagree with your statement, if they were to agree, they wouldn’t bother to  add a trophy  for 5 years in the first place, and all the “boons” you describe regarding the game are not lost if, suddenly they decide to stop adding trophies every single time they decide to add a new map. That’s definitely not something  that would damage  their interest in Microtransactions,  or Killing Floor 3 whenever it’s released, they’re risking angering people having to download the game for 5 years every single time, which brings a negative impact when KF3 is released, and people don’t want to grow old and die  trying to finishing it, and most surely, won’t be buying any MTXs, while the positive impact is nonexistent, because, the game would still get free updates, with the devs desperately trying to squeeze its life for some more  wishful thinking they’ll find whales in their dying userbase. 

Oh, and one thing, it’s good that cod and bf released DLCs without trophies, especially cod since Activision is allergic to discounts,  I’d say your examples are bad, you’re making the two of them look good by comparison.

Hell, you’re baffled that people don’t like free content, yet you desperately want  Activision and EA to add DLCs with trophies so you can burn  more money? Get your priorities and convictions right.