Is this flaggeable?

zgz93

Using another's account (not PSN) is flaggeable? Let me explain: Army of Two: 40th Day has a trophy for creating a mask and using it online, however that web to create the mask was off. Otherwise, it can be earned by linking another user's EA account who created the mask years ago to your PSN ID and then using that mask.

Is that behaviour flagged?

7 minutes ago, zgz93 said:

Using another's account (not PSN) is flaggeable? Let me explain: Army of Two: 40th Day has a trophy for creating a mask and using it online, however that web to create the mask was off. Otherwise, it can be earned by linking another user's EA account who created the mask years ago to your PSN ID and then using that mask.

This is as close as any of the Cheater Removers have weighed in on a situation similar to your question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zgz93 said:

No it can't be. It doesn't work anyway.

Edited by Smashero

• 9 months later...
37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you didn't create and download a mask before the website closed, you are completely out of luck for legitimately getting this trophy these days.

EA shall add some random mask which could be automatically downloaded when you log into MP, but of course it will never happen having in mind that the game is totally abandoned since years and MP will die soon... Hate those "additional" out of the game things which are so quickly abandoned and anyway trophy related... Same thing with uploading something to Facebook or download from the store or make some additional things via external site etc. Such things shouldn't be allowed... 

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So servers will be dead soon and a lot of people started this title to finish MP before servers closure.

And DIY PMC seems to be even a first trophy on some lists...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/518-army-of-two-the-40th-day/45-diy-pmc

So is there some new trick or I shall trust that more than 10 years ago XXX did the mask, didn't even start the game and now popped the trophy in glory...
Interesting...

Pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that anyone unlocking it this late in the day without unlocking another specific trophy first, would be flagged.

I can't remember which trophy it was though, I'm not familiar with the game. Maybe it was just the link that @DaivRules posted at the start of the thread.. ?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/11703-how-are-people-still-getting-diy-pmc/?do=findComment&comment=2067096

Edited by iXanon
Link
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that anyone unlocking it this late in the day without unlocking another specific trophy first, would be flagged.

I can't remember which trophy it was though, I'm not familiar with the game. Maybe it was just the link that @DaivRules posted at the start of the thread.. 1f914.png

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/11703-how-are-people-still-getting-diy-pmc/?do=findComment&comment=2067096

Right! I remember this post, thanks! 
Oh well... Soon it will be over forever anyway :/ - 20th of October...

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I seem to remember someone else tried that and it didn't work 1f914.png.

IIRC it was only mentioned in another topic - without any evidences...

On 7/15/2022 at 6:41 AM, ChAoTic-NaRNiiAN said:

It is still possible to get the mask achievement. If an account has had a psn account linked to it at any point you cant put the mask on a new psn account but can on one gamertag and vice versa.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:28 AM, Smashero said:

So servers will be dead soon and a lot of people started this title to finish MP before servers closure.

And DIY PMC seems to be even a first trophy on some lists...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/518-army-of-two-the-40th-day/45-diy-pmc

So is there some new trick or I shall trust that more than 10 years ago XXX did the mask, didn't even start the game and now popped the trophy in glory...
Interesting...

You don't need to have played the game before to pop the trophy first. Also because it was website based you could have sent to either xbox or playstation, doesnt mean either is flaggable.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:51 AM, Smashero said:

Right! I remember this post, thanks! 
Oh well... Soon it will be over forever anyway :/ - 20th of October...

Well tbh it says lost connection to host when someone who is hosting leaves which would lead you to think its peer to peer

On 11/10/2022 at 6:38 AM, iXanon said:

I can't remember which trophy it was though, I'm not familiar with the game. Maybe it was just the link that @DaivRules posted at the start of the thread.. 1f914.png

And what specific trophy would that be then, hmm? Lol it literally can be the first trophy you get

36 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

You don't need to have played the game before to pop the trophy first. Also because it was website based you could have sent to either xbox or playstation, doesnt mean either is flaggable.

I am VERY well aware of that.

I think I will change my sentence a bit:

On 11.10.2022 at 7:28 AM, Smashero said:

I shall trust that more than 10 years ago YOU did the mask using the website, didn't even start the game for 10 years and now popped the trophy in glory when you got the info about server's closure.
Interesting...

Edited by Smashero

23 hours ago, iXanon said:

My reply to your question is literally in the post you quoted.

Smartass.

"Im not sure which trophy exactly".

Yes, that clearly states which trophy.

23 hours ago, Smashero said:

I am VERY well aware of that.

I think I will change my sentence a bit:

Personally i played the army of two games on xbox years and years ago.

But as this thing goes, people have been popping the trophy in question for over a decade since the website went down. And nothing's been done up to now? Those who popped it in august and september havent been taken off the earnt list, since learning the server is closing; before that none was earnt for 11 months previous. But like i said, its been a forum post before because I've seen it in the past couple of days, just nothings been done about it. This is something 'outside of game'. It's not game based. Why is it in any shape flaggable or removable?

Edited by GeorgieBeast
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

"Im not sure which trophy exactly".

Yes, that clearly states which trophy.

Personally i played the army of two games on xbox years and years ago.

But as this thing goes, people have been popping the trophy in question for over a decade since the website went down. And nothing's been mentioned up to now? Those who popped it in august and september havent been taken off the earnt list, before that none for 11 months previous. But like i said, its bee a forum post before because I've seen it in the past couple of days, just nothings been done about it. This is something 'outside of game'. It's not game based. Why is it in any shape flaggable or removable?

i would say this doesn't get as noticed or mentioned as much because the community that still continues to play is much smaller then let's say the communities from Blacks Ops 2 that complain about Big Leagues or GTAV and the RLTW trophy.

In the same sense on those while I'm sure there may be some credence of legitimacy to earning the trophies still on some way. (Case in point the common excuse of people saying hey I found this old console or save I haven't booted up in a long time.) Since the trophies are more commonly hacked it's probably easier I imagine for it to be just said hey these are consider not legitimate if you earn them now.

Because let's face it the chance that someone, anyone bothered to make a mask for a game x years ago. Never bothered to use it even though they made it specifically for a game they planned to play, just seems out of the ordinary honestly and the fact it's been brought up multiple times as an excuse is just weird.

Edit: Honestly though if I still had my old account I probably would test to see if this even works. But even if I could remember my log on I'm sure it's been long wiped.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

i would say this doesn't get as noticed or mentioned as much because the community that still continues to play is much smaller then let's say the communities from Blacks Ops 2 that complain about Big Leagues or GTAV and the RLTW trophy.

In the same sense on those while I'm sure there may be some credence of legitimacy to earning the trophies still on some way. (Case in point the common excuse of people saying hey I found this old console or save I haven't booted up in a long time.) Since the trophies are more commonly hacked it's probably easier I imagine for it to be just said hey these are consider not legitimate if you earn them now.

Because let's face it the chance that someone, anyone bothered to make a mask for a game x years ago. Never bothered to use it even though they made it specifically for a game they planned to play, just seems out of the ordinary honestly and the fact it's been brought up multiple times as an excuse is just weird.

Edit: Honestly though if I still had my old account I probably would test to see if this even works. But even if I could remember my log on I'm sure it's been long wiped.

It's not hacked because i have seen the whole thread. Yes i totally agree, and know for a fact, a whole bunch of people have earnt it without creating their own mask.

But it's about creating a mask on a website. Since when is that ps3 gaming? The website went down yonks ago. I saw there was actually a slight backdoor method in the day, as the actual site was reused for the sequel game, so with a little 'press backwards' you could get to what you wanted. The fact remains it could be used for xbox or ps3.

The method they have been getting it isn't through hacking, merely using what Sony literally put into the operating system, as a usb save section. Its literally what they have it there for. The fact that no other trophy pops for them clearly shows it works how its meant to, i.e when the file isnt resigned to another user, it cant be used by someone else. The only thing theyre getting is the unfortunate one of a website being taken down which isnt their fault in any way. Its not messing around and hacking.

Theres no effort not being made to earn it, infact i would say they're going to more effort to actually do it than the legit method years ago if anything. They aren't saving anything by doing it is what i mean. Not like jumping in someone else's save game at the end of new game plus after all the games complete to get a trophy and saving multiple hours of play. And potentially them not being able to even do it. Or glitched cod lobbies getting prestige in a few minutes rather than legitimate time and effort spent etc. Common sense with this needs to be taken, surely. Leniency based on the fact a feature being implemented by them is working as intended. Otherwise: if they are flagging the recent ones, they need to flag the entire more than decade's worth of 'after website went down' trophy pops.

Edited by GeorgieBeast

On 09/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, DaivRules said:

This is as close as any of the Cheater Removers have weighed in on a situation similar to your question.

His comment literally makes no logical sense.

You get benefit of the doubt for earning a trophy for using a mask in-game that you needed to use a newly defunct website, after playing the game, where you would have earnt it from merely playing? No sense. You'd already have it. You wouldnt have created it, sent to game and not used it in game after earning other trophies. It'd be the first thing you'd do in game.

This is why it being the first trophy earnt is literally more sense. Not played the game but actually already creating one on your ea account. Bearing in mind there's more than one platform. It's literally not provable by anyone saying they've got it from using someone else's.

And anyway, where does that lie with people jumping on other's save file to get new game plus completion trophies? That's worse as it is skill based, actually saves time etc etc. This is just people with a stick up their backside.

Edited by GeorgieBeast